A list of Mei bugs

1. Cryo-Freeze doesn’t use favor-the-player unlike other invulnerability abilities in the game causing Mei to be killable in her Iceblock.

There is already a thread about this problem on the forums which contains more videos.

[Still in the game] Mei can be pulled out of Cry-Freeze by Roadhog's hook

Video proof:

2. The ultimate can get stuck and delayed.

3. Freeze particles can go through ALL walls and is visible to all players (tested with another player).

4. Wall placement isn’t always correct.

5. Getting teleported around the map when you go up on a Ice-wall.

6. Mei’s ultimate effect gets cancelled by FRIENDLY Reinhardt shatter.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/889gh1/meis_ultimate_effect_gets_cancelled_by_friendly/

Please take a look at some of these bugs. Mei is a fun character to play, but these bugs are somewhat annoying to deal with.

Also, to the players saying that the disappearing ultimate is a bug as well, it isn’t. It’s latency. You can read more about this here:

4 Likes

I can speak to cry freeze not working for me despite hitting shift some times… It is annoying but I cannot help but wonder if it is a intended weakness of her’s to have some counters to her stall.

As for her ultimate getting stuck I have to ask. Did you time it to determine if it was indeed stalled? Because it looked like the same cast time to me with the animation just being weird.

Freeze particles through walls I do not see coming into play all that often. Nice to fix but does not need to be rushed.

Wall placement…
My god it hurts sometimes.

Never experienced teleporting but should be fixed to prevent exploits.

and finally. I had no clue the Reinshatter bug existed. However, it does explain some interactions I have had where I could have sworn I captured five people in my blizzard but three escaped…

broken promises…sigh, that was in february, so much for soon.

It isn’t and they just never fixed it even after saying they would.

They said they’d fix it about 8 months ago…

None of the hero abilities uses favor the shooter. It only works for attacks.

What I think they meant with fixing, is not having the ability on cooldown anymore if Mei was getting hooked out of Cryo-Freeze.
This doesn’t happen anymore, but getting hooked out of it still happens though.

I can’t record a better video right now, but I believe the ultimate does get stuck sometimes causing it to be delayed.

Really?
I encounter it rarely.

Please read again.

I said favor-the-player and not favor-the-player.

Some abilities are intended to not use favor-the-shooter. Genji’s dash, Travers blink and Reaper’s Wraith Form are some examples of this.

Finally, there are a handful of videos in this thread that demonstrate some of the deliberate trade-offs we made against our “Favor the Shooter” philosophy. Any shot mispredicted against a dashing Genji, Mercy, Tracer or Doomfist is deliberate. A handful of other abilities exhibit this behavior as well (Winston/Pharah Leap, Sombra translocate, etc.) We have rules in place where we will not favor the shooter if your target executes one of these maneuvers. This is a trade-off that we have made to accommodate the realities of the internet.

Yeah but i wonder why they would just fix one known mei bug yet let the other exist for 8 months when they also have a solution to it such as making cryo-freeze favor the defender, 8 months and not fixing a known bug is kinda ridiculous.

I even tested other invulnerability abilities on a Ping of 300ms.

Reapers Wraith Form and Moira’s fade are the least affected by latency. Mei’s Cryo-Freeze is a guaranteed cancelation on a high ping.

I could try recording this when I have the chance again.

2 Likes

Tracer has similar problems as Mei. You get pulled out of recall and blinks because of the stupid Favor the shooter mechanic they added to the game. It’s really bad with Tracer because when she blinks, there’s actually two Tracers for a breif second. It feels bad when I get slept or flashed and the game forces me back from my new blink position.

Which makes me wonder.

Does stuns have a higher netcode priority than invulnerability abilities and mobility abilities?

I think it’s just the Favor the Shooter rule the game runs on. The game will favor the Mccree flashbang or Ana sleepdart on a Tracer player because they are the ones “shooting”. But this makes it so the Tracer player can be cheated out of their blink or recall even though the got it off.
Edit: Then on top of that you have png which is just another variable that affects the games decision on whether something should hit or not.

1 Like