21GB update? Double XP weekend?

So its going to take me 24hours to download… this annoys me because these are limited time events.

To be clear, I am not saying that my slow download speeds are Blizzs fault, but the event doesn’t last that long.

I really think that the best event of the year should be 4 weeks, not 3, but since that is not the case, and this event seems to be a massive download for everyone, I really think we should get a double XP weekend to make up for it.

What do yall think?

6 Likes

Would be nice if it lasted a month. Not like we get to pve all the time.

7 Likes

Plus this PvE is the best out of all of them

I honestly don’t know why people are having trouble. It took me 10-15min TOPS to download and install.

As I type this, I still have 20 hours left before its downloaded. The best way to solve this is by giving us a double XP weekend during this event.

Close all your background processes, close all programs…buy faster Internet :wink:

Do you live in a house where more than 1 person plays Overwatch? I do.

1 Like

My internet is fine, I’m guessing it’s just the amount of people trying to download right now. Mine’ll peak at 8 MB/s and then dwindled down to 5 KB/s and stay around there.

They really should’ve had a pre-download for such a huge patch. ):

They said that it wasn’t possible. Thats fine, but the moment they knew it was going to be a massive patch, they should have tweeted that out to let us know before hand

Did they mention why it wasn’t possible, out of curiosity?

I have subpar internet but this update took less than 5 minutes to download. Did you take the download rate cap off in your settings?

You can find this by clicking on Dev replies:

Best event of the year? You do know this is a pvp game right

Yes. I have those settings fixed. Always have. But I havent even really started on the PC update… roommates and I are working on getting the PS4 updates first, which are 21GB each, but the 14GB that I need for PC after

Ah, okay, thank you! That is strange though, I feel like they’ve done it in the past before. :confused:

1 Like

They have, and they said they will again.

Yea. I do. And the fact that I have the most fun in PvE modes says something about the game. Like the fact that the game is balanced better in PvE

1 Like

Yeah. I can’t help but feel the main game has been getting progressively less fun to play.

1 Like

Bliz is too cheap to offer double xp. Game is going to it’s third year and I only remember one double xp weekend

Youre 100% not alone. A LOT of people feel the same way. The main game is a unbalanced hot mess

1 Like

Oh! By the way, a little tip for updating it on PC right now: you kind of have to babysit the download. I mentioned it starts strong and tapers down to literal bytes, but if you pause/resume it kicks back up for a while.