4 years in and balance is no where to be seen

Why have hope anymore?

30 Likes

Because Overwatch 2 is our Lord and savior :pray::innocent:

3 Likes

Just compare game from the release to nowadays, even blind person would see the difference.

5 Likes

but OW2 wont fix any issues that current OW has

11 Likes

Nope. Its only going to get worse from here on out

I’ve lost any hope of this game turning around

32 Likes

If you want balance…I don’t know why you have hope when they’ve said they are no longer aiming to balance the game :woman_shrugging:t5::woman_shrugging:t5:

3 Likes

Cause balance in a game with 32 heroes each with several abilities all of which interact/synergize/counter each other in a complex highly convoluted way…is hard as hell to do

The better question is why do you expect it to ever be balanced?

5 Likes

i expect it to be balanced to a point where I can easily play a a few of each category without actually throwing :confused:

7 Likes

It’s extremely hard to balance game where you can have this much CC, mobility or some magical walls that the enemy can shoot through but you can’t.

Also the game/ the values/ the meta changes almost everytime when a New hero gets added so it’ll Always make things more complicated.

2 Likes

Yep more spam and aim free abilities. Remember when potg would be people landing good shots or placing an ult perfectly? Even dva bomb was good since it requires a good angle. now it’s common to see a brig swing a hammer, a moira holding m2 or reaper hitting Q. Zzzzzzzzzz

2 Likes

Well

They gave us steadfast on Reinhardt and 55 hps Mercy

At least 1 person on the balance team has brain cells to spare for the headbalancer

1 Like

R6s has more characters and that game is wayyyyyyy more balanced then OW. The difference is that Ubisoft knows how to balance a game while Blizzard doesn’t.

6 Likes

Because one day the OWL will burn and Die and the devs will realize that using a forced eSport as the main balancing factor for an “All inclusive” game is a bad…

Oh who am I kidding, We’re talking Acti-Blizz here… they could be visited by their future selves and being told all the mistakes they are making and will make and what these will cause and still be dead set on the direction they are going because admitting failure is out of the picture when you can make a quick buck.

3 Likes

Because it’s their goal? Like, you’re saying it’s hard to balance 32 heroes, well guess what, DOTA has >110, and it includes purchasable items, creeps, towers and map layout, which plays a big role in game balance. And it’s decently balanced.

Blizzard on the other hand nerfs Symmetra in a meta she’s supposed to be good in, nerfs Reaper and Doomfist when their time to shine has already passed, they buff Genji and nerf Brig because reasons and basically left Bastion to rot in his own “rank” tier, he’s that big of a meme/throw pick. Of course it’s never going to be balanced if they keep making changes like these.

5 Likes

no metas…no “best” heroes…no “throw” heroes eh…i could go on their forums and not find any complaints about balance huh?

2 Likes

I for one am not jazzed about OW2 - from what I’ve seen it’s nothing but a new Archives mission with upgradeable heroes that you can play against AI, woop-de-do. Even if they had a PVP section of the game it wouldn’t be fun with the balance we have on the heroes now, like if I can’t play regular Overwatch because the characters don’t jive the way they’re supposed to and everything keeps getting made worse, why would I be excited for more of that? =/

1 Like

which you can btw…youve just convinced yourself that youre throwing…and my guess is you probably place waaaaaaay too much importance on the outcome of the match…the difference between a “meta” hero and the rest is often not that big…something like OWL where maximum potential is being drawn out of each hero (and money is actually on the line) forces out the “best” possible combinations/comps…

but for just about everyone else? you can play most heroes and youre not REALLY hampering your teams chances…are there legitimate weak heroes? yes…but there isnt this mythical unbeatable comp that you cant win unless you play it on ladder…people climb on all heroes all the time

1 Like

You’re in luck! That’s already a possibility!

The only thing holding you back… is you!

So uh… git gud

“It’s hard to balance 32 characters.”

Okay. Let’s think about that. The game is 4 years old… and over half the roster are throw picks/completely useless. The character balance can never be a perfect 1:1, I’ll give you that, but it’s not impossible or unreasonable for every hero to be within 10% of one another.

Smash Brothers Ultimate just got its 81 character… every single character in smash is infinitely more complicated than any given hero in Overwatch. Normally, Nintendo doesn’t give us the data, but when the game came out, the director, Sakurai said that all picks for competitive smash were between a 40-60% win rate. Ultimate is the most balanced than smash has ever been.

The patches are nice too. Changes are small, incremental, and address the issues - change launch angle, increase damage by a few percentage points, reduce landing lag by a few frames, etc. there are no major overhauls or reworks… there are no massive sledgehammering characters into the dirt or overbuffing characters that were already performing at the average level while leaving all the objectively bad heroes in the trash can for literal years.

This, “the game will never be balanced” is really just giving blizzard an excuse. Blizzard has access to all kinds of data that would blow your mind. It’s more than possible to balance the game into a reasonable state.

6 Likes

Dramaqueen much? At least describe what you think is wrong with balance instead of this 0 effort post.