2-2-2 Ruined Adaptability

For the 1000th time…

QUICK PLAY CLASSIC IS AVAILABLE IN ARCADE

(And especially since you say that you don’t care about the Competitive environment of the game)

I’m not that great at overwatch and mainly play with my sister and friends BUT i agree that the 2-2-2 has kind of ruined the game. They are encouraging 2-2-2, but I just tried to play a game and it said I couldn’t play support because of ranks, even though all 4 of us weren’t ranked?

Also it ruins the flexibility of the game, no more being able to triple tank, or swapping roles part way through. Definitely not into role queue at all.
P.S. I just waited 7 minutes for a game because of requirements prior to joining.

no 2-2-2: everyone forced to play goats.

with 2-2-2: lots of setups being run.
And is much easier to balance. So even more setups valuable after the next big balance patch.

Honestly if it weren’t for this, it’d be something else. Something is always ruining the game. And I don’t mean “ruining” it, I mean legitimately ruining it.
One way or another, matches are gonna be bad.

Just an off topic question? What were your end ratings at the end of last season? Could you 4 group together at the end of last season? And was this for all of you your first placement match(you can drop/raise a lot during placements)

The reason why i am asking this: I think they used the old account ratings as start SR for each role. So your first placement match you start on your old account SR on each role.
Then use role MMR(with the collected data) so people will drop or raise faster during placements.
I think this is the reason why so many people are ranked wrong on some of their roles.(a gm dps, is not also gm on tank role) But of course cant prove it yet.
If you couldn’t play together at the end of last season, and also not now, my theory is probably right.

I used to be against role queue for the exact same reason. Now that it’s here, I’m EXTREMELY for it. A couple reasons:

1. No one wants to try to play OW seriously. I mainly use the LFG function, but I did solo queue just to see what it was like. It wasn’t a competitive game. Adaptability means nothing in a COMPETITIVE environment. You’re supposed to be trying to win, not just dick around.
  2. It makes it easier to balance, so you don’t get heroes like Brig, who, despite what a lot of people on the forums think, was straight trash outside of GOATS. Her ult was meh for a secondary healer, and her heals weren’t good enough to be anywhere close to a main healer. Now with role lock, they can balance things more easily.
  3. DPS get to play the game more. Even with the “long queue times” (10 minutes isn’t that bad) you get to play the game in at least a semi-coordinated environment with enough heals and tanking to make things work.
  4. You can win a game of OW with anything. Doesn’t mean you should, and doesn’t mean that it should even be allowed. The dev team chose to make a call for the majority of the playerbase (and I was adamantly against it until I saw they did role queue properly). Remember, most people playing this game and caring about it play comp. We want comp to function well. I don’t solo queue much, but I definitely want my solo queue friends to have a decent ranked experience.

If you can play up to plat then congrats! Welcome to my team. I dont care how you play as long as you play at my rank.

u lost me at 5dps is refreshing

sadly, there are a number of unanswered questions about whether qp classic will truly be equivalent to current qp, including but not limited to whether it will be permanently available. If it isn’t permanently available, statements like the above fall flat

No one was ever forced to play goats, with the possible exception of paid professionals

the very few comps I see in Forced Queue are already beginning to grow stale

THIS PROFILE IS CURRENTLY PRIVATE

Uh yeah. Im also the president of this world, so dont jump to coclusions but Im like right and stuff.

Ps. stopped reading after the beginning and checking that you have a private profile. You claim things you could easily proof, but you dont. I have strong assumption that you will make claims you dont have proof for in the rest of the post as well.

It didn’t ruin adaptability. It removed some options. But it did this for everyone, so it’s not like it’s unfair. Now you have to adapt within your role and with your playstyle on your hero, which is arguably even harder and more of a challenge than just being like “we’re losing so I’m gonna swap from main tank to dps” which would usually mess your team up anyway (not saying you did this exactly, but this is basically the complaint people have).

I feel like people just liked being able to swap roles in game so they didn’t have to stay on tank if it wasn’t going well. But most of the time that would just mean someone else needed to cover you for changing

s/IS AVAILABLE/will be available/

Since Quick Play hasn’t released as 2-2-2, QP Classic isn’t out yet in the Arcade. I believe Jeff said it would be permanently available in the arcade. But I can’t remember if it was in the interview, or the dev video.

Ya a d by doing so you have turned the main healers job into a living hell because now they have to try and do the job of two healers with just one, trying to make sure nobody dies, so now you maun healer is stressed out to the max

this post is another great argument for private profiles, and the fact that they are set by default

It will be both an exact equivalent of current Quick Play and a permanent game mode in Arcade, as the devs themselves have confirmed.

You can now rest your worries.

Yes, sorry for the mistake it will be available when Season 18 of Competitive Play launches on September 1st.

And as you said, it will be a permanent game mode as the devs themselves have confirmed.

IIRC people that I knew in high Diamond+ or people that decayed/dropped to gold/plat were constantly complaining about how everyone is always playing goats in higher brackets. This was a little bit prior to Sombra being used by professionals. In diamond- you didn’t really see it, in fact people meme’d on you if you wanted to goats. It was weird, considering how easy of a strat it is to execute and play well with.

Are they removing mystery heroes as the perma?..

I know of no such confirmation, and I have been looking for it

It’d be great to have a link

I’m a support / off-tank main. I have been looking for these types of posts for days now, but I have been VERY surprised that there aren’t more. I think competitive role lock is the nail in the coffin. I am equally depressed and actively looking for something else to play because the game is literally ruined now. Quite nearly every single game in competitive is horrendous and terrible. I play more because I feel like somehow I must be wrong…but this is utterly awful. I will be playing something else if they do not fix it soon.

1 Like