A Continuation Of Stealing From Other Games

Game of Thrones
Conan the Barbarian
Tabletop D&D

Lovecraft probably since you know
Thats what bloodborne is based on

Pretty much anything that has dragons in it goes back to D&D or lovecraft. I donā€™t think it can go back farther lol

I mean, dragons can go back into european and chinese mythology

Youā€™re assuming and that ainā€™t a healthy habit.

As i mentioned, i do not only practice Kendo. I have spent my life practicing many weapon forms and martial arts.

Kendo is not a single style. As for itā€™s philosophy, do you even know why Kendo was born? It was because the samurai wanted to practice their swords skills against fellow samurai but safely, so they invented the MEN, DO, KOTE and Shinai. The philosophy is that challenging and conquering the ego creates mushin, which basically mean a hightened state of mind, an altered consciousness. This is true for a lot of martial arts, not just Kendo.

Modern Kendo isnā€™t the same as traditional Kendo (Pre 1868) which the Samurai used. It has been stripped down quite a bit for competitive and educational purposes in modern times. Modern Kendo became a sport after WWII which is when it was streamlined even more. In the old days, even leg sweeps were allowed. Today, you get DQā€™ed if you do.

I practice traditional Kendo i might add, which involves more than the 3 typical styles of modern Kendo.

In sword fighting, there is no ā€˜infiniteā€™ ways to use a blade. There is a finite way to swing and stab with a blade. There are many ways and many, many different sword fighting techniques from all over the world, but still it is finite. Thatā€™s what iā€™m pointing out here.

Thatā€™s in a competitive setting for the most part, especially when doing a Kata.

But that goes for most martial arts in a competitive setting. There are always strict rules when competing, which is also why thereā€™s no Wing-chung/Jeet Kune Do in MMA for example. MMA isnā€™t one martial art nor is it a distinct style, hence itā€™s called Mixed Martial Arts where youā€™ve got one arts combined with another.

Again, no. Just like with a sword, there will always be a set amount of ways to hit punch and kick. Why? Because humans have joints and limits as to how we can twist, turn and bend our limbs.

Now, you assumed that i have only done Kendoā€¦ Let me give you a small rundown of what iā€™ve been doing for years to keep you from assuming any further.

Japanese martial arts is only, as with other martial arts, strict when it comes to competition or the competitive aspects of it. This is also why a lot of people tend to think that x martial arts is useless for defense outside of competition, which is wrong for a lot of martial arts.

Iā€™ve competed in Tae Kwon Do, Kyokushin FC Karate (1995-2000) and Kick-boxing. Iā€™ve been practicing Wing-chung (including weapons training) and Jeet Kune Do and other Chinese martial arts, for well over two decades, however my main focuses have been Tae Kwon Do, Karate and Jeet Kune Do outside of Kendo and other weapon forms. What can i sayā€¦ I like to keep my body and mind in shape, whic is also why i donā€™t consume alcohol!

You cannot, and should never compare these martial arts to Kendo or plain sword fighting, because the motions of your hands, legs and hips are completely different first of all. Second is the fact that even though some traditional fighting styles incorporates weapons, most of them have very distinct styles and some styles donā€™t even use swords, but rather halberds/glaives, poles, katars, maces, flails and more. Still, the techniques are still going to be limited by the human body and the limits of our limbs, which is why there will always be a finite way to fight with both hands, feet and weapons.

Let me also add that most martial arts are derived from Japanese/Chinese/Korean martial arts. I said most, not all mind you. Capoeira was actually developed by slaves as a martial art disguised as a dance to fool their slave masters.

Right. Thatā€™s gonna be the end of my derailing, but just wanted to add some facts to my original reply.

I wasnā€™t planning on going into a deep dive here, though, but you might want to take whatā€™s being said here as a lesson.

True, but thereā€™s still a finite ways to use a sword. Most of which are ineffective and serves no purpose other than making it look good.

Imagine if it was, and someone said 'There are infinite ways to fire a gun!" :rofl:

Dragons is a part of more than European and Chinese mythology, though. :wink:

true, they are just the 2 that I know the most about

Yeah they are the two most known as well, though!

Not a lot of people outside of Asia knows about the Japanese dragon (Nihon no RyĆ») which is a symbol of strength and power and have been honored in all of Japan for centuries.

Itā€™s a diverse list, though, but i had a fun time learning about it when i was there with my Sensei many many years ago.

Itā€™s vastly different from the European dragons thatā€™s for sure. :smiley:

Letā€™s not even look at all the Vergil references. :stuck_out_tongue:

When was the last time anything was ever original?

CHALLANGE ACCEPTED:

non cheating, none game mode specific, infra sight (widowā€™s ult)

non cheating, none aim assist, visor (soldier ult)

jagged blade (junker queen)

cross fade (lucio heal/speed aura)

scatter arrow (hanzo removed ability)

moira orb (heal or damage)

Easy. TF ult from league

Any scanners from SW RPG

Jedi senses from Star Warsā€¦

Katā€™s spin to win in league

Star Wars personal targeting computers

ZF-1 Rifle from 5th elemnt

Thresh hook from league

Jedi using a saber throwā€¦

Sonaā€™s base kit from league

shrapnel granade from any franchise really

Terraā€™s orb from dauntlessā€¦

Oh, and notice I said, ā€œfranchiseā€ not ā€œgameā€ so you calling for ā€œno cheatingā€ is a bit disingenuous since you try to spin it in to gaming industry only. And that is not what I said originally.

this one is not walls hacks, though you got other two so whatever.

technically this is roadhog, though you got another anyway.

im giving this one on technicality, as it is an aura and she can change it.

not the same thing, but ok.

and no, dauntless came out 2019 moira was released 2017, making dauntless the copy not moira orb.

i specified not cheating as those can be and have been done with cheating in games, and i dont think that cheating in games should count. also there are game modes in halo where after a certain period of time you can see your opponents through wall. I would accept non game options, even though the original topic was games copying other games.

