A Mercy revert could revive Overwatch

Match-swinging mass rezzes were - honestly, I’m not being sarcastic - one of my favorite moments of OW, even if on the receiving end.

It’s much more fun seeing something like that as POTG than the usual “Oh lool look ma Genji l33t ult into quad kill”. Yawn. I want supportive POTGs. Mass healing, mass rezzes, clever shield usage by Sym, etc.

And old Mercy really excelled at gettin those. Keep the nerfed 50/s healing, keep the freeze-down on rezzing, but re-introduce AE rezz as ult and please get rid of the horrible Valkyrie move :cry:

2 Likes

Do you truly believe that? Even slightly? Valk is pure cancer. There’s nothing good about it. It caused a lot of support mains to leave and the game was never exactly brimming with support mains.

3 Likes

Was it now? Really? And only the Mercy mains want it back? Go troll somewhere else

Hahaha that’s a good for a laugh if nothing else. Have you ever heard of loot boxes? That’s an income stream cut off. And not only have quite a few Mercy players quit, but the more who do shrink the pool of people who actually play healer in the game. It was hard enough finding healers in the early comp seasons… with less people who actually enjoy healing playing, you think all those DPS mains want to suddenly main healers? Good luck with that

“Revert mercy cult”… it’s like you’re ASKING to be marked as trolling

Dude this thread was a month ago. Move on.

well right now i believe its completely useless. i said that back when she had 60 heals per second and tbh back then, i was hesitant with my comment but i still found it at least a doable ult although it was really underwhelming. I’d actually rather go back to mass rez with some tweaks to it than this crap that they presented us with. I do think she is completely ruined right now and it pisses me off so much that in the dev update, jeff says that the support changes was a “huge” success. so Im with you on changes right now :confused: tbh i just wanted to be content with at least having something but honestly mercy is over all trash right now.

I feel the same. I hope they revert her. Her previous state needed some patching but at least she was fun and unique. Well time will tell what the devs do. They did… eventually… do something about poor Ana and Hog. So I guess something similar will happen for Mercy.

1 Like

probably. i also have hope for a 3rd rework as well because sym had her 3rd done. I’m just really disappointed that jeff had the guts to say that the healers are in good place? exactly how is mercy in a good place right now lol. been playing ana before they decide to nerf her into oblivion again lol

1 Like

When I heard him say it… well as much as I wish it were otherwise I wasn’t surprised. Saddened… depressed… but not surprised. He said the same thing back when Valk was OP and the forums were on fire about it. It’s saddening but the most we’ve heard out of Jeff in the year it’s been live has been ‘it was a success’ a couple of times and (pre nerf) a sentence about her win/pick rate I believe it was.

While I’m glad in the dev video he said they wanted to be more open and transparent, they seem to not want to do this for characters like Mercy and Bastion. There’s just almost no engagement with the legions of unhappy players.

I mean let’s say the devs genuinely are happy with the place she is in now, surely the customers who play their game should take priority given how vocal, every day, for a year people have been hating on 2.0? I just don’t know. Without them addressing the community’s feedback on her…

At least the obviously listened to some of the feedback on Torb based on his abilities. Now they need to do something for Mercy.

1 Like

that’s the thing. they listened to ideas here and there but mercy’s were completely ignore. it’s bothering… mercy was the most loved hero and changed a lot of people in several ways and to see such a loved hero be just pushed aside like this?

i heard some people became really happy because of mercy, i heard someone in the forums said that mercy got them to want to live again. Mercy also changed me as a person and i never knew that a game character is this impactful but she truly was. Now to see her being shoved to the side with NO responses? it’s really really disappointing. At least make a general update talking about majority of the changes going behind the scenes.

All this mercy complaints and they have the freakin guts to say that the support changed where successful*. It put all healers in a good place and im happy about it but expect for mercy. just neglected. truly disappointing

1 Like

Mercy is not only healer in this game.

Agreed. Please Blizzard, talk to us.

1 Like

Well, if you ignore Mercy, then, yes, the support roster is in a pretty good state, right now.
And that (ignoring Mercy) is exactly what the Overwatch team is doing.

Honestly, I think they could’ve left the Mercy healing nerf out, and still see the desired shift in support rates. Maybe not as drastic as now, because Mercy wouldn’t have been shifted to dumpster tier, but it’d still have seen a rise of Ana’s rates.

1 Like

True but not everyone enjoys every healer. And Mercy at least used to be the most popular by far and that’s pre 2.0. Granted she was a troll pick at diamond and above in 1.0, but she was fun.

Now I like Zen a lot, I like a bit of Moira too. But they aren’t enough to keep me playing the game much. And a lot of people, whoever they like other than Mercy, also played much less/left en masse over the course of Valk.

There are indeed more characters in Overwatch than Mercy and more aspects to the game than character selection, but not many can say they would have as much of an impact as her being fun to play for a lot more people.

1 Like

well im really glad that all expect mercy are in a good place but the support roster includes mercy and she is definitely not in a good spot. that’s why I’m disappointed, because they neglected mercy as if she doesn’t need any changes when she clearly does. like they can go ahead and be like “yup all supports but mercy are great! just not mercy though :D”

Im just disappointed at the fact of them neglecting mercy, thats all.

1 Like

Quite the opposite, a mercy revert can kill ow.
Immagin mass Rez with the current deathball meta.

How, exactly?

Well, for the moment, the player base (excluding Mercy players) and the Overwatch team got what they wanted. Mercy’s no longer an ‘OP must-pick’.

My guess is they’ll finish the Torb rework and, while working on that, hope that the community’s infighting regarding Mercy dies down a bit, so they can set about un-dumpstering her in a later patch. Like Ryto said in Mercy will get her own patch, any change to Mercy in the patch notes, regardless of what kind of change, would’ve completely overshadowed anything else.

1 Like

i see what you mean and it makes sense. at least i hope they even bother to talk about mercy due to how popular she is in forums and lack of response about her. you know what i mean?