90% of full hold on first points involve a Mercy

I don’t want to hear about how Mercy has no impact when 6v5s that should lead to you taking a point turn back into 6v6s. If you don’t understand the difference between how important a 6v6 is instead of a 6v5 you probably shouldn’t be talking about game balance.

22 Likes

I dont understand how people can state, though the truth is obvious, that Mercy has no impact, or some version thereof

But I hear this and many other non-factual statements about her made with great frequency in these forums

24 Likes

In my experience its more like 60%. More importantly first point holds are really rare.
Really like mercy atm,she was never more balanced imo.

2 Likes

Mercy isn’t entirely godlike anymore, so there are complaints.

11 Likes

So? Mercy can undo mistakes and getting pick is CRUCIAL in getting the first point. Since she can undo them then she’s going to be good on the first point

4 Likes

I have to shout at my team to focus the Mercy. I continually tell them that NOTHING matters until Mercy is dead. Over the course of most matches, rez has more impact than ults!

12 Likes

interestingly, there are those who state that because “Mercy has no impact”, they ignore her in games, shooting at her only when there is no one else left to shoot at.

1 Like

Rez is good to help stop a snowball effect, every 30 secs, if it’s a choke battle of poking. But if the enemy team is pushing in and an actual fight occurs, the chances of getting a suicidal Rez are enormous and her heals aren’t enough to make up for no Rez being done.

It’s the stickiness of having such a powerful ability on E. If she’s using it, she’s decently impactful, but if she’s not, her healing is underwhelming

25 Likes

I and many others find Mercy’s healing to be strong and steady

1 Like

Steady I’ll agree with, but compared to what other support can provide? It’s underwhelming.
50hps isn’t horrible when you take into account her having rezzes being popped, but otherwise it’s “meh”

Ana: 93hp
Moira: 80hps

19 Likes

But keep in mind that the moment I focus an Ana or Moira, that healing number turns to 0 HPS, whereas Mercy can heal and evade simultaneously.

4 Likes

Mercy won’t be able to hold any first point when the ulti spam starts lol.

12 Likes

Steady I can agree with, but if I wanted strong heals I would definitely choose Moira or Ana over Mercy. It’s not that Mercy isn’t strong, I just don’t see her a “strong” healer, just consistent.

3 Likes

True if the target she GAs to isn’t too far out of range(which wouldn’t be very safe if you’re being focused)

As well Ana isn’t typically gonna be right in the middle of the fight like mercy has to be

Moira and Ana (in particular) can miss with their healing

Mercy rarely if ever misses with healing

Moira has a limited resource of healing and have to stop healing to refill resource

Mercy does not need to pause healing at all, as it is unlimited

Ana has to reload and does not have the mobility to keep up with all of her teammates who may need healing

Mercy does not need to reload and has sufficient mobility to keep up with all of her teammates

Bottom line is Mercy’s healing can be applied where it is needed more readily than the other two, and as such, the single second rate comparison really doesnt apply much in real matches unless you factor in the number of seconds where Ana and Moira heal 0 while Mercy continues to heal 50

You just made that statistic up.

16 Likes

Ana has way more utility to provide for a team as well though, she can incredibly boost heals for multiple targets and/or negate ALL healing on multiple allies. Not to mention her sleep dart leaving a target stunned for 5 secs

Moira has a great mobility button and huge amounts of healing, especially when Primary fire is combined with her orb(140hps). As well, she can also heal whilst using her damage orb AND heal multiple targets with 80hps.
Mercy can ONLY heal one target at a time

5 Likes

we were/are talking about healing, not utility

but I’d argue that Mercy’s utility is the strongest in the game

I like and play Moira a lot

however

she misses, even at the pro level

she runs out of resource, and then has to stop healing despite her team’s need for it in order to refill her resources

In my experience, it is rare to get 2 teammates to line up so that she can heal them both at the same time. More than two is rare in the extreme.

She lacks the ability to easily get to vertical teammates or to get to teammates that are well spread apart

All of these things limit her real healing in an actual match, despite her optimal HPs/s number being much higher

We were talking about healing, but loss
Of healing(as you mentioned) can be made
Up easily by the utility they provide.

Mercy’s “utility”(ult) on E, Rez, is strong when successful but is also the one thing making her extremely hard to balance around

2 Likes

I don’t understand how you are judging other people’s opinions on Mercy as “non-factual”, when factually, you don’t have any experience playing the hero either?

4 Likes