Itā€™s a modern sports derivative of Kenjutsu, the same way Judo is the modern sports derivative of Jujutsu. The latter two being the more ancient military styles.

Youā€™re strawmanning me. I never said anything about rules. I said strictness when performing a technique (instructions if you will). Iā€™m not at all talking about competitive rules.

Thereā€™s more strictness in Japanese schools when theyā€™re instructing you how to perform a certain technique than for something like Capoeira. Itā€™s more like guidelines in Capoeira. Music is heavily involved when learning Capoeira, and your personality and ā€œdanceā€ uniquely responds to it.

Regardless, you can go to a ā€œsingleā€ MMA class and their guidlines for teaching you will be a bit more loose than most Japanese Martial Arts classes.

Again, yes. People have body language, and thatā€™s determined largely by personality and mood. And since no two people on the planet have the exact same personality, no two people have the exact same body language. Everyone in the world moves ever so slightly differently from everyone else. And your body language invariably feeds into the way you throw a punch or swing a sword.

Do you watch perfessional fighters? Why is it that no one else fights exactly like Conor MgGregor? He has a very distinguished recognizable style. He has his signature left punch. Why is it that no one else throws it quite like him, even though itā€™s just a left punch? You donā€™t think his very personality is utterly imbued into his left punch? No one else has his personality, so no one else will throw it exactly like him.

Same with Mike Tyson. Same with Floyd Mayweather. Same with Muhammed Ali. They all have distinguished peculiar ways they move and fight. I know Iā€™m sort of naming legends here, but even more unknown professional fighters. They all move a unique way if you study and analyse them enough. They all have their personality infused into the way they fight. How couldnā€™t they? You canā€™t avoid putting your unique thought process into the way you fight.

I kind of donā€™t care. No offense.

But thatā€™s quite literally the point of my comparison. The fact that they are completely different. How can two different systems of martial arts be completely different if there are only a finite ways of movement?

Youā€™re proving my point.

That isnā€™t really true. Itā€™s just most ancient martial arts that still have surviving written documentation happen to be from Asia. Europe had a plethora of medieval and ancient forms of martial arts thatā€™s mostly just been lost with time. Africa had quite a fair share too (In fact, Capoeira descends from Engolo). Virtually any civilization that has any history engaging in war had either some form of formalized combat, or a more loosely defined philosophy of combat.

And nearly all Japanese/Chinese/Korean styles are derived from Indian martial arts (Kalaripayattu to be more specific). Shaolin Kung Fu is a direct descendent of Kalaripayattu.

Thanks for telling me what I already know. I did this for 4 years and you somehow still felt the need to tell me this.

I mean, again, your body language (determined by personality) is gonna feed into the way you hold the gun. Itā€™s going to feed into the minutia of your posture, the hesitancy (or lack there of) of the moments before you discharge, the subtlety of your balance, your breathing, and the subtly of how your arm responds to the weight of the gun.

the yakuza fanbase says otherwise

Same mechanicsā€¦ You see enemies you are not supposed to seeā€¦

Roadhog is blitz hookā€¦

same thing in principle. Create ton of srapnel in an area

OK, I did not remembered thatā€¦

So healing totems from WoWā€¦ Same thing, an object that heals is AoE around them.

Sorceress from D2 and her frozen orb as a damage orb that travels and hits things in AoE around itself.

You really do not have to look far to find ā€œsimilar things that got stolen from somewhere elseā€.

Yes it shouldnā€™t. It was obvious to me that we are not talking about cheats.

I jumped to a conclusion, I apologize. I shouldnā€™t have. I am sorry.

I did not know thatā€¦ But I did not play halo (-;

Deep Rock Galactic has had elevator plants for some time.

well yah.

iā€™ll give it to you if it did it on contact with environment

do healing totems move? if not it is the tree of lifeweaver and soldier heal.

ok, this one works, a little more polished and consistent in ow but that is not what is being judged.

no need to apologize we both were trying to be clear. all good.

it is like the end of 1v1 or 3v3 where there is a point in ow, if you dont claim the point for enough time the you see your opponent through walls.

how about gravitic flux, and i mean lift drop not like just pick up and toss like telekinesis.

iā€™ll see if can think of any other hard ones.

Nier Automata is such an incredible game. 2Bā€™s movement is stylish, fluid, and beautiful.

1 Like

Same principal. Object that heal in a AoEā€¦

Just like healing trucks from ArmyMan RTS.

I didnā€™t mean the ability/thing will be exactly the same. I meant it will be the same type of mechanics.

Evieā€™s reverse gravity from Vindictus

Well, maybe there are ones that are truly original, but I doubt that ^^

Anyone can steal whatever they want from genshin impact and i wonā€™t bat an eyelash tbh