A New Journey is Right Around the Corner: Overwatch 2 PvP Beta Wrap-Up

A New Journey is Right Around the Corner: Overwatch 2 PvP Beta Wrap-Up

Our first Overwatch 2 PvP Beta has ended!

View Full Article

14 Likes

Let’s take a look at this.

June 16th seems to be the next one

Edit: Next major Update, not beta

10 Likes

Two (duplicate) threads enter, only one will leave! Which shall it be?

4 Likes

thats like an eternity from now. i guess the hype will re-ignite on twitch tho since everyone will be waiting for so long

1 Like

Back to OW I guess :sleeping:

3 Likes

Weird. A wrap up article with no wrap up, outside of the obligatory thanks for participating. Figured they’d mention a few lessons learned or what worked well.

23 Likes

Loved the beta, shame to see it go.

Just please please please don’t kick anyone out that is already in from this phase. Feels like it would be a massive PR own goal to try and spike a Twitch number again!

13 Likes

So… is the incoming Remix event the same as the last one? Do we have permanent Archives now?

I had a ton of fun these past few weeks playing the beta and reading delusional forum rants about why I shouldn’t be having fun

11 Likes

You wrote a whole article with meaningless platitudes instead of a review. Why are you calling this a wrap up, you didn’t summarize anything?!?

15 Likes

Well, this seems concerning.

2 Likes

now watch what’s left of your OW1 playerbase dry up even more as the first bit of new content that’s been seen in years is taken away from them

12 Likes

Thanks. Can’t wiat to get on the next beta ASAP

3 Likes

As soon as I read that it was a closing statement from Aaron Keller I was disappointed. I assumed it would be several paragraphs of corporate nothingspeak and I was absolutely correct.

More transparency = better. Notes and stats (like the increase in percentage of deaths received by supports in last week’s post) are infinitely more interesting and welcome than benign platitudes.

11 Likes

I’m super excited could we please get it on MacOS?

2 Likes

If I’d recommend anything, it’s clarify what “an Overwatch 2 Event on June 16” means lest peoples’ expectations get out of hand.

EDIT:

6 Likes

Yeah, I was honestly expecting more data from this beta to be shown, such as how most of the heroes performed and which heroes kind of fallen behind. Just raw data and information gathered, so the development team for OW2 can fix and/or revise on the changes they’ve implemented and will be addressed when it comes back later next month.

1 Like

Wow the next beta is 1 month away

That is WAY earlier than I expected!!

2 Likes

If this next beta on June 16th is the one mentioned in the developer update video, it will be public and open to all