2 questions (Role Queue related)

1. How would you propose queue times for one role get fixed?

Everyone who was FOR role queue now say it was implemented “horribly”. How again?..

How else could have they have implemented it without high supply and demand for DPS which is just a reflection of the community and not the devs?

What can they do now about it?

1. Are long queue times the only reason you guys hate role queue?

As far as I know, role lock has done numerous good things including:

• Consistency
  • Less toxicity
  • Easier balance
  • Easier to improve at
1 Like

Force everyone to sit in the longest que times and do a que pop system, rather than letting some roles get shorter ques.

The que time is now 10 minutes for everyone guaranteeing that everyone waits the same amount of time.

nope, I believe that role que does not belong in this game in any form. It only feeds into whining players who blame everyone around them, and gives blizzard a lazy way to balance heros rather than face the problems they caused via stupid decisions like introducing brig.

this is the only thing it has brought. you will always play the same basic team comp 2 tanks 2 dps 2 heals.

toxicity, balance and improvement is still all subjective.

2 Likes

There was no big balance patch that went with it. A new hero was also released with it which causes more balance issues. Released too late in the game’s life.

Not at all, there are many problems other than wait times though they are a big problem.

Consistent stale matches

I’ve experience the exact opposite

So far this has not been the case.

No?

1 Like

add 1 more… Tanks getting Gold medal elimins more often than not. XD

This was my idea, it’s pretty simple actually and I think it would work well if people were willing to be a bit flexible.

1 Like

This is how

For me this would be the primary thing I dislike.

Disagree. Toxicity for me has been up considerably as people are more frustrated and feeling helpless.

1 Like
  1. you cant fix what people want to play
  2. balance is the reason why rq was put horribly. they didnt revert half the buffs or nerfs given during goats era so now we are seeing how powerful these buffs are and are obnoxious because we cant go goats to counter it LOL

nothing
they warned everyone that dps would be packed and therefore que times would be quite long. What they could do is add more tanks and support to make the classes as wide and cool as support to possibly attract new dps players but issue is, that means no new dps heroes and this community has alot of entilted dps players who will complain about that and make blizz life hard

1 Like

All of your pros are highly debatable. In my mind there’s a lot of cons to 2-2-2 not even factoring in queue times.

Enforced meta = even less switch ups per map and even more enforcing the exact same hero picks day in and day out = more boring.

Not my observation at all. In fact, when people have no option to swap to try to help a problem they often feel more hopeless and become more toxic at the perceived problem.

Could be true, except we’ve received extremely slow balance patches since release that really haven’t shaken up the top tier picks at all.

This is the only one I’ll give you – 2-2-2 is better for one trick mains who want to improve at a single thing, because there’s only one other person who can even possible take what they want to play.

So, at best I’ll give you 2-2-2 is better for one tricking.

Yeah… introducing Brig was a lazy way to balance things after their stupid decission to NOT just nerf the Dive Heroes :wink:

So your solution is to further encumber the support and tank roles who have significantly less people playing by punishing them with longer wait times even though they shouldn’t have to since there isn’t as many of them compared to dps?

You want an all dps game then.

No, you can’t shorten que times outside of Making support and mainly tank more popular.

Dps que times are honestly their own fault for it being so popular.

Pre role lock was much worse.

You can call it “lazy” if you want but the fact of the matter is that with 5,000,000 different compositions on a ranked ladder full of stubborn players was not doable to keep balanced.

And even if it was “lazy”, why is that a bad thing? Making something easier to work around benefits the consumer.

Improvement is something the individual player has to handle. That isn’t Blizzard’s job even during pre-222. 222 just made things easier to keep track of and evaluate for individual improvement.

… but that’s multiple things I listed.

I wouldn’t mind more supports and tanks but they will eventually need to add another DPS.

Every roles deserves to have fresh new gameplay introduced

No hybrids though.

They are really unhealthy for this game.

That is actually the worst idea that I have ever seen on these forums, and that in itself is an excruciatingly low bar. I’m going to go ahead and assume that you’re making a joke that’s going over my head.

Concidering dive was being replaced with double sniper before brig came out, this idea you try are trying to push is uninformed at best.

so it was okay to enforce role que and encumber dps players who were just fine with the game because they weren’t playing comps you deemed acceptable, because “it makes it fair for everyone” but its not okay to enforce wait times on everyone because “it makes it fair for everyone”

please explain that logic???

No it wasn’t. It was worse for players who like to blame everything but themselves. and want others to be forced to play the comps they want.

actually it was quite easy to keep balanced because most people didn’t play meta. Role lock only made meta play harder to balance because it is reinforced by role que.

because it sacrifices player freedom because developers are too lazy to do the actual work.

it didn’t benefit the consumer, it took freedom from them and reinforced meta trends, making it more oppressive to them. Before you could experiment with much more to buck metas, now you are forced to a mirror comp with much less freedom to fight against metaplay.

then why would you try to frame improvement as something objectively better if its a player by player base? Youre contradicting yourself.

the other things are as I said subjective and have not actually been fixed or improved on at all.

I’m a role queue fan. My only complaint is balance. They haven’t worked hard enough to rebalance the game for 2/2/2. It’s still balanced for Goats.

How do we fix queue times? I think start with balance. More people would play tanks if you could actually play the fun tanks like D.Va without being pinballed around and dying quickly.

Another idea for queue times would just be to force everyone to queue up for at least 2 roles. If everyone has to jump in 2 queues then the DPS queue will naturally shrink.

Also, they should consider enabling crossplay, at least for the arcade and QuickPlay. It would increase the playerbase.

1 Like

Wait for those “damn, selfish DPS players” to finally quit the game.

No, I hate it because it fundamentally limits how your team can play the game. It limits strategy, limits countering and limits accountability.

We have yet to see any of the supposed balance we were promised. DPS players have become targets for blame more than ever. You’re still at the mercy of the matchmaker and whether or not you get the luck of the draw teammates that are willing to work together for 10 minutes.

This has made the game worse, not better. Streamers are smurfing more so they can get more than 1 game per hour, if not quitting altogether. The supposed “players will return because the game was so bad” have turned around and left because the game still has many fundamental issues, this included.

Toxicity: Up

Frustration: Up

Balance: What balance?

Role prison is the beginning of the end.

So your saying me solo healing 5 dps in a match i que into is fair?

A large influx of new fun to play supports and tanks to lessen the gap between dps supports and tanks

Another part is the balance hasnt happened yet for 222 and a lot of characters arent there yet

1 Like

If you think 222 structure took freedom away this must be the first team game of any kind you ever played.

Imagine if football just gave you a ball and said go nuts. There would be no linemen, kickers, punters, no kickoff.

Your problem is that you just want a solution that benefits YOU and not one that helps the community. For all that play paladins or cod

1 Like

Unfortunately, that would be unfair to console players unless it was only cross play amongst other consoles. Being accurate is alot easier on mouse and keyboard.

But thats not the worst idea.

1 Like

No, but neither is you having a 2 minute que time while dps have a 15 minute one, so if we are forcing things on players for the sake of fairness you should have to wait the same time DPS do to play.

Nope I played a lot of team games.

But objectively speaking, freedom was taken.

No I want a solution that still allows players freedom.

YOUR problem is you want everyone to only be able to play the way YOU deem acceptable.

1 Like