$19 for OLD event skins

It is.

They should just look at it this way :

If you remove the BP and skin bundles from the store, what’s actually new with this update… ?

3 heroes, a few new maps and a game mode that was ready since 2019… That’s a bit scarce to justify this aggressive monetization where two skins are the same price as an entire new game with 21 heroes in 2016…

7 Likes

It must be hard being wrong all the time, I can’t imagine how ridiculous it is to keep up the guise of being excited anymore when there literally is no reason to be.

3 Likes

Honestly, make it make sense. How did we even get here? $40 got us a full game, 21 heroes on launch I think 15ish maps on launch, 4 game modes, and 100s of skins* from just buying the game at full price.

And now, 2 legendary skins cost the same amount? In no universe does this make sense or is acceptable under any circumstance unless you’re truly weird.

*Well 100s of skins to earn but you could still get them for free over time.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind all of this if only there was a lot of new content but there’s not.

I knew all along I would be disappointed with this update. The bare minimum would have been to get 8 new heroes Day One (which is not even 1/3 of the entire OW cast), and at least 3 new game modes with new maps…

But I knew we wouldn’t get that as soon as I’ve learned about the F2P business model and understood that’s what took them so long to release (creating that many skins sure takes a lot of time).

4 Likes

It took them 3 years to just cook up the most anti consumer model imaginable is basically what I can see today. They truly don’t care and I bet anything the PvE will be so hollow that none of this waiting will have been worth it.

4 Likes

PVE will sure be something close to the PVE on Diablo Immortal with tons of microtransactions to boosting progress (and F2P - no point in making it P2P and not tempt players with boosters once they start playing PVE). I’m calling it.

No way there’s a friendly business model for PVE when you see they’re capable of doing this for PVP :

3 Likes

quote me twisting what you say. give me two examples of this and explain, if possible, how i’ve twisted it. how is my representation different to what you said? line up your posts with my response. an A* answer would demonstrate what my response might look like if i didn’t twist things.

i think you’ll find that i quoted you directly and responded to what i quoted. i’m not gonna sit here and address everything you say line-by-line, not sure if you’re familiar with something called summarizing? disregarding irrelevant pieces of text? sorta the digital equivalent of using a highlighter (you know what that is right) and putting together a summary of what you just processed?

i should hope so. someone needs to use their brain around here

o rly?

i’d suggest it’s actually the other way around. i don’t need to find the 7 terms that i need to memorise for my practice paper (don’t think “fake news” will be on there i must admit) and write them as often as i can, even when the example i’m associating with them is shoddy at best. try different methods :+1:t4:

oh so you do want me to walk through things line by line. right. me citing someone on the boards doesn’t automatically translate to using their opinion in place on my own. especially when i told you the reason why i linked it, and the reason isn’t “someone else did thinking hehe”

i found said post because you believed DeadlyPants had an agenda. i showed you a post from someone who doesn’t post as much negativity/hot takes but is equally put off by recent monetisation. DP isn’t the only “doomer” or person in general who feels this way, and i don’t always agree with their methods, but i understand why they post what they post. as i told you, the picture is bleak. nobody needs to do much to make it worse. outside of the forums and influencer circles, the reception for OW2 is cautiously optimistic at best. that wasn’t brought about by “bandwagoning” or hate campaigns, although i don’t doubt their existence, that was brought on by the poor reputation bl has earned.

i just addressed this. moving on swiftly…

this is all good and well but i’m gonna need examples of the BS-

oh. okay. i guess you didn’t have any.

stay in school hun xx

1 Like

I remember before I jokingly said Blizzard may charge $10 for a basic ability and $20 for an ult in PVE skill trees. Now I think they will actually do it.

2 Likes

This monetization is really crazy but in the end it will work out for Blizzard. Whales will buy the shop empty in a few days and profit will be immense because of the high prices. They got away with it in all the CoDs and especially Diablo Immortal (huge success in their eyes because insane profit).

Sorry to break it to you but: money has immensely much higher value than fun and enjoyment.

2 Likes

Leveling up will most likely be all about grinding repeatable (and soon boring) missions on a daily basis (with challenges close to the ones we saw on the PVP Battle Pass).

I guess players will be tempted to buy boosters to getting talents faster and accessing more interesting missions sooner so yeah I agree with your statement. it may cost a lot of credits / money.

It could even be worse if they use the same system as on certain PVE mobile games where you have a certain real time cooldown to reset your attempts to play difficult missions which can be reset with boosters (that you pay with money).

That brings me back to when I used to play The Walking Dead : Road to Survival and spent (lost) more than a thousand dollars. Those games can hook you like crazy. Glad I’ve learned from my past mistakes.

1 Like

DoNt LiKe iT DoNT bUy :clown_face:

8 Likes

How so? :thinking: :upside_down_face:

I think it should all be capitalised and I think then you nailed it

It would only be brain damaged behavior if it doesn’t work, which it will.

1000%.

I do not see anything being friendly anymore. Why bother when you can just swindle people who choose not to think on a regular basis? Why make an actual game when you can just make a money printing machine instead because enough people are either shills, addicts, or with a disorder of some kind that can all be preyed on without fail basically.

4 Likes

So, usually a few things are expected when you pay for a box price game. Even in something like Call of Duty Cold War, which is monetized to hell and back, I had operators I could unlock by completing simple and fun challenges. For Woods, it was something like “Get 5 kills in a row without dying 5 times”, so it felt like I was a part of the game, and not just a credit card to be swiped for a character I wanted.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m pretty sure there were characters you exclusively had to pay for, but the fact that there were also a number of characters that were unlockable by literally simply playing was nice.

And I don’t mean simply playing like “Play 250 matches to get enough exp/points to unlock the character!”, I mean back to basics stuff like “complete this challenge”.

Oh, and you could use those characters in Zombies mode, too. Woods had some great lines when using one of the Monkey bombs, and that’s about as much fan service as I can ask for.

Simply put, its up to us to make the games from now on. We need to make things by gamers for gamers, and while we may never reach Activision Blizzard levels of clout, we’ll easily carve our own piece of gaming history, and have a respectable fan base that we’ll actually listen to in a healthy way.

2 Likes

I sometimes hate that gaming has become so mainstream just because of predatory business models that do no care about what video gaming is all about (was born in the 80’s btw).

Can’t wait for our society to become more ethical so these schemes are forever banned (could take decades but more and more people are realizing capitalism is getting out of hand).

3 Likes

Kotick always said he’d suck the soul out of making video games.

OW was the last Bastion at Blizzard and now here we are, it’s all crumbled down for good.

2 Likes

At this point I would do it myself if I could, I am so utterly exhausted from just the past 2-3 weeks alone. I just want to see games being made for gamers again and not to line up the pockets of the suits.

Diablo Immortal and CoD thrived this model.

thats why its in all games from now on from AVB.

they are basically trying to be EA

1 Like