6v6 failed because of the devs

The reason for 6v6 being removed is because tank players were leaving but when you put a game on the back burner in one of the worse most boring metas for tank players of course the tank players are going people not want to play tank. 6v6 role queue was never even given a chance to work before they left the game to make pve sorry i mean a new predatory shop and battle pass.

62 Likes

Iirc they did say balancing 6v6 role queue is beyond their capability and it also limits their creativity with new heroes.

One person in the forum doesnt believe me though.

1 Like

They never tried to balance in 6v6 RQ. If they did something as simple as reworking Orisa or Sig to remove one of their shields, we would have been happy.

Instead they just stopped working on the game.

26 Likes

When did they say this and im sorry how is 6v6 limiting their creativity i think 5v5 does that way more with tanks

5v5 is beyond their capabilities as well so thats a bad argument from them

10 Likes

Maybe it’s one of the excuses to move to 5v5, but i think they said it when 5v5 was announced.

In 6v6 tank synergies were too hard to balance without nerfing individual Tanks and make them unfun to play outside of having a coordinating partner. A lot of Tank players left because Tanks got nerfed patch after patch.

At least in 5v5 their solution is just buffing Tanks into bosses whenever Tanks complain.

they should reworked orisa/sigma and some supports.

And then comes Ram, Mauga, Queen, ect. Players will always find some combination of Tanks to break the game. And then Tank players will get mad because their main got nerfed/reworked because of that “other Tank”

Having too few tank players was always a problem in OW1 since launch. It’s role queue that really highlighted the issue by requiring two tanks on every team.

I still think RQ was a mistake, but it’s what the community asked for. Having 2 tanks per team can’t work in this game. It’s RQ that’s the problem, not 5v5 or the devs.

3 Likes

“limits creativity” when you remove interactions like Rein charge + Zarya bubble,

such creativity bottleneck, my my,

raidboss is much better amirite guys?

6v6 role queue was given a chance,

6v6 role queue worked,

6v6 role queue had low DPS Q times,

6v6 role queue was initially complained about due to not being able to swap, but then people adapted,

and once again for all the PTSD driven people,

6v6 role queue had low DPS Q times,

• the reason DPS Q times were long, is when the playerbase was leaving due to game resting on a backburner as was said, players left, tanks left, ratio of Tank:Dps didn’t change, so when the game started receiving updates the recovery was to be slow unless the playerbase was regained

• 5v5 was a bandaid fix to Q times

• the reason why 5v5 worked to fix the Q times is because it was released at the same time the game went F2P

• wow there’s more players playing, I wonder if it’s because of 5v5

• no it’s because you can press button and the game starts to download, no payment needed

• OW F2P didn’t attract many players? let me ask for the Overwatch alternatives, that’s right, you had nothing, nothing and then nothing

• unique game going F2P? what? that will surely not attract new player masses, ain’t no way…

• unique game going F2P? what? that will surely not attract new player masses, ain’t no way…

remember when CS:GO, PUBG, Rocket League were pay to play but became Free to play?

they should have managed their multiplayer game like any other decent company/corporation

2 Likes

Zarya can still bubble her team.

And i hate fighting against raidboss. But according to forum raidboss is someone who needs 20+ people to take down, so whatever we have now is just miniboss.

1 Like

How? Double shield was the only problem people had, and that was specifically an Orisa/Sig issue.

1 Like

actually, 6v6 didnt fail

6v6 was a huge game of the year success

what failed was 222, just as 122 is imo failing now

5 Likes

New toxic combo will always emerge. Double shields was just the first symptom

That goty version of OW would be considered a laughing stock with current player base.

It had McCree rolling around deleting Tanks with flash+fan combo, and supports with zero answer against Tracer, Genji.

Oh and Hog could hook you through the multiverse.

3 Likes

So are you saying we don’t ever change tanks because specific tanks might come up that need adjustment?

By that logic, we should remove tracer and sojourn from the game, given how toxic they are to the game right now

1 Like

6v6 was a success, not a failure as the op claimed it was

They, not me, dont want to spend time and resources to fix the dumbster fire.

It was a success at the time, but it couldnt last long. We still play it here but players fr other countries dropped the game after only a year or two.

2 Likes

Failing to see a point here, its just kind of obvious.

They changed to 5s because that is what the devs wanted. Is this thread meant to add anything to that? Its pretty clear already

not a charging rein, not

scale depends on game’s aspects, Tank can be raidboss if 2 people aren’t enough to stop them, especially if those 2 people don’t make many mistakes,

222 worked for a considerable amount of time, and for a considerable amount of time it had low DPS Q times, as I said earlier

it’s the PTSD crybabies who make it sound like DPS always had 30hour Q times since it’s release

3 Likes