70% of Tank Players Are Priority People And Its Ruining Games

It’s starting to get infuriating how many tank players are literally just DPS / Support players who get tossed into tank because of the flex Q. They have not a clue what to do on tank and it actually ruins the games SIGNIFICANTLY.

This system, of people being grandfathered into ranks, then having to play before they drop is ridiculous. SOFT RESET their rank, instead of forcing them to play in higher end games and just hard throwing for everyone else.

31 Likes

That should have been the first thing to do after releasing the system.

the dps probably still wouldn’t care about their tank ran but at least won’t be running games for others.

7 Likes

I mean they’ve done next to nothing to encourage people to actually play tank for real, so is this really a surprise to anyone?

32 Likes

I’d honestly rather have 10 minute Q’s, then have to deal with people who don’t know how to play tank.

12 Likes

Yeah this is fair, same is true of supports though. The kind view to take is to give them time to get to the right rank, but as a flex player currently there are no categories I can play and rely on the others to do their job :joy:

1 Like

i take offense to this as a one trick mccree main playing rein > : (

1 Like

I hope to god you’re kidding.

oh god i am LOL. i main tank and i do see people just feed as piggy or rein all the time.

This system at least to me has been a disaster.

4 Likes

Does the priority pass even work?
When I use it its still take over 5 minutes to find match as DPS in QP.

3 Likes

the archetype of “Tank” will always be a problem in every game its in. blizzard should know since world of warcraft lol. a lot of problems with tanks there too

unless its a real tank ironclad with a big GUN that goes boom and kills everyone in the room w/o impunity and never gets hurt then yea people wont play them. they’ll play the damage dealing guys

Who knows. All I know is people who Q up for the flex queue, ruin games.

2 Likes

Soft reset won’t change anything and prob be more chaotic.

2 Likes

But allowing players to play in a rank they obviously don’t belong in to ruin the games and SR of others is somehow better?

My honest advice: Start stacking or quit the game until the summer comes. Almost the entire playerbase’s MMRs won’t be settled appropriately until around that time and it’s going to be like this at least until then

DPS can still DPS on tank if they play Roadhog or Wrecking Ball.

That’s not playing how a tank should though.

Playing a tank like a DPS won’t get you anywhere and you’ll still lose. You have to play a tank, like a TANK and actually make space for your team.

2 Likes

How is this supposed to help?
Instead of just the people who didn’t touch Tanks in ages you would have nearly everyone playing in a rank they don’t belong to.

If I remember correctly they accidentally did this during the RQ Beta and it was a complete disaster.

So you soft reset roles that people haven’t touched in ages???

My issue is I am WAY more likely to win as tank… By stealing Wrecking Ball. Dps mains that think they understand Ball when they can’t even play Hog is about the worst thing you can get as a teammate. I hate priority pass.