4 years in and balance is no where to be seen

This isnt balance issue. Its slow updates to the game issue. I seriously dont get why people complain about balance in OVerwatch. Balance isnt problem. Problem is stale meta, slow updates on content and heroes.

Because this is false, OW today is miles better than OW release. If you donā€™t like it go play something else.

Except this happens in every game. Devs do it to change meta. Overwatch is just too slow with updates nothing els.

Not true for OW the game has actually gotten less balanced after 2017.

1 Like

I donā€™t even know what being perfectly balanced for a game like OW should even mean? Its just such a complex system and some heros counter other heros.
Like I am just curius what people expect to happen. Is the idea that is doesnā€™t matter if I pick Bastion or Tracer as they are equaly viable? I just donā€™t see this happen as they have vastly different playstles.

TF2 is way better balanced than OW is though

I mean other than stock for Medicā€™s Primary/ Melee, Soldierā€™s melee, Pyroā€™s melee, and Heavyā€™s secondary; you can run pretty much full stock on every class and do just as well as everyone else.

yeah sounds accurate, they do seem to be trying to push strange metas, fair enough

I mean what other than Widowmaker, McCree, and Roadhog, the game back then was way more tight in terms of balance

You didnā€™t need two main supports and two main tanks in most ranks just to keep people alive long enough to play the game

you mean with a generic boring pve that you see in many games like l4d2 , killing floor , payday , and many others?
also with how slow blizz takes to do updates , you can expect some meh pve missions like once or (twice a year for the first years)
to make things worse pve stuff will probs be expansion that costs money.

Thatā€™s because the devs refuse to acknowledge power or damage creep lol

Iā€™m just saying more heroes means you can be looser with balance. But these devs are straight up sloppy.

2 Likes

well I am starting to play this game less and less, its just getting stale and lacks engagement, if OW is miles better than OW release why is there more growing negativity and dispute towards balance?

Because there isnā€™t. People on the forums have always complained since the game came out because that is what the forums do and what the forums will always do for as long as the game is out there. If you donā€™t enjoy the game for whatever reason, that is something that falls on you, not the game. Do you know how many times people have said what you said on these forums? No offense but by now itā€™s just a meme, similar to the OW IS DYING 4HEAD meme.

2 Likes

Honestly iā€™m excited for the pve cause I liked the archives events they just didnā€™t REALLY have a lot of story to them I just hope blizzard can make a good story. I think a hero has to die tho, not get deleted from the pvp but killed off in the pve maybe Winston or something idk tbh.

I think the game is pretty dang balanced right now maybe maybe tune mei back a bit but thats probably just bias from me being a rein main. otherwise nothing really stands out as unbalanced.

I disagree , death isnt needed for a story to be good. In a way death in stories is actually a lazy way to create emotions.

Death is realistic you canā€™t have 5 good guys killing every1 and not expect one of them to get killed in return.

whats balance?

No no you got this all wrong, me not liking the game is not just a ME issue, you cant just turn around and say that, the decline in OW population isnt because people had a THEM problem, the game was heading towards a very disengaging and stale path, thats a GAME problem.

I understand that as time goes by people will naturally move on to other titles but saying that OW development/balancing did not affect population and popularity decline is delusion.

It was patched few months back and the last time I saw a support potg was like 2 weeks back and it was a Moira potg

Anyone still players reaper ? Like is he even played above plat like at all ?

And in a game with a super intelligent gorilla from the moon, a hamster who is probably the best engineer on the planet, an ex-black ops assassin who is made of shadows and a tiny british girl who can literally move herself through time weā€™re worried about realism?

Not to mention the absolute multitude of stories that feature exactly what you claim to be unrealistic which are considered awesome and popular. See examples like James Bond, John Wick, Rambo, anything sourced from a superhero comic, etc.