2-2-2 is here, time to bring back mass rez?

She isn’t engaging enemy, while being evasive. That’s her niche: helping team without having to do anything with enemy team. Unless you really want to taunt them or give them some target practice.

No flying around, simply hovering with Valkyrie a bit behind team works wonders, with corner being close, in case someone tries to shoot.

…Okay, you need a dictionary. Lemme help you.

To engage someone (as per google): participate or become involved in.

“organizations engage in a variety of activities”

synonyms: participate in, take part in, join in, become involved in, go in for, partake in/of, occupy oneself with, throw oneself into; More

If Mercy is hiding in a bush and willingly letting her team die, she is not engaging the enemy. If Mercy is involved in combat and is being evasive in combat while healing her team mates, she is engaged. If Mercy is actively participating in the encounter, healing her team, taking cover if under heavy fire, and flying around, she is engaging the enemy. That’s the whole point.

I know a change is probably not going to happen, I can already see fire just from mention of the word “mass” alone. If they were to change something to make it a bit more interesting, it’d probably be implementing BIG main little chains. Just trying to be a bit optimistic. Feel free to disagree.

1 Like

That is actually true, the old argument for Mass Rez is that it take higher skill to sleep a mercy just to shut down a game changing Q button. But if we look at how oppressive sombra’s emp is and how low of a skill floor to use brig’s cc ability, we could make a case that mass rez will work since OW has changed so much in the past 2 years.

2+2+2= 6 years of individuals who will forever keep bringing the subject back of mass ress wouldn’t it?

Link: The Dodo Compromise Mercy Rework v2

1 Like

Ironic.

In a world of 2-2-2, I could see Mass Resurrect coming back, to the way it was before it was reworked into Valkyrie.

Don’t tell me to swap off Widow,
Coolbreeze

1 Like

It’s supremely ironic that you would point out this difference, when in the very next sentence you lump in all Mercy 1.0 players as

What about when the Mercy player’s gamesense told them that enemy ults were about to go off in the center of their team? What about when they realized that the fight had reached a point their base 60hps healing was being overwhelmed, and the only form of burst healing in Mercy’s kit is Rez?

The appropriate response in both situations is to remove yourself from the line of fire, so that Mercy could survive long enough to use the only fallback in her kit.

When all you’ve got is a hammer, everything else looks like a nail.

When all you’ve got is a Rez…

To this very day, Mercy has always had the lowest healing-per-target out of all the main healers. That makes it much easier for her teammates to end up in pear-shaped situations, like getting torn up by damage faster than Mercy can heal it.

Mercy is the ONLY main healer with no secondary source of healing (aka “emergency heals”) (e.g. Ana nade, Moira orb) in her base kit. Rez has to be jury-rigged to fit that duty.

She’s also the ONLY one with no “emergency utility” to proactively shut down burst damage (e.g. Sleep Dart, Immortality Field). Again, Mercy has to jury-rig her ressurect to do the job.

This is a huge reason why Mercy 1.0 mains kept asking for an E ability. Rez had to wear so many hats, that Mercy players had no choice but to use it as their solution to anything that went wrong.

(By the by, this is another reason I don’t like the concept of Rez on E. Having to resort straight to rez in times of trouble is a tactic I wanted to get away from, but the devs decided to reinforce it, instead)

When your only available backup plan requires you to be the last survivor, you go from “everyone’s fine, we got this” to “things are going to hell in a handbasket, time to set up for Rez” with the speed of flipping a light switch.

I would have liked to see how adding a “midfight E” (NOT REZ) to Mercy 1.0’s kit would have influenced player behavior. Having a contingency plan when 60hps wasn’t enough - something that would have allowed Mercy to stay in the fight, instead of having to back up for Rez whenever anything went pear-shaped - could have made a lot of difference.

2 Likes

Didn’t lump anyone in with anything. I said there is a distinct difference between the two actions. No where did I say anyone was guilty of performing either action. Using “A Mercy” as an example for the sake of context is not lumping anyone in with anything.

1 Like

How about just remove resurrect altogether? That would be better.

1 Like

This would not be considered better by many Mercy players, myself included

Personally I think it’d be healthier.

Understood.

For many other players, it would not be considered healthier or better

I bet for many players, it would be better or healthier.

again, understood…as I have stated, for many others, it would not be considered better or healthier

You also stated that for many Mercy mains it wouldn’t be healthier. I’d say, for anyone not maining Mercy, it would be. I read you though.

What brings you to that conclusion?

Res as a cooldown ability has overall caused nothing but trouble, but ressurect as an ultimate never really caused any problems until it was overbuffed with i-frames.

2 Likes

Mercy players really are scary.

Res as a cooldown ability has never to my knowledge ever caused any issues in the game

Mass rez was imho the very worst ability ever added to the game, and I am very glad the devs removed it

Bro. This is the lowest-effort bait I’ve ever seen from you.

4 Likes