2020 Overwatch League Streaming & Rewards Guide - Info about Grand Finals problems here

For any reason? For 100% of the matches this season, the app has taken over 30 minutes to find the stream. Can you please tell Blizzard this is absolutely unacceptable from a multibillion dollar company? It should be completely automated, and fetch the URL within milliseconds. A middle schooler who dabbles into coding could do it.

I am well aware of many of the different technical issues regarding the live embedded player in the app and website, and I do pass on feedback appropriately, however beyond that it is out of my hands for any technical changes on Blizzard’s side. I can only provide advice for issues encountered as you encounter them.

I will note, I will be extremely vigilant during the match tomorrow morning to make sure the community is earning the exclusive rewards for the most part.

1 Like

We appreciate your help. It’s just not something that a multibillion dollar company should take an entire season to fix. Imagine if the official NFL app missed every single pregame and first quarter of the season. It just wouldn’t happen, because they’d solve the problem the first time it happened.

I have yet to get the tripled tokens yet, and I got my tokens at around 11 am. I also think I didn’t get the tripled tokens for yesterday’s games.

Curious, all I know is that the token drops for triple tokens come in two parts first the normal 5 token drop, then a few minutes later a 10 token drop.

Is there any way to ensure that everyone gets things like the triple token drop because I should have gotten all of them and I only have 45 tokens, should be about 75 or maybe 85.

Also, do you only get tokens from the actual games and not the pre and post game video?

Its impossible to 100% guarantee everyone will be able to get them. There often is too many tiny issues from user to user, so all I can do is help troubleshoot with them to the best of my ability. If I am seeing a high majority of viewers are having problems, I can report my findings to Blizzard (though they are more than likely well on top of any issues). Last year, there was a major problem with the Grand Finals Rewards and all three drops from that event were manually issued to anyone who watch the live match for any amount of time (not just 1, 2, or 3 hours).

As far as I know, only match time counts, HOWEVER, in the event, the match ends before it reaches the two-hour mark, you can expect both rewards will be issued if you watched it all. (This happened in the 2018 Grand Finals.)

Did anyone else not get the drops for yesterday’s games? I watched the whole stream yesterday and didn’t get drops on my account for some reason (other accounts got the drops interestingly)

I earned over 30 tokens myself.

Yeah I don’t know what the problem is, I did get the drops in my other account too, just not in this one, but I watched the games from this account and can confirm stream was live for the whole duration :confused: It was working fine previously, so I guess I’ll have to cross my fingers for today’s match

Now this is interesting. Are you trying to stream from the same device on mutliple accounts? If so, that is likely the problem. Even if you use incognito browsers, it will likely only accept one account at a time. You should use a completely separate device for each account.

I had two computers streaming actually, and usually it never caused a problem. I’m not exactly sure why, but sometimes the drops didn’t occur for this account for some reason (really confusing because even for this account, drops were happening fine in the previous game–drops for day 1 of Grand Finals worked fine for example). I don’t mind because it usually works fine, but I just hope there aren’t any problems today.

ive received all my tokens for the streams on 8th and 9th of october, there is still hope for today i see ! The only thing is : i had my mobile on with the OWL app and the homepage signed in on Edge ; too risky to check if it would work only with Edge xD gonna do the same thing this afternoon with the grandfinals LULz

I didn’t receive any tokens from yesterdays stream and watched both fully, hopefuly it doesn’t mess up for the Tracer skin today

Are you 1000000% sure you’ve linked your BNET account to the OWL website or mobile app? You can always check in your account management settings to confirm you have.

And are you 10000% sure you are logged into the correct account and not on a alternate account?

Yes and 100% sure I was logged in and still am my dude. I don’t have any other accounts

Well my suggestion is to try the mobile app if you haven’t already. I hear from time to time that the website isn’t always reliable when it comes to drops.

I personally have had no issues with the mobile app so far this season.

That is what I been using lol which surprised me why I had no tokens at all yesterday

DUUUUDE WAKE UP :///// the stream is unavaible on the home page, there is an issu with the timer as well ; keeps showing match will start in 1 hour even after refreshing 10 mins later :confused: