Director’s Take – The next chapter in the story

Director’s Take – The next chapter in the story

Overwatch 2 Creative Director Jeff Chamberlain shares what is coming up for Overwatch's story and how it is moving forward.

View Full Article

10 Likes

I’m so hyped for this new chapter!

It’s great to see the lore progressing in Overwatch.

Do you have any plans to eventually bring back “Overwatch 1” as a separate client so that we can go back and enjoy it from time to time?

That would make me and I think a lot of other people very happy. I would love to swap between OW1/OW2 at will. Both have their own unique points.

5 Likes

Yeah, cool, I don’t care, where’s hero missions and talent trees, the replayable stuff I actually wanted?

46 Likes

Upper management pocketed the budget for all those things.

14 Likes

as PVE was cancelled we don’t care about that, just fix the matchmaking

10 Likes

Upper management pocketed the budget for matchmaking too.

13 Likes

Well, more story is nice. Shame it looks like it will only be coming in small annual doses.

2 Likes

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Oh…

25 Likes

Release pink mercy for $100 in the shop

2 Likes

Lame director’s take (the ones talking are not even the game director) as usual. There’s no such thing as “going forward”. The lore essentially 1 step forward 9 steps back.

2 Likes

Ok, it’s nice to do a lore… but I wish there were finally some more specific chronological details. Since OW2 was released there has been a lot of neglecting the date factor of when events happen, especially by eliminating birthdates in biographies.

4 Likes

I was going to say they found new Jeff for people to gosh over

“We have Jeff at home.”

5 Likes

Considering Overwatch is mentioned as a “future Earth,” I have to ask, “How did we crack magic in roughly half a century (assuming the notion of Overwatch being in the 2070s is correct)?”

1 Like

Huh what’s this let’s take a look

1 Like

But it wasn’t cancelled… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Lore? OW has lore now?

yeah they hired this person named michael chu back then

There is no shortage of Jeffs that work for Blizzard.

1 Like

I like to think that Micheal Chu spent all his time writing some fanfiction that Jeff liked so much that he stuck it on the break room fridge and that’s where it’s stayed.

2 Likes