22 GB update? Huh?

Really? Is that a bug? All events were 1-2gb

10 Likes

You have update right now?

Yes and iam sad i wont be able to play today :((.

3 Likes

Have you returned after a long absense? You may be updating older patches. Note this new version upcoming will be 1.22

Same here on PS4. Can’t be right? Fortnite had the same issue last week with update being too big 10GB but 22 is a whole other level lol

3 Likes

Just played the whole week before, 2.37 on PS4 - 21.552 GB, well, tommorow i guess with my net :frowning: :smiley:

1 Like

Looks like console got their update early

1 Like

This is happening to me on PS4 also. I heard it’s a bug but I have no idea how to prevent it.

2 Likes

There is always something when event starts :((, i should just postpone my event day by one day everytime :D.

either you wont que in, or comp mode in lucio ball counts towards normal comp, invisible heroes at lunar event etc. I believe its very hard to make events from developer side and i respect it!

But it kinda a bit dissapointing that there is problem every time :(.

1 Like

This happened to me for the summer games update too and I just had to sit through the full 22 gig download. I guess I have to again this event. I’ve restarted and shut down and everything multiple times but it still comes up as 21.086 gigs.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem like a PS4 bug. 18.82GB on a xbox one x here. So pretty big also. Maybe because the new PVE content. But wow!

2 Likes

I played earlier and it’s 20 GB for me so it cant be earlier patches

Mine isn’t updating as of yet .-.

For what it’s worth, the PTR Updates that occurred on PC prior to this update totaled about 16GB. (One 14.5 GB, another 1.4GB for a 2nd one later)

I am updating as we speak, because it’s a huge HUGE file.

And living in the dorms, well you can put two to two together.

2 Likes

I just wanna play the frickin game cmon blizz

2 Likes

PS4, mine is 21.086 GB. And it’s not updating the older patches and updates as well, I play Overwatch daily. I have no idea why it’s so big

5 Likes

It’s possibly all the hero changes?

Yeah…I’m not going to be playing the game for a bit.

Still no patch on PC it seems.

Update started. 13.9 GB DLing at 0 kb/s. Guess no event for me today.

2 Likes

Launcher says they’re doing live maint for PC so they’re probably getting the patch ready right now.