3-2-1 will not improve queue times

Based on the amount of tank and support players, I would say there is a market. Only smaller than the standard FPS pewpew market (CoD, BF, Fortnite, APEX…).

Maybe this classic economic model is not be the right one to allow OW to survive by keeping its original spirit… When you think about it, you want to make a game with years of weekly updates (balance and content) that people only have to pay once and for all. At some point, you know you will have issues to balance the system and probably have to do some sacrifices to get new players, even if at the expense of the old ones. To be in a situation where it is better for Blizzard to get a new player than to keep an historical one is definitely not healthy for a game like OW.

I’m in the minority here, but I don’t care that much about queue times- I just want 1/3/2 back because it’s my favorite comp to run on all roles.

I feel like you miss the fact that a game balanced around 1-3-2 will have more powerful tank classes. Where a reaper wouldn’t’ be able to solo him. You could safely buff say, armor, without breaking the game since you’d only have to worry about one hard to kill character running around as opposed to two.

Same with Mei and other CC. Tanks can be rebalanced to not feel the effects as much. We’ve already seen this with Rein and how hard he is to manipulate these days compared to launch.

As for Hanzo, he’s just a garbage poorly designed hero that needs a total rework. His hitbox is too generous for damage that rewards you as if he’s aiming an actual real life arrow. This has nothing to do with 1-3-2.

I take a bet right now that as soon as you buff the tanks that way, most dps players will come here and whine that tanks are OP because they can’t solo them anymore.
Because don’t fool yourselves, 1-3-2 in comp will only mean having 3 dps running around doing their life and blaming everyone because they can’t have value on their own. I don’t see why they would better coordinate with 3 of them if they are not able to do it now.

1 Like

I mean I see this as a good thing. I don’t want thin skinned players who can’t handle “pressure” to be playing the tank role anyways. Everytime one of these players ends up tanking alongside me, or tanking for me, it’s a nightmare. They think they’re better than what they really are because they got someone who can carry them.

Since 51% or more of current tank players would have to never play the tank role again in order for the queues to be damaged by 1-3-2 it is highly unlikely that we’ll see longer queues. More realistically 25% of tanks would stop playing tank, and that is being VERY generous. While you might be part of this group that goes dps who’s to say there won’t be other people that go play healer? Not a single person is going from tank to healer? All we need is one person to have a net positive on queue impact but more realistically we’ll get more.

More healers in the queue = faster queue.
Needing less tanks to start a game = faster queue.
More dps per game = faster queue.

I think you are completely ignoring off-tank players in your demonstration. You think that they will all go MT as soon as their favorite role gets deleted and their main hero thrown into the dps pool?
Because I don’t see how the current off-tanks could be turned into MT. They would either have less value than the real MT heroes, or become ridiculously OP making the current MT heroes garbage.

You are assuming they do that to every off tank role instead of just doing it to Roadhog and instead reworking Zarya/Hammond/DVA to fit more as main tanks. That seems a tad presumptuous on your part.

It is an AWFUL idea but to pretend it would not lower DPS queue times is to weaken the overall argument against it because it involves arguing against strawmen instead of the actual problems that it causes.

I can’t imagine any scenario or rework that could make Zarya or DVa playable as solo tanks. Their design is just way too far from what’s needed.

Absolutely not, it just points out that 1-3-2 doesn’t even fix the queue time issue, while creating a full bunch of bigger problems.

If the go solo tank i know all my tank friends and me are going to stop playing tamks, i will go only support from then on, and they go solo support after that i am done with ovetwatch, solo tank/support is a complete chore and take all the fun out of every match i know before role Q most of my games i was either solo support or tank and it was garbage

That can be said for any role and you completely miss the point. Less tanks =longer queue and would defeat the purpose of 321. You put quotations around the word pressure as if its not a real thing but it is and will discourage new players from picking up the role.

It’s as if you guys don’t have a real reason for wanting 321 aside from pure hate for tank players. It’s not going to decrease your time, even if it did it wouldn’t be by much.

You guys aren’t factoring in how much harder it will be to play tank for the first time, expectation/harrassment from their team, less options,off tank players going dps, old tanks quitting over frustrations, more new dps players because of 321.

For this to work,playing solo tank has to be better than all of the downsides mentioned and I don’t think that’s going to happen.