Ableism and accessibility

Stop trying to create a slippery slope argument. Equal access to everyone is not the same as some people with better equipment having a better advantage.

A pair of $5 headphones is not an unreasonable request. Asking people to invest in $500 computer equipment beyond minimum specs is.

You’re making a strawman argument here too and you need to stop.

There are always going to be inequalities you just have to work with what you got and make the best of it.

Those $5 headphones will not be much better than my speaker setup

I remember trying out Sony MDR-1000X and I could hear sombra from miles away. But those are $200. Good headphones (the really high quality ones with positional sound) are really, really close to cheating as in equivalent to wall hacks

Then I guess go be the person who argues that headphones should be removed from Overwatch because they’re overpowered.

You just literally took any credit you had as a player and threw it out the window. By your logic, Overwatch should have no sound or visuals, and just rely on spraying your primary fire and hoping for the best. Because anything that is relatively accessible to the majority of the playerbase is “almost cheating”.

1 Like

Positioning sound mainly comes from the software. You just need headsets with decent sound quality and you can then just use the positioning software. You don’t need a crazy headset

It’s a controversial topic for sure and I hve dicsussed it at length before

144hz also gives a HUGE advantage and I would say enroaching into the “unreasonable cost” territory

LMAO AT THINKING HEADPHONES ARE CONTROVERSIAL.

Ooh boy.

Thanks for the laughs!

You can laugh but blizzard doesnt allow mouse/kb on consoles…

Because its hardware most consoles dont support.

They support them fine

I guess I’ll just take your word on that, headphone expert.

90% of the playerbase uses headphones. Youre giving yourself a forced disadvantage. Get real.

Need a source on that

Actually no, I have hearing problems aggravated by headphones use

Gamesense and positioning are going to be much more impactful than hardware. Yeah it has an effect but the majority of the time you will have the biggest impact on your success

It’s like how this is a team game so about 20% of your matches are a stomp and you can win by doing nothing. 20% you can get as much value as possible and still lose. But the majority of the time your impact will sway the results of your match

They’re literally unable to ban people over it.

1 Like

-looks at every OWL player in headphones-

Wow. No wonder they’re in OWL. Such unfair advantages!

Yeah, then you can’t complain when we balance around OWL/top down balance…

Rip that killed my main ;.;

Literally any headphones, even $5 gas station ones = the same information closed captions provide.

Captions are not OP. You’re just salty about headphones.

Actually i have a hearing loss disability aggravated by headphones and they give me something like vertigo

Then you should be pleased that closed captions were added into the game, and provide the same information that wearing headphones would have. Congratulations. Overwatch is now more accessible for you because you now get the same advantage as a headphones player.

You’re literally arguing that we should just not get audio cues or something.

1 Like