500 days since Bastion's nerf

If they had stopped at the Recon, transform, and repair buffs, we would have a perfect Bastion. He still probably wouldn’t have the pickrates of the other DPS, but at least he’d be useful. He probably would have been a pretty decent dive counter too… He could easily kill the dive tanks, pretty much killing the push before it started. The flankers would be somewhat annoying, but his teammates could help deal with that…

1 Like

Why didn’t they just revert the giant mess that made him the way he is now and start from there? Why did they have to nerf was was obviously such a ridiculous change? It should have just been reverted.

Blizzard refuses to admit mistakes, so here we are.

2 Likes

I think if they were to do Bastion’s rework now instead of a year and a half ago, they probably would have been more willing to revert it. They do seem to be more willing to make changes based on community feedback now than they were back then…

Or at the very least, I think they would be willing to take feedback and make some changes to how Ironclad worked… Quite a few people (myself included) have suggested putting Ironclad along with his self-repair instead of as a passive. So whenever he heals himself, he also gets a small damage resist. That way, they can keep Ironclad in the game, but it’s not as overbearing as it is now, and doesn’t warrant such heavy compensation nerfs…

You have a lot more faith in them than I do. lol. But it’s awful that they “fixed” him so badly and just left him to rot. Yay.

2 Likes

They did seem to listen at least somewhat well with the Sombra thing… They reverted her detection radius, and removed the smoke alarm from her translocator… Most Sombra mains that I’ve seen are asking for them to scrap it all together (minus the bug fixes and hack interupt), and if they do that, it would show that they’ve come a loooong way… I don’t think they will, they seem fairly happy with the changes, but at least they listened to a good chunk of the feedback.

1 Like

Here’s to hoping Bastion is on the horizon and they take a similar approach (except one that more people find acceptable, and find that it actually addresses his problems). I guess there is always hope.

2 Likes

are you refering to the nerf to ironclad? If so it was nerfed for obvious reasons. Dont you remember where bastion would tank like 3 people beating him on him as long as he had a pocket mercy? Come on be reasonable here that non sense was laughably broken. He was immortal for crying out loud.

Nerf it more for all I care

This character has no business existing

Do you remember that they made the ironclad change, making him OP, then immediately nerfed it after it went live, leaving him in a worse state than before the buff? I sure do. They needed to revert the first ironclad change. That is what my post was about. I am being 100% reasonable, thank you very much.

1 Like

I dont even remember any changes to bastion before that rework so i cant comment on them. I just remember the rework and his iddqd status when in sentry

Before his rework, he had bloom on his weapon, it started out fairly accurate, and grew to a 2° angle (now it’s a constant 3° angle), he could headshot in Sentry mode, he didn’t have any kind of damage resist in Sentry mode, His transformation times took an extra 0.5 seconds more than they do now (except Tank, that one didn’t change), his Tank mode gave 150 armor, his self-heal got interrupted by damage or movement, his self-heal was infinite, Recon was way less accurate, and Recon had 20 bullets instead of 25…

We want the Sentry stuff reverted. No more Ironclad, bring back spread, bring back headshots. Give Tank it’s 150 armor back. Leave everything else from the rework, it was all an actual buff…

1 Like

The “rework” made him worse in the end, so they should have just scrapped the whole thing and started over.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t know about the whole thing… the parts where they listened to what the community wanted turned out pretty good…

No, I’m talking about it’s destructive nature.

Meaning 10x more powerful and broken.

1 Like

Bastion rework did not come form the community it came from some dev’s rear-end.

Bastion Players complained about survability, there were a handful of news/n00bs that were crying about OP because they couldn’t run face to face with a firing sentry. But everyone else had figured out how to kill bastion: Peak-a-boo attacks. So in the end no one complained about Bastion’s overall fire power. But they all did agree he was super easy to take out.

All the players wanted to be able to transform faster, and repair while talking damage (on E). This would allow bastion to escape once the team would start focusing him.

The developers responded by completely castrating the sentry damage, you don’t realize this is a probably a 60% reduction in damage once you take into the account the lack of cirtical damage and huge spread. And giving rusty clad.

Who the heck pushed for this? Bastion even with 35% sucked on attack, he could just spam longer. They basically said lets take all the skill out of the hero. THEN they have the nerve to call him a tank buster! Excuse me, Old bastion could delete roadhog in 1.2 secods, Now Roadhog laughs his fatass for a solid 5 secs walking dead striaght at you, HOOK, SHOT, MELEE = dead bastion.

Bastion SHOULD be EASY TO KILL, but SHOULD ALSO EASILY KILL ENEMIES, it was just before the buff/nerf bs he was TOO EASY to kill. A small buff to his transform ability was all that was needed and a few healing assist.

They could have left recon alone, no one wants to play in that mode anyway its as usefull as naked d.va out of her mech.

1 Like

Well, I mean they also asked for a Recon buff… It was just a little too useless before his rework. I didn’t really use the forums back then, but I’ve looked back, and all people wanted was Recon buffs and healing buffs. The transform times were also a nice addition, but I don’t think anyone was really specifically asking for it.

It’s far more than 60 unfortunately… Even if you don’t include headshots (which is a 50% loss), he loses about 70% of his damage (from 450 max to roughly 135) at 35 meters… That number will change with different targets, but that was taken with a training bot, which is a rather large target.

Yes. This. He should be a glass cannon. I’ve seen a lot of “Oh you want a Bastion buff? So you want him to be unkillable and also do the best damage in the game?” No. No one wants that. We want to remove Ironclad, and make him a glass cannon again.

Maybe we should start calling it a nerf instead… that would probably get more support :thinking:

[I have idea. Making ironclad rely on pilot’s aiming skill.]
h ttps://imgur.com/pONrdMC

Not entirely sure what you’re trying to say here…? It didn’t make a picture, darn… one sec, I’ll try to fix it

1 Like

yes. But that doensn’t means 100% damage reduce.

what is going on here IRON TURDS???

1 Like