3 video proof u can shoot genji while deflecting

clips.twitch.tv/HelplessEncouragingCheesecakeBIRB

twitter.com/MakinaYT/status/987121730442465282

streamable.com/g42jd

its been 3 days and not even dev response to it… are they even know it?

10 Likes

I think this sort of explains why blizzard said pixel perfect hitbox is “unusable.” A defensive ability that can’t reliably do its job is indeed not usable.

Maybe they need to increase the hitbox just a little more to avoid things like this.

5 Likes

Perfect :tired_face::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Because OP can’t use the </> button to make links without effort, here you go.

Lol yeah I thought it was funny they said this, then made it smaller than the animation. Honestly I’m fine with the hitbox being a little bigger than the animation, just for the sake of consistency and latency and all, but the issue was just that it was really quite gargantuan compared to the animation and even “don’t shoot at him” was more like “don’t even shoot in his general direction.” I’m glad they fixed it, but obviously they’ve created a new problem

5 Likes

how do u post video on forum lol

hmm

The hitbox should be as big as Zarya’s bubble is around Genji. I don’t know much about coding, but considering that coding is already in the game I don’t get why it’s not already so.

3 Likes

Use the </> button when making a post.

Otherwise, you gotta be trust level 3.

this person aint lying shooting around a reflecting genji was dangerous even when you look away

1 Like

it doesn’t even match the hitbox for it now when it does work

Right lol its horizontal size right now seems fine (I’ve seen some stuff showing it’s smaller and some stuff showing it’s bigger, I think it just depends on the angle you’re looking at), but clearly it’s having some issues around the head for whichever reason.

1 Like

Post this in the PTR bugs forum.

2 Likes

And all beacuse trash players couldnt take their finger off m1

5 Likes

I honestly think that the hit box would have been fine if the FX actually shows it correctly. and you are not guessing where the damn thing is.

4 Likes

Yes we get it, His deflect is bugged on the PTR and will be fixed before it goes live.

Can we stop going on about this now?

Yeah, my general stance for hitboxes is that they should be maybe 5-10% bigger than the animation just to account for stuff like latency, and no more. If you make them smaller than the animation, it’s frustrating for the user because it feels inconsistent, and if you make it too big, it’s frustrating for the receiver because it feels inconsistent. Somewhere in between is a happy medium where both parties should feel the ability is fair, or at least where the ability ticks off both parties equally

1 Like

there no dev response yet

for all i know they might not even see it

so many bug got through from PTR to live… cant trust it anymore

1 Like

The patch notes only mentioned a reduction in hitbox, not that it was deliberately intended for him to still receive headshots while deflecting.

Considering that’s quite a big deal I would have thought they’d mention it if it was intentional.

the patchnotes was:

while still FULLY PROTECTING him from projectile that would hit him from the front

yeah… what a joke…

1 Like