A Mercy Rework or Revert

people keep using aria rose as a good example or good role model for mercy changes or players, and frankly im a bit sick of it.

Also, i hope you realize that saying that is actually against the CoC.

2 Likes

I repeat the phrase before.
You deserve the ban from the forum, it is offensive to a person and does not count for anything on this discussion.

Iā€™m trying to look at her kit as a whole. You have a pure support with access to damage boost and the most reliable healing in game. You cant always justify the pick of every hero in OW which is what Iā€™m saying. Mercy is fine to have a niche for herself damage amping Widow, Bastion and Pharah while playing a more off healer role when shes not doing that. That sounds fine to me personally.

That being said if you mix Mercys reliability with her high healing output why would you take someone such as Moira who can run out of resource mid fight? Why take an Ana who can miss healing at clutch moments?

Replying to more: Taking two main healers is justifiable in some cases and not ā€œwrongā€ at all. Look at the enemy team comp.

Example: Does the enemy team have a Sombra? What good is sound barrier to that? What about Zarya and Ana making any defensive heal ultimate worthless with the use of Grav and Anti nade.

Zen and Lucio comps were staple and are still quite good at the moment, but is it wrong to run two off healers? The short answer is yes. Sometimes it is and the healing needs to be turned up and the team cant afford two off healers. Sometimes the damage is low and may require discord, sometimes the team needs to reposition and we need speed boost and sometimes the map promotes long sight lines for Widow+Mercy or great sky boxes for Pharmercy.

Thatā€™s what balance and niche is and that applies across the board. Why should Mercy be immune to that?

this is against CoC. What i have said is no different than what other people have said on the forums regarding aria and they havent been punished.

But I know you will not be punished. But you have proven to be a troll, here we are discussing facts.

how exactly am i a troll? just because i said something bad about your idol doesnt make me a troll.

I donā€™t know about that,. Iā€™ve gotten plenty of people punished for that cult/Arian meme :man_shrugging:

Moira, an average player does not finish the resource, in fact the data show that even at low rank moira has an average healing higher than mercy (except bronze and silver).
Ana can compensate with higher kit. And in any case, the fact remains that ana has a much higher healing burst (and thatā€™s right).
But the fact remains that apart from the rez, mercy now does nothing to the team.
Furthermore, as mentioned, in order to maintain this ability on the E, we have emptied the main role of mercy.

It is not my idol, I do not care what it says or does it aria, I only care what I write.
Youā€™re trolling because youā€™re disturbing a discussion between us. You are inappropriate because you are offending a person by his tone of voice.

lol, if you think what i said is offensive, yikes.

Also, this is a forums, and im adding my input to this thread because it uses aria as an example.

Getting upset over a random forum user ā€˜interrupting a convoā€™ when this is a forums is silly

well if theyre memeing i understand that, but i am not memeing and i do not care about that cult meme, or memeing aria. Just getting tired of her as being praised like shes that good of a person or even debater/discussioner.

If anyone should be praised or used as an example it should be titanium.

I agree with you Mercy is the case of a power budget gone wrong where Ressurect had so much power that the rest of her kit had to go for the sack of balance. In that aspect I agree she needs something.

However the spot shes in now and being the niche pick doesnt mean shes outright bad. Iā€™m having a hard time trying to figure out what you (and some other Mercy mains) want. If you want her to be the highest single target healer why is that, shes always offered damage and healing rework or not. Shes always been a very safe and reliable healer.

Looking at the game outside of Mercy solely shes very hard to dive and can heal through barriers around corners and undue a mistake (ult or not itā€™s still a VERY strong ability). Moira albeit rare CAN run out of resource and if the Ana player isnt landing every sleep on a flanker shes a sitting duck for divers whose entire kit (bar nano) can be DMā€™d or blocked.

Also replied a bit more to your previous post.

I speak for myself, but I read that many want the rez as ultimate. I know that the mass rez will never come back. I want mercy to be a valid choice also as main support (I play any support, and I love moira). Because if we accept that a main support instead of doing its job if it goes for a walk glued to a dps, we are derailing. As said mercy works if you have another main support (but so you do not have ultimate defensive, thatā€™s why the mercy win rate is low, among the lowest, even at middle and low ranks) and if you have pharah and widow in the team.
The supports are chosen for team composition(or map), in its entirety, not for a specific pick. As with ana and Moira.
As said even single the rez must return as ultimate. I do not care whether mercy is meta or not. But it must be usable and usable by working as it was conceived: main support.

