Idea for Queue Times

So I was thinking about a way to help with queue times that would help both encourage people to play other roles as well as reduce leavers.

It’s pretty simple actually, allow there be a preferred role when queuing up and have the queue actually save your spot in line through each match you play. The way this would work is a person would select dps as their preferred role, but then let them also select tank or support. Obviously, the other queues would pop first, however you would keep your place in line for a dps spot and when the match ends, your next round would be as dps. Of course your current matches would out last the queue, so it could go to the next person, but you would still be at the front of the line when your next match starts.

In addition to people getting to play the actual game more (even if not their preferred role) more people playing other roles would reduce the queue times in general. Finally, if you leave a match early, or even if you leave after a match has ended, you’re removed from the queue. I have no idea why people leave after matches end anyways when it’s been confirmed that it doesn’t help in any way, and now with role queue probably makes your queue even longer.

Let me know what you guys think and if this makes sense. Would you be willing to play one game as a tank/support knowing your next game is pretty much guaranteed to be as dps? Heck, this might even be the way it works already and they just never told people so people are stupidly leaving after the end of each match. :slight_smile: