According to the new patchnotes. Sombra being able to contest in stealth was a "bug"

New mercy is even more unbalanced and they cant seem to balance it at all.

Old mercy only needed some minor tweaking to be in a balanced state.

Utterly spineless. They’ve already ruined Sombra, no need to insult us on top of that.

1 Like

Next patch note: Fixed a bug where cryo freeze,Wraith form,wall-Ride,fade,Blink,SwiftStrike and Rez were able to contest objectives.

Seriously blizzard?Im seriously thinking blizzard might do this and I’m terrified.

Somebody explain to me why this is a problem?

If it’s listed as a bug and fixed, it ends up being fixed.
If it’s listed as a nerf and fixed, it ends up being fixed.

Do these abilities last indefinitely?

1 Like

The patch notes specifically calls out in the hero change section that Sombra can no longer contest objectives while in stealth. The bug fix section makes it sound like she was still able to contest payloads after the stealth change.

2 Likes

i think its a bug from the ptr maybe i don’t know because in the actual hero notes for the changes it says “No longer can contest objectives while invisible”.

The patch notes are an insult to our intelligence. They even wrote speed boost decreased from 70% to 50%.

This is obviously in reference to the new Sombra being able to contest Obj.

It doesn’t matter. They still have the final word on anything.

That’s a patch note I’d look forward too. Sadly it’s too late for some of our favourite heroes.

Next patch: Fixed a “bug” that allowed Symmetra to teleport objects such as turrets and D.vas mech…

They’d do it too…

5 Likes

aaaaaaaaaah just like how moira was able to heal through barrier and it was called a bug and fixed many months later…
I don’t know what i’m expecting from them anymore…

2 Likes

I’d actually be interested in documenting everything that was labelled as a bug incorrectly. So far we have:

• Lucio gaining speed with wallrides
  • Moira healing through barriers
  • Mercy damage boosting certain projectiles
  • Sombra contesting objectives in stealth

What are we missing?

Fixed a bug that allowed moira to heal through barriers, remember that one, this isn’t anything new but it’s still just as pathetic.

Edit: i guess you already know from the post above me😂 and for more so called “bug fixes”, Reinhardt can’t animation cancel with this new patch and he can no longer shield jump effectively, both of those “bugs” have been there since launch and he feels terrible to play presently, they didn’t even have the guts to put them in the patch notes.

PTR sombra was changed so she could not contest objectives while invisible anymore as compensation for getting infinite invisibility, since otherwise she could infinitely contest points if she just dodged around the bullets and nobody could find her unless by luck.

This change was very much intended but it was apparently bugged, so they fixed it.

I mean, it was in the PTR notes from a month ago. They were upfront about it.

6 Likes

It was NOT a wrongly labeled bug, even a developer post here on the forums said clearly that with infinite stealth Sombra shouldn’t be able to contest objectives.

Quit misinformation. They said clearly this change will go through.

1 Like

[quote=“Tenor-11929, post:38, topic:170307”]
They were upfront about it
[/quote]They also explicitly list that the ability to contest while stealth was a bug and has been patched out.

They may be referring to a bug in the PTR build where post-nerf Sombra can still contest in stealth, but they don’t explicitly say that.

It’s a bug for the current Sombra. It was said clearly in the patch notes that they have changed that (contesting while inv). It seems that she could still contest some objectives, so in all definitions that is a bug now.

1 Like

This ISN’T misinformation though. This is exactly how it’s been printed on the official website Overwatch 2 - Patch Notes

I should also note since last night they’ve slipped it in as a feature. It was NOT there yesterday when they put up the official patchnotes.