About that goats killer patch

Someone has been watching OWL I see. On the ladder, it’s 3 DPS minimum.

And “goats killer”? Whomever said that? Lol, Monkey even got buffed.

that is because on lower ranks we have a lot of smurfs and they dont tryhard metas like goats… but also on lower ranks like diamons, is really easy win with goats.

Lets see they only buffed all the DPS and many of the goats counters. I wonder what that was for…

You can play the heroes and not experience actual goats. It was the same during dive. Jeff has stated with stats behind him that most players are not actually experiencing the goats they complain about

Yeah, about that…

Can you guys stop/chill asking (more like stop your ‘‘crying’’) how these metas should be killed & stop using metas as scapegoat?

And who called it “goats killer”?

Just because you buff a bunch of DPS, doesn’t mean they will, on a compositional level, outperform 3-3. That’s a superficial view that isn’t going to hold strong on a pro level. On the ladder, sure, couldn’t pay a random to play main tank.

Only everyone that knew anything about the game and the meta :woman_shrugging:

Apparently they did not… According to you, goats is alive and well.

I didn’t see one, I’m sorry.

It wasn’t goats killer, go back a few months, you’ll see threadshere about it.

Lets see they only nerfed all the tanks with armor nerf, nerfed Lucio speed (vital to goats), Zen discord (vital to goats), buffed 10 different DPS. But yes it was clearly not intended to kill goats. They nerfed armor because in QP tanks that nobody wants to play are too strong :woman_shrugging:

Lul there’s still people thinking GOATs is strong because of tanks and only tanks.
How cute.

Meta, smurfs, throwers, toxics, everything will do to avoid any introspection in the head of simple persons.

Maybe if we finally added those suggestions i said before…we would have been done with this

1 Like

obligatory explanation of why goats is meta:

1 Like

I made a post about my theory that GOATs is a thing because DPS tend to be too powerfull because of powercreep, so strong they kinda counter themselves so that’s why you need GOATs against any DPS heavy META, so mirror GOATs became a thing.

Glad to see someone with more knowledge of the game than I have thinking more or less the same thing.

I mean, we just buffed Soldier back to the point he was considered as OP more than a year ago, and now, he’s just meh, and squishies have still 200 hp. It’s logical that it’s harder and harder to play a squishie hero especially at pro level.

2 Likes

What were the suggestions?

Check the Moira and Reaper changes in My megapatch thread

I think i explained it there too in the comments too

The real reduc. Should help deal with goats

Reinhardt voice - “I remember that thread.”

I would have triggered the start of Mei’s wall cooldown off her breaking it, rather than it starting.

Letting her get it back quicker / slower depending on if she brings it down early would be an interesting mechanic.

I’ll go look at Moira / Reaper.

Oh yeah, the healing suppression. I like it - and it fits so well in the lore, since, Reapers weapons are hard to heal the damage from, and Moria IS taking stuff from Reaper, and refining it for her own use.

I like the repair pack changes too, but, that may be a bit strong.

We still going with goats?
Why cant we just let pro players complain about their gameplay insted of posting for them?

I know they intended it to be. They also intended for Reaper to counter it and look how that turned out.

I didn’t see anyone calling it goats killer, because I didn’t see anyone expecting to kill goats. I’m not questioning the intention but the expectation.

The armor nerf was small, and a buff to Winston GOATS.

The Discord nerf is literally 5%.

The DPS buffs are nice but they don’t do much, or at least still haven’t, at the compositional level, made DPS comps as good as 3-3, and that is not hindsight 20/20 type of thing. It was being said even before the patch hit as well, the patch took down Rein goats more than it did Winston - who actually got a buff.

It’s not surprising at all that Goats still dominant.

Jayne from the Dallas Fuel predicted along the same lines, as well as famous YouTubers (for whatever their take is worth).

Whomever said the patch was Goats killer made a mistake and I’m afraid it might have given you the wrong expectations. Sorry, I guess.

The boop changes are the reason for that mostly

Also I understand your frustration if you are watching owl only and stuff. However in Game no one plays Goats outside of gm and even if it will probably go wrong.