70% of Tank Players Are Priority People And Its Ruining Games

That’s such a sorry excuse.

“It’ll fix eventually” NO.

It shouldn’t be a problem IN THE FIRST PLACE.

ESPECIALLY when blizzard ADMITS they know it’s happening yet do nothing about it.

That’s just so sorry.

1 Like

That’s a pretty small sample size honestly. Considering Ball is good and many of the other tanks are bad, it’s not even surprising you would see great success in the short term.

Four of our eight tanks are very tough to use right now, and two more of them Hammond is very good against. It just leaves Hammond and Hog as the good tanks, and then Sigma is good against Hog and not terrible against Hammond so he just kinda steps in.

Eh, regardless how you feel about it, the problem will fix itself eventually

its not just tanks…

everyone is doing that

i am having matches with top 500 players mixed with diamonds… wtf is going on with matchmaking blizzard?

learning new heroes in QP is a fool’s errand. The best way to learn a new hero is in comp.

Of course, only after you use QP to learn the very, very basics.

But still…people are going to be learning new heroes as they flex for tickets. Deal with it.

If 70% of the people queuing thru flex system are going into the tank role, that speaks of a bigger problem than that the people filling those roles are bad at them.

It says that in most games, people don’t want to tank.

Which makes me think Blizzard needs to rethink their priorities in making so many characters DPS that the people who would want to tank (or play support) choose not to because

• they become bored
  • there aren’t enough options to suit their playstyle
  • they can’t figure out an optimal option to flex to when they hit a hard or soft counters
1 Like

70% OF TANK PLAYERS ARE PRIORITY PEOPLE?

Hot damn that means it is working.

Yes, it will kill the game, eventually in it’s own way, but it has brought Blizzard some time.

It is a shame they won’t use it.

Yes. That is the biggest problem Overwatch has right now. Role population differences are getting worse, and that is the biggest threat the game could get.

1 Like

i just want my 5-10 minute queue times and non-crappy matches back

not 3000 SR with 4500 SR auto loss games because of this crappy pass system

Yep, and the fact that they keep releasing new characters as DPS, fully knowing that people expect them to be tanks (Doom) and heals (Echo) and then never rework them leads to those who do like filling those roles getting annoyed (insult to injury sucks) and finding other games.

It’s okay.

Tanks got their doomfist in hammond anyway.

I mean, I guess… if they want their players who play tanks and heals to be off playing Maneater or Ghost of Tsushima or Red Dead Redemption 2… if that is their purpose, then they’re doing a great job of keeping someone happy. But I don’t know who…

1 Like

The thing is, take, priqueue - it IS working, we have shorter DPS queue times now.

It was at an expense of game quality.

Now… the Tanks/Supports have no upside to this, they were fast queue already, but they were already having people leave faster than DPS, which is how we got priqueues anyway.

So, given Priqueue only makes the game worse for the majority Tank/Support Mains they will leave slightly faster now. I mean, not only did it not fix anything, but they rely of the other players in those roles more than the DPS does.

More inconsistent Tank / Support players, make tanking and supporting worse, since you NEED your partners in the game to work.

For DPS it was mostly upside, they now have faster queue times, yes, they have to suffer though Tank and Support a little, but that isn’t huge, since it isn’t game after game after game for them.

So we speed up the loss of Tank / Supports with PriQueue which is the very roles we can’t afford to lose more players out of, and we slow down the loss of players in the DPS role.

The playerbase will become more lopsided faster from there.

Which means Blizzard will have to put in more and more systems to make up for it.

Which will make the problem worse every time.

This is how overwatch ends, by losing the parts of the player base it can least afford to lose.

I am sure Overwatch 2, will get some players back, but to what?

Yeah, this role side difference is going to kill it.

1 Like

They have to learn somehow, they should make mistakes and learn. A reset would be nice but if they are playing outside of their rank it wont take long for them to drop down.

balls problem is that he is feast or famine. He is the new pharah. You either counter him or he makes your life hell. It’s a bad hero design as far as I am concerned.

Funny thing is people even rage at you for playing Ball in QP unless you are already an expert.

“You should learn in arcade!”

“You should learn in the training range!”

“You should learn in a custom game!”

“You should learn in vs AI!”

These comments (all of which I have received) are so garbage. Mostly said by people who claim ranked is “too toxic” but then bring the exact same behaviour to the mode which is supposed to be casual.

There is a difference in learning and in going to roll around just to get passes.
Combine low rank clueless gameplay(no idea how teamwork works) with tank that in their eyes only rolls around, and you get a tank that pushes ulting enemy Reinhardt through you team sheld (sigma/rein). If this isn’t a recipe for lost match then I don’t know what is.
It’s so bad amt that if I see ball player I simply assume s/he is a thrower, and untill he gets at least one good play in match I’m going to report him/her at the end of the match.

I’d rather have 1-5 minute ques with flex player Tanks than have to wait through 10-15 minute ques.

Before the Priority Pass system, a really huge problem was uneven matchmaking. Throwing Masters into Diamons/Plat lobbies. Throwing Golds into Diamond/Masters lobbies.

While this problem still exists, it just goes to show that the current population is not only too low to simply populate the game for short ques, but it’s also too low to consistently make even matchmaking.

You really shouldnt take matchmaking seriously till OW2.

Welp, the system for sure showed how match making is bad in this game, what was clear to me from start, but now seems to be more visible problem.

I highly doubt those people are even competent on dps, cuz hog basically plays like dps half of the time.

The problem will not fix itself, that is so far beyond naive broseph. The problem will require blizzard to either make changes, or better yet, remove it entirely.