3rd person, its time

First off let me say to all the FPS nuts out there this is strictly a NON-RANKED option. I know you all get antsy every time this comes up but your ranked mode would be excluded from this…

Now that said if there was ever a time to add 3rd person its now Blizzard, you have Wrecking Ball guy zipping around in 3rd person, Rhin and Bridget walking around in 3rd person, Zenyatta and Junk Rat both have ultimates in 3rd person. And you added 3rd person viewing for spectation.
The old argument that it gives a unfair advantage has already been disproved. (Seriously if yous still using that play Casual mode in Paladins for one hour, just one and you’ll see how wrong you are.)
There is so much going on at one time trying to sit still to corner peek is a death wish. With all the abilities like Ripper’s shifting, Tracer’s skips, and more. Even if you did this they zip in and out before you had a change to use the corner stuff. It’s an old argument and a pointless one at this point.

As they keep adding new characters, some having 3rd person options its time for Blizzard to add it to non ranked modes. And anyone who tries to argue against this clearly has not been paying attention recently.
Blizzard if you do this you WILL see a decent growth in player base, it worked for Paladins, and with Battle Royals dominating these days every little bit helps.

9 Likes

I’d like a scouting hero who sends out a drone or hawk to spy on the red team. They can be shot down. They would be almost like an earn-it version of Widow’s ultimate. Using this would let you observe the map through 3rd person.
But, the hero itself would be standard 1st person.
(It is not my original idea btw, I read it sometime back on the forums.)

But, yeah, I do like the idea of having more 3rd person POV heroes!

1 Like

No no i mean a way to put any character into 3rd person. With the hip fire focus for all characters there is literally no reason not to.
As i said the main argument is you can corner peek, but with characters like Reaper you don’t have the time to just sit there and do this, you have to keep moving or get flanked from behind. Its a moot argument.

Since they added the 3rd person spectator cam they could easily do this. And again in my post i stated it did give the Paladins game a decent boost in players.
Its more a disgrace then anything it hasn’t been added yet despite all the 3rd person stuff already in the game.

There literally is a reason. 3rd person wasn’t intended for this game. Plus that’s going to cost time and even more resources to animate every hero’s model, change some map perspectives as well as well as give certain heroes a disadvantage/advantage.

Play Apb: Reloaded for 3rd person.

14 Likes

Tell that to Paladins that is literally doing twice as good as Overwatch now…
Oh and its FREE 2 PLAY, if a free 2 play can afford it, why can’t Overwatch?

1 Like

Then play Paladins? Seems like a win for you if it’s doing everything better.

20 Likes

Oh yeah let’s tell people to leave a game that is already forcing people away with political correctness B.S and farther drop the player base, smart idea there. Well done…

i agree with you, i already did a post like this actually, but people are only good to be bad, btw third person should be an option not a standard, this should be really nice

1 Like

Exactly, whats the harm in it being an option in non ranked? A ton of characters already use it in some small way.

But you’re the one that brought up Paladins. There are more negatives of having it in OW than other games.

Only people who are dead set on it say that nyx, the game already goes to great length to have 3rd person styles but deny actual 3rd person mode.

Wait what? What more animations would the game actually need for third person? changing the camera perspective doesn’t change the animations for the models themselves. They still run the same. Aim the same. Shoot the same.

And it was added already with spectator mode. Just not to the point you can switch to it in the match.

No thanks, I would rather the devs spend time working on new things (content) and fixing problems we already have. No need to muddy the waters.

2 Likes

Spectator mode is spectator mode. You’re watching and not being interactive with it. That still means they’d need to implement your actions with third view.

Works fine in Paladins. More fun actually.
Plus the added player base would breath some needed life back to the game and give the devs more money to work with.

I swear all these arguments against it are so old and over used. All of them have been proven false by this point.

And nyx your really reaching with each post anymore…

I play paladins too… and yes it works there. But right now we literally have no need for it.

This game had more players before all the power creep, cc, and balance issues. So in my mind if they fixed all of that then all those players that are just waiting for something good to happen would come back.

But hey why not just change it to a different game, while literally giving nothing new other than a different POV and hope players come back.

2 Likes

The main focus of the game is comp, we can all agree there, this change would be for NON COMP modes. You know casual modes, the co-op events, stuff like that.
Comp would, and should, never get this option. Which again would be an option.

Believe me… It is a LOT of work to make a FPS game into a TPS game. You would have to remake literally everything xd

Play Paladins for an hour and say that. Which again is a free to play.
Overwatch is a game you buy to play, logic would say if a free to play can do it so can a game like Overwatch.

Moot argument sorry.

1 Like