2-2-2 Ended it all

This is your opinion, the majority of the playerbase demands 2-2-2. Even in OQ ppl get salty if its not the usual pickup (and rightfully so).

It should and would have been way easier to balance in 2-2-2 from the scratch, rather then having no clue how and where to settle the anchor point for balancing. Shame they saw that way to late.

2 Likes

Enough times in Comp where the game wasnt pleasant, nor competitive.

1 Like

not at all

it is factual

again…if 222 were actually “needed”, then it’d be impossible for the thousands upon thousands of role-less queue matches being played as I type this and as you read this to be played at all

I have seen this claim many times on these forums

I have never seen a valid source of data that actually supports this claim

I assume by this that you mean they get salty if the composition of the team isnt 222

I play almost exclusively in role-less queue mode matches, and I only very rarely hear someone complaining if the arrangement isnt 222.

I don’t see anything rightful about it at all

From my point of view, if one demands to play a 222 match, one should select a 222 mode

from my point of view, it is a shame they departed from the original vision of the game, moving away from the game we paid for as advertised, violating one of the most baseline of the principles of the game

1 Like

Learn to read and comprehend.

Original vision was a disney paradise land, where people would fill and switch. Instead people abused onetricking, instalocking, and refused to switch or play anything else then their heroes of choice. Thats the reality. And that is why u dont leave choices to the playerbase in a competitive environment.

1 Like

putting the personal attack aside for the moment, I am fully versed in the english language and in this game; and the statement I attempted to verify was (and still is) unclear, even after re-reading multiple times.

Perhaps you can state whether my interpretation is correct, or correct it if it is not?

I dont see the necessity of removing player choice, as players can compete regardless of the character(s) selected.

I would very much like to be able to play the game I (and all buyers) were promised

2 Likes

Open Queue + and QPC is available 24/7 for people like you. Go play your heart out in these awesome modes!

The first multi tank comps started showing up after Ana was released, because she made it possible for the first time. The 2016 quad tank meta would not have been possible without Ana’s bionade, and that’s before Moira or Brig came onto the scene.

Ana is not the sole offender for heal creep these days, but her impact on the game was the original instigator for gutting defensive abilities and over-tuning offensive ones.

2 Likes

Yes and then Bap and Moira came in as new Main supports and then they took over, Ana was being played with multi tank because there was no massive AOE healing until Bap Brig Moira.

??? What point are you trying to make here?

1 Like

Remember when this was just about rolled out and they discovered that Brig armor bug that was making her OP? And was likely contributing to GOATS.

But then rolled out the new changes anyway :neutral_face:

Also: Open Queue is decent, it feels more like how the game should be.

2 Likes

Keep carrying that torch for OQ despite the majority support. Its coming to OW 2 as 1/2/2 too. Really, its 2021, its time to accept it and move on.

inb4 “We DoN’T KnOwZ WhAt DeyZ wULlZ DooZ” :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Role q didn’t need to be the rule imho if the meta includes all roles
But for ladder & qp imho it’s essential as an option at least

putting aside the personal attack/insult for the moment…

while they are available, the two role-less queue modes are not equivalent to their supposed 222 counterparts

as such, one is not a true substitute for the other

tho the claim of a majority is frequently made here on these forums, no one has ever offered me valid data to support this simple numerical claim

if you know of any valid data that supports this claim, feel free to provide me a link

it isn’t essential, nor has it ever been, because the game is now and has always been playable with teams composed of ANY of the available characters

2 Likes

Sure they are. Exactly what u and all the dreamers and yay sayers want, a free to choose game mode, no actually two!!!, choose whatever your heart desires. The game devs heard your wishes and enabled it. Go play it day and night!

1 Like

given the continued insults and personal attacks, I wont be responding to you further in this thread

but as a final clarification: the 222 modes and the supposed equivalents in role-less queue are different in many ways aside from the queuing differences. The queuing differences should be the ONLY differences, but their are not the only differences

1 Like

My point is that you’re wrong when you’re saying that Ana is what enables multi-tank comps like Goats. Ana was never in Goats.

1 Like

Its reality face it. If it weren’t Blizz would have opted out of it long ago. There’s your precious data.

2025 will come and the same people will be saying “no, no one likes RQ, its just foisted on us” :roll_eyes:

1 Like

none of what is described in the statement quoted above amounts to data that supports the claim that was made

1 Like

2025… what will you say then? Its just a sham? The devs know everyone likes OQ but force 1/2/2? Come on…

RQ is a fact of life, enjoyed by a clear majority. If it weren’t, in desperation Blizz would have removed it long ago. They haven’t and show no signs of doing so. This denial is a bit like flat-Earthers by this point…

1 Like

again, this is not data that supports the claim that was made

I’d like to see the data supporting this.

It is fairly simple data, structure-wise - two possible answers to a single question, summarized with what percentage of those answering said question chose each given option

but nonetheless, I’ve not seen anyone produce it or point to it, including this side discussion

so for now, in the absence of supporting data, it remains an oft told and highly popular but yet entirely unsupported story…not unlike the Loch Ness Monster and suchlike

they’ve made multiple attempts to replace it or ameliorate the damage it does to the game…unsuccessfully. It is clear to me Blizzard would like to move on from it

a satisfactory replacement must exist

there is little desire on the part of any for-profit enterprise to exit the fire only to end up in the proverbial frying pan

Not at all

First and foremost, there is no denial. Rather, a claim is made (and keeps getting made over and over and over again, seemingly ad infinitum), and when the claimant is asked for valid data supporting said claim, none is forthcoming

Second – with the implied personal attack/insult acknowledged – Flat Earthers make a claim for which there is published, established, verified, and publicly available information that utterly overturns said claim. So this - what we are discussing now - is an entirely different scenario, very nearly an opposite one.

1 Like