4 years in and balance is no where to be seen

cause this is the measuring stick right?? btw according to everyones beloved overbuff…also the case with OW

2 Likes

Balance is far and away better than it was 4 years ago.

1 Like

Don’t they all share the same pool of weapons though?? Aren’t RE6 characters just different variations of a person walking around with a gun? Genuine question, I know very little about it

Smash statistics work different than OW statistics.

I was certain that one of the devs stated that more characters made it easier to balance.

ill believe that when i see it…

youre adding more interactions each time so complexity only increases…

however, if you add more overlap it can add more interchangeability to game…so in that regard sure…

its probably somewhere in the middle of the 2…but straight up “easier”? yeah i seriously doubt that…and we’ve seen very little indication of that…

i cant personally wait to see how chaotic OW2 will be when it lauches with X new heroes all at once

if thats the case then why bother bringing it up?

1 Like

I mean, there’s a lot of players who equate low pickrates to underpowered. A hero lacking mass appeal is not a balance issue.

The least Blizz could do is come out and at least say ‘look, we just disagree with your perspective on balance for certain heroes and here’s why’.

When there are 32 heroes in the game there will never be perfect balance.

It’s the same for TF2 with all the loadout options, that will also never be perfectly balanced either

In what way, specifically?

Not that Overbuff is a reliable source given it’s third-party non-official affliation, but in what way are the statistical measurements in Smah different than those done in Overwatch? What’s the methodology?

1 Like

I thought I explained it well enough in my post. My point being that Smash is a significantly more complicated game, with significantly better balance.

Also, for context… the number I gave for smash is competitive one on one with no items or stage hazards. In OW, the number to use is pick rate because its six on six where the team does not work in isolation. Win rate is skewed for lower pick rate heroes.

3 Likes

So what you’re saying is the games are fundamentally different and shouldn’t be compared to each other but let’s go ahead and do it anyway? Ok I guess

1 Like

In r6s there are 100 firearms and each operator get’s usually 2. Some operators share weapons with others usually if they are from the same region but other then that there completely different and center around there unique ability.

i actually like how you phrase this alot, mind if i link it or borrow it somewhere else in future?

I wouldn’t know enough about R6S to make a claim, but when all the operators share the same pool of weapons, that plays a massive role in balance. They’re all limited to the same firepower. In Overwatch no hero has the same anything, which is why it’s much harder to balance. You have to factor in bullets vs. beams vs. shurikens vs. maces vs. grenades vs. rockets etc. as well as entire kits (abilities and ultimates)

they said they’re no longer aiming to balance the game??? can you source this? it comes as absolutely no surprise and feels as such but i’d like to see where this is said.

nope i wrote a post about all my issues with Blizzard and how they run the game and it got taken down, if Blizzard dont care about their own game why should we?

Shoot homie umm.this was earlier this year around the time of hero pools. I’ll bookmark this and go back but basically it was like

“We aren’t sure if balance is possible because of how metas work socially. So instead we will aim to balance around changing up metas and how we play the game”

I remember being like
“Hmmm…I don’t like that but
…fair enough.”

1 Like

More characters makes balance easier

The whole mentality blizzard has when it comes to balancing has to go. We never get flat nerfs. Seems like we always have to buff something that’s average or weak for them to be broken and dominate ladder for 3-6 months. Can name 6 DPS going through severe power creep