3rd person, its time

This is a FPS IIRC… “First Person Shooter”…

It absolutely need it.
When I go to ranked in Paladins, I forget you can’t use it lol, it’s fine, but it’s honestly so good, I kinda miss it when in ranked.

1 Like

And the 3rd person skills, Rhin and others being able to go into 3rd person for a while. The spectator 3rd person cam. Yeah, still a FPS…

Yes, we all know there are moments of 3rd person, but it’s not the primary game play… come on, we don’t need 3rd person.

Look over the post, there are more saying yes then no.

it’s a hero shooter with FPS elements. Not a FPS.
It could really add a lot to the game, just like Paladins.
Some Widows may enjoy seeing more stuff when unscoped, maybe Ashe wouldn’t care about it, it could really benefit Bastion, some Torbs may enjoy not having half the screen blocked by their weapon and the other half by Rein’s booty…
So it’s up to the characters and player, it’s a good thing to have.

1 Like

Jokes aren’t allowed in this thread. Didn’t you get the memo? :wink:

Well yeah, I think they call that “selection bias”… of course people who are attracted to the idea will post…

Not saying it’s the worst idea ever, I am just not convinced that the issues it would bring are a good use of dev resources…

1 Like

Dude, i played that game on and off for years now, never been unable to play it because i didn’t buy a skin, Paladin’s doesn’t block you out of the game if you don’t buy “X” number of skins in a period of time, it is F2P.

The issues people post are always the same, unfair, unbalanced, corner peeking, all of which were proven false when Paladins added it. I’ve seen people play third and first in the same match, no one has an advantage.
Like Overwatch there are characters that can skip like Tracer, warp like Reaper, and some even fly. By the time you try to corner peek you have one behind you not to mention your so focus on the rapid fire coming ahead of you that you don’t have time to swing around even if you do see someone behind you.

Kinda like Elder Scrolls online where you could switch between views with a button. So you could play with your character in e mote form. if you could switch between views those who prefered 3rd person could play the game like gears of war and those counterstrike fans could stay in first person. I like it, alsoit makes skins more relevant.

1 Like

I switch in midgame too, depending the situation, like for instance: around point I was in 3rd person, I see kinessa sniping from a building, she sees I saw her, so she hides in, I went in, toggled to 1st and killed her, then back out and back to third.

third person is a great news especially for Overwatch, to be clear, this should be an arcade mode, this should be an option during only the arcade mode, so that’s means if i press C on the keyboard i can go in third person, if i press it another time, i will come back in first person. this thing doesn’t get any kind of advanteg it’s fair and i’ts a new way to play the game. it could be a whole mode. or just a simple thing added only to Quick play. THIRD PERSON WILL NOT BE used in Competetive matches. only in Quick Play or in Arcade mode, but third person need to be in this game. people like me or i bet that we are lots of people, we wanna see our character in third person, maybe for the skin, maybe for the animations, or whatever it could be the reason, this thing need to be in the game. and as i said before, Overwatch need a new game mode and this fits perfecetly.

Right gokussj4gold, just like Paladins it would never be added to comp modes only casual ones that have no effect on stats.

FIREFLY right, in Paladins at the start of the match your allowed to switch to 3rd person and at any time switch back. The movements of some characters becomes much more easy to use like dash moves and anything melee styled.

Wouldn’t that make it way more difficult to aim?

Overwatch is already setup as a hip aim style anyway. But actually no it would help most heroes like Rhin and Junkrat

true, i play Cassie in third person the 98% of the time lol

So it would be an indirect buff to those characters and create additional balancing issues? Already people didn’t like that brig could peak behind corner and set up traps. Now you want junkrat to be able to shoot grenades while he is hidden and be able to correct his aim by looking from 3rd person? Genji ult will require less skill, because it will be easier to “locate” during it.

As i said Murgenpl the corner peek has been blown out as any legit argument point. All you have to do is play Paladins for ten minutes to see it doesn’t work.

Are you saying Paladins is the same game as Overwatch? Characters are copies and balance is the same?
People found corner peek a problem and that’s a fact.
Changes in POV would result in balance changes, some characters would have the advantage and some would have it worse.
They could make all the characters fly also but it would result in balance changes too.
Sorry, but saying that something works in another game is not enough.
You also need to check all pros and cons of such a change and see if it is worth it.