2/3/2 with 7 players?

I know Jeff said it would take a lot of work for 7v7, but I personally think it would be worth it. The game would feel so much fun.

1 Like

Honestly I dont care about the DPS q times as a main tank but its still a major problem the game has. But yes, tank is in an awful state right now but it really doesnt seem as if the dev team wants to change that.

The engine is pretty old and can’t keep up properly, but it would be a lot worse if we had 7 instead of 6 players.
Engine overhaul will come with OW2 for everyone

Personally I’ve actually been playing a lot of tank since the recent patches. The nerfs make most of the tank cast a somewhat decent pick now. It feels like all tanks have their places. Although I do think sigma’s ult interrupt is a bit meh and orisa should have a small barrier hp buff.

Why do people keep going on about this when they specifically said this was not an option due to how optimized they are for 6 player teams?

3 Likes

Jeff Kaplan addressed it in the 132 thread:

He says that it is expensive…
If they think it’s not worth investing in OW anymore they should just say it
So we aren’t getting any new heroes till OW2 because it’s expensive?
That’s the state of OW since 2016…they never had enough people and money to work with.

What i’m saying is that for beign their gold mine IP they threw it away…imagine if LoL (which i don’t play) got the same “treatment” it would be in the same situation as OW now, which is “not the best”

7 players = more relies on team, more struggle. 6 players are already difficult to manage to work together.

What if 1,2,1? Smaller faster games.

can you guys stop these stupid 7v7 topics please? Don’t ask me why, just think about how stupid it is to play 6v6 already in terms of screen clutter.

The 7v7 topic keeps coming up because it’s a damn good idea.

7v7 and more was possible in custom games with little to no issues before they fixed the bug that made even 12v12 teams possible a while ago.
The problem is consoles because of their limitations which i dont care too much for as they could make it a PC only thing since its the main platform for OW anyhow.

Kappa

Jeff said it is too expensive.

Beyond just being designed for 6v6, Jeff said it’d be impossible to run the game with more than 12 players in it due to technical limitations. Game performance would have to suffer.

Also, adding another player isn’t going to make the game feel better for you if you don’t like 6v6. It’d only make fights feel more randomly decided.

Where did you see a custom game with 7v7?
I’m pretty sure there are only 12 slots locked for dummy-bots and players together.

I meant it was possible before they fixed a bug in custom games. You could do up to 12v12 and 7v7 ran fine if i remember correctly.

It sounds at least much better than 1/3/2, but it sounds like an incredible amount of work for Blizzard, so I don’t think it would ever happen ;-;

they are a billion dollar company and this could save one of their our most succesful game , but it would mean them putting effort into doing something productive , what obviously they cannot even start to fandom the idea off

people should always take into account the lazyness of the ones i dare not say the name off , before proposing ideas :stuck_out_tongue:

personally i like the idea but like someone else said

this person

i think making it 2/1/1/1/2 so 1 hitscan , 1 utility and then 1 poopy design category that can’t be put in either but still need a category could be better

utility “sombra , mei , sym”
PS : i think sym would need buff to her utilty tho because tp alone isnt enough actually tp is a really bad team ability that barely anyone outside of the sym uses , unless its a taxi from spawn #BringBackShieldGen #MakeHerWallSlowAndDamagePeopleWhoTryToPassThroughtIt

hitscan “ash,soldier,widow,mcree and i would also add hanzo i know he isnt one but he might aswell be one”

Poop design “doom , torb , bastion , pharah , reaper”
PS : i don’t insult any of those heroes i think some of them like torb and bastion and reaper are great and i love playing with them but their design prevent them from having a proper role

PSS : if they would rework/nerf doom like they should into being mostly an hypermobile high CC providing dps so pretty much hammond junior who doenst do as much damage i think he could be added to the “utility” category

Was possible and little to no issues is not really accurate.
You don’t know how many problems it can cause under the hood because you don’t have the insight.