A Brigitte remove could revive Overwatch

its by no means perfect to balance around the 1%, but they learned not to ONLY balance around the 1%. If we focused around lower tiers only, a ton of characters that dont need nerfs would be gutted anda ton of characters that dont need buffs would be buffed.

2 Likes

I think you’d still find a reasonable amount of people who think she was. There was/is a pretty big anti-dive contingent. I personally loved dive and it made me sad to see it hard countered so easily.

That said, the group of people who think she was a bad addition and the people who would actually want her removed wouldn’t align completely. Lots of people may think she needs to be nerfed yet not necessarily gone entirely.

Why? Are people at the top better at deciding what is fun for the majority than they are themselves?

The primary goal is to maximize fun, not competition. So rank doesn’t come into it.

If people want to get super serial about the game, that’s their bag… but it’s not why most people play.

Only One support can Counter Tracer
Only three DPS cant counter Brigitte

yeah, Lets Nerf Brigitte
/s

this game is a competitive game, the reason most play is to get better and get to the top, only a small portion actually play just for fun.

and yes, pros/gms/top500 do know the game more than lower ranks

1 Like

A lot of people who hated dive, hate the current game even more… the grass isn’t always greener.

“i play genji and tracer and still haven’t adjusted”

2 Likes

They aren’t better at deciding what is fun, but they are better at deciding what is balanced. And ultimately having heroes balanced and not broken is what makes the game fun.

If you balanced around gold where most people sit, even at diamond a lot of heroes would be laughably OP or UP. If you balance near the top with consideration for lower tiers then you have a much more balanced game overall.

So, in my opinion, if you balance around Gold you’d have a much less enjoyable game overall. And I’m not by any means at the top of the ladder. I’m lower ranked.

1 Like

It is if that’s how you want to play… most people just want to have fun.

I definitely agree with this. Be careful what you ask for. You might get it.

if you think people in plat or lower are there to have fun, lmao, almost no one plays competitive for fun, they play it to get better and better

Overwatch’s downfall was September last year, the Mercy rework.
If they reverted to a balance state before then then god yes please.

The only good thing that they’ve done since then is add Moira lol

and as lumin said, the high tiers are way better at knowing whats balanced then lower ranks.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ve really thought about that at all. Why would balancing the game around what the majority of people find fun result in less fun than balancing around what the top 1% believe is balanced?

tbh i decayed my account to 3k because my friends are there so i have more fun at that rank

yeah but they arent wrong

Because if you balanced for optimal “fun” which is super subjective and people are going to disagree heavily on, say around Gold, then people at Diamond+ won’t be having any fun because the game would be horribly broken.

What is fun anyway? Take 10 people in gold and ask them about how they want the game balanced and you’ll have 10 different answers. Take 10 people at GM and ask them how the game should be balanced and you’d probably have 2 answers.

1 Like

You realize that a game can be perfectly balanced and no fun at all, right?

too real, get off the forums

1 Like

Most play comp only because QP is a swamp where no one even tries to win a match.