I keep telling you that youā€™re disturbing our discussion between me and narcodix. With this I close and ignore your posts.

P.S. sorry for my bad english

I wanted to add a clarification. Personally, it does not matter if the average healing of mercy is superior to others or not. But I simply noticed the inconsistency that the devs wrote after this last nerf. But above all with 50 hps you do not have the healing burst necessary for your main support role. The problem I wanted to highlight is that he can not do his job, if not, as I said before, in unfavorable conditions for your team.
I play OW tournaments, OW competitive ones, I play a few games. But at the level of team play mercy is never convenient. Rez or not rez, 50 hps are too few as main support.

Exactly you just said it, ā€œThe supports are chosen for team composition (or map), in its entirety, not for a specific pickā€.

Okay not so much the latter but the former is what Iā€™m trying to explain about being a niche. Lucio is great on 2 CP maps, Nepal/Illios in particular. Zen is fantastic when your running dive and Mercy has her niche in those aspects and well. Route 66 and Junkertown are great attack maps for Bastion boosting, while Oasis is a great Pharah map and by association a Mercy map as well.

Every hero has the ability to shine in certain scenarios which is the beauty of Overwatch. Of course thier are going to be heros who have a bit more utility than others, Dva and Rein are very staple picks (not always together but as Dive/Main tanks respectively) which isnt to say the other dive/main tanks like Winston or Hammond arent useful within certain comps.

The same is said for DPS and Support in this case and my argument is that Mercy should not be immune to that. She can perform her job as a reliable Main healer fine. If you need more AoE go Moira, slightly more single target, pick Ana but as a base Mercy still offers quite a bit.

Edit: 55 hps sounds fine to me while they choose a direction for her overall. Also to be fair I dont recall mass rez mercy being played at high levels either.

More mercy qqing, they wonā€™t do anything, adapt

But you see, maybe I did not explain well. Mercy is practically never convenient. If you use mercy you have to use another main support and you have not completed defensive for the ultimate combo of the opponents. It is no coincidence that mercy from platinum up is always in negative win rate.
To give you an example, moira is a main support that is currently balanced. It has its own niche, but when you choose it you have a high win rate. What then we are talking about niche, but ana is an almost obligatory choice. Nerf ana? Absolutely not. Because there is currently a problem with mercy, while moira has a basic kit that is insufficient for the game (just heal).
In fact moira is another problem, but we are talking about mercy so letā€™s be alone.
The problem then of mercy that fails to do its job for how it was designed, this is the real problem.
Not you, but many of the users on this forum, did not understand the mercy problem that affects the whole game. And everyone has to write, learn another hero, you just want him to come back OP, etc. But itā€™s not like that, at least for me. I want all the 3 main supports (I team game as main support) to be viable, currently only ana is viable and moira sometimes, mercy never.

its fine to have bad english mate.

Also, why is it so upsetting for you that i comment in a forum section, it doesnt matter if youre in a discussion, just ignore my posts like you are now.

I forgot. If it were true that mercy is convenient in certain situations, it would have a low pick rate and it has it (thatā€™s okay) but with a positive win rate. But no, since platinum up has a negative win rate. Actually he has it in all rankings, but letā€™s leave the low rank that is another situation.
What then I pointed out, a support you choose to map and composition of the entire team, not for a specific dps where you have to babysitter (always remember that it is a main support)

I better understand your point now and I do agree in regards that all three main healers should be balanced.

However what Iā€™m saying is that Mercy can still perform her role despite Ana being the go to overall healer for utility and Moira for more deathball teams for raw healing. Mercy was never all that great at healing very high health pools but Mercy can excel at healing lower hp DPS. Shes quick and maintains the pace with them via GA which is why we have the Pharmercy or quickly topping up someone and flying back to a Widow perch.

You may consider it babysitting but all healers do that in some regard.

I do not agree.
Being stuck 80% of the time on just one dps for a main support is unhealthy. If it were an off support it could also be there (but it would still be wrong).
If we want a balance mercy must return to 60 hps, also because the buffs ana have made it almost mandatory. We rightly complained that mercy was a mandatory pick, but also for ana. If a player does not like to play mercy, why should he play it? If another player does not like it ana why he has to play it?
And again, mercy is never convenient, it also shows its negative win rate.

1 Like