(Official) Mccree's new name is Cole Cassidy

Good thing its not Cassidy Cole, then he would be an XXX star.

Change his belt from BAMF to BTK

Perfection Achieved

1 Like

Definitely sounds very…stunning and brave.

“That is a terrible name for a cowboy!”

Also why not Joel?
It would have went so well with the Sombra interaction :worried:

4 Likes

I’m actually really shocked they didn’t do it. I would have actually bet money on it.

3 Likes

Now I have to ask if this was intentional.

48 Likes

I was actually completely against the name change, but the name isn’t bad. I’m sure it’ll grow on me more.

I hope the Ash and Coal thing was intentional, it’s pretty clever

Also making his initials “C.C” was… a design choice.

4 Likes

Blizzard BETTER have done their homework and made sure Butch Cassidy was “only a rampaging killer”, things like - that - aren’t casually mentioned by wild west tour guides.

2 Likes

This is great. Okay, I’m here for the Cole puns.

3 Likes

I don’t mind it actually, it’s a good name for a cowboy. At least it’s not Clint Bronson or something.

He’s now between Doom and Bastion in the hero select screen.

Yeah, Mozart’s sidekick, right?

Oof, that’s going to throw so many people off

I don’t think the name is that bad. Also Cole puns and the ash and coal play on words.

3 Likes

No he would be between brig and dva

I actually kinda like Cole Cassidy. I think it’ll stick just fine a few months after it launches when we get used to it. Good job team for finding a suitable name that flows, references his original references (what a mouthful- I mean is a cowboy name based in the real world) and is not too disimilar to his old cowboy name.

Anyways, nerf Cole Cassidy

5 Likes

Gonna start writing a fic based on this can you help me mindmap a plot concept BC this is fire
Geddit

1 Like

In game is what I meant. Keyword: select screen

That’s because it IS already the name of a cowboy.

A real cowboy who killed people when the whole reason they’re renaming McCree is the character is named after a real person who did bad things.

And his initials are “CC”.

I’m shocked at how poorly thought out this all is, how could they not come up with an entirely original cowboy name?

2 Likes

Idk about me tho, since I have played for years, switching from Mccree will take a long while