3 years later, why does blizzard STILL allow throwers/smurfs?

Well I don´t know how many “thank you for reporting” messages I got the last days, so I don´t think you can say they do nothing.

Nobody reads the title. Theres actually a gentlemans agreement to use shanghai dragons icon to indicate youre a thrower and its usually specificly asked in chat if youre really throwing.

They may be jew, but they’re not smart.

There are a few ways players can get away with it, such as allowing a child to play the same account. So, some of their policies can sort of contradict others, and there is really no way to tell for sure that wouldn’t be an invasion of privacy, like a live feed of the person playing or something weird.

Google “pc gamer kaplan smurfs”. First link is the one you’re after.

“Smurfing—and I know this isn’t what you want to hear—isn’t really that big of an issue,” Kaplan wrote. “For example, a few weeks ago one of the Pro Overwatch players created a smurf account and was streaming from it. We were able to watch his MMR internally and compare it against his ‘main’ account. Within 15 games, the MMR’s were equal. I know there is a very bad perception of smurfing. But the reality is, skilled players are moved rapidly out of lower skill situations.”

That’s your answer. Like it or not.

:joy: t500 has easily the most smurfs when you compare to amount of players in the pool :ok_hand:

Its bold to believe that everyone could be punished. They are punishing a lot of people.

Ah that explains why Jeff recently told us about the system they are working on that will detect throwing (its gonna be for sure that it cant be 100% reliable, but it should do something at least). Because they just dont care so they are working on this system just for lolz.

You are the only toxic here. It would help the community that you know… you would not come here anymore and prolly not play the game.

Yep. I dont report often, but when I report I get like 80-90% or something like that the next time thx for reporting something has been done. The high rate might be because I dont report for nothing like someone playing on a low lvl account. Like rofl, ppl report because they want to report even when there is nothing to report and they cry that they wont do anything :joy: I wonder why…

that’s why matchmaker should be ran my way How matchmaker should work (imho) to make a rule you can’t police is a disservice

Staff actively looking for them, watching parts of their game play and able to read chat. That would remove smurfs from game. But they will never do that.

Once again this just proves that they dont care if they screw over others or not.

Lol I think you are mixing up the two in recognizing them in your game. I’d imagine you see “throwers” every game, not because they are actual throwers, but because you think they are.
Now if you say you have people intentionally sitting in spawn or jumping off the map or afk in most of your games, I have to say my experience differs GREATLY. I get those about 1 in every 10-20 matches.

As for smurfs, I hate them as much as you, but the problem is so much more complex than you realize. Very hard to confirm smurfing, in the sense of high level players keeping low level accounts. You are right, its easy to sense HUGE changes in SR, which is why almost no one does that; they use separate accounts. It’s not as easy as you think to determine a smurf from a real player who is popping off.

The biggest proof most people have is when low level accounts perform exceptionally well, but it would be even worse for blizzard to put all these accounts in masters/gm easily, as that would potentially ruin the top of the ladder with lucky/actual new players.

Uh, offended little snow-flake is offended…meh… liberals are so …meh
bye

Soon enough, it’ll add up to the point they’re in serious trouble. Look at Bethesda.

Even if Blizzard did ban trolls / throwers / smurfs, the price of their game is so low that it doesn’t really matter. People are going to smurf / troll / throw no matter what. I suspect that people do that because they want to keep playing the game but are bored playing it normally. Fun means many things to many people, even if it’s mean, cruel, and/or breaks the game experience for others. Not sticking up for these people, just saying that they aren’t going away and banning them isn’t going to stop them.

this is why you ban IP addresses not just the game.

The problem with IP banning is, half the people who play this game play from LAN cafes. And IP banning doesn’t work if you’re using a VPN.

well 1 account per person if internet cafe allows this kind of trash happen as well then its their fault as much as blizz’s fault. they made this huge deal with account sharing. I was at my friend house logged into my wow account they banned my accout for a month and canceled subscription because i have log into a game from different IP. so they should be doing same thing with other simple.

I have account shared in: OW & WoW. I have never got any action on those accounts. And well other games too, but those are not blizz games and nothing happened to them. Do you know what happens when you log from a different IP? They send you email confirming the access to the account, not ban you. Also I know people who play from internet cafes and they havent had any problems. If what you claim is true then those guys would have been banned long time ago.

You’re talking about technology you nearly got 0 knowledge about. Careful there.

Nah, photo detection totally has something to do with this issue. Maybe they install those cameras to some monitor room to watch games and they will detect if someone types in chat bad words or something?