21GB update? Double XP weekend?

Close all your background processes, close all programs…buy faster Internet :wink:

Do you live in a house where more than 1 person plays Overwatch? I do.

1 Like

My internet is fine, I’m guessing it’s just the amount of people trying to download right now. Mine’ll peak at 8 MB/s and then dwindled down to 5 KB/s and stay around there.

They really should’ve had a pre-download for such a huge patch. ):

They said that it wasn’t possible. Thats fine, but the moment they knew it was going to be a massive patch, they should have tweeted that out to let us know before hand

Did they mention why it wasn’t possible, out of curiosity?

I have subpar internet but this update took less than 5 minutes to download. Did you take the download rate cap off in your settings?

You can find this by clicking on Dev replies:

Best event of the year? You do know this is a pvp game right

Yes. I have those settings fixed. Always have. But I havent even really started on the PC update… roommates and I are working on getting the PS4 updates first, which are 21GB each, but the 14GB that I need for PC after

Ah, okay, thank you! That is strange though, I feel like they’ve done it in the past before. :confused:

1 Like

They have, and they said they will again.

Yea. I do. And the fact that I have the most fun in PvE modes says something about the game. Like the fact that the game is balanced better in PvE

1 Like

Yeah. I can’t help but feel the main game has been getting progressively less fun to play.

1 Like

Bliz is too cheap to offer double xp. Game is going to it’s third year and I only remember one double xp weekend

Youre 100% not alone. A LOT of people feel the same way. The main game is a unbalanced hot mess

1 Like

Oh! By the way, a little tip for updating it on PC right now: you kind of have to babysit the download. I mentioned it starts strong and tapers down to literal bytes, but if you pause/resume it kicks back up for a while.

Up until recently, I too had slow internet, (I’m talking 800Kbps peak) so I feel your pain, but even if I didn’t, I can’t think of a valid reason to say no to a Double XP Weekend.

1 Like

I feel a bit as if Blizzard is avoiding addressing a lot of the balancing and matchmaking issues because of how it would reflect on OWL. :frowning: I think they may have really over-invested in it.

I have 4mbps right now and its still really slow. I feel terrible for people with anything worse than what I have.

Tbh, balance is one of the reasons why I can’t even be bothered to watch OWL anymore. Every match is the same and its just super boring. I lost intetest in OWL half way through stage 1

1 Like

Yeah. I guess I should clarify, too, that I understand they’re playing on a different patch - but I suspect the light touch regarding the “core/pro” heroes and continued opacity regarding the matchmaking system may in part due to OWL.

Blizz has been very, very pushy about OWL, and working hard to get it accepted onto the pro gaming scene. I can’t help but wonder if the lack of positive change is their unwillingness to admit flaws in their core dynamics - which might weaken the legitimacy of both OWL and Overwatch as a whole on that scene.

It’s just speculation, of course.

1 Like

Regardless of the DL size, i’d like to see a Double-XP weekend just because. Blizzard is celebrating an event, it would be nice to celebrate with Double-XP along with it.

1 Like