15 bucks for this is a SCAM

Overwatch would have gone in several directions. The most notable comparisons I can make are…
Warframe.
Borderlands.
DRG.

Warframe maps are pretty lifeless. However, it lets you face off against a bunch of enemies in a semi open format.
Borderlands goes in on the chaos, large health pools, and ability play. Carried by dialogue as you play.
DRG goes in on the horde shooter element.

Of these games, OW is most closely resembling Borderlands, but in a a L4D2 style linear map progression.

Sadly, the freedom of borderlands was its open style world.
The bonus of DRG was its truly randomized experience where every playthrough was truly repeatable.

OW PvE sadly limits itself to the more CoD style where campaign is played a few times, but ultimately sidestepped for the PvP experience.

The word “scam” or “illegal” or “fraud” has been overused in this community to the point where it’s just synonymous with “I don’t like it” rather than what these words actually mean.

It’s beyond juvenile. It’s $15, if you don’t like the content (or disagree with the content), don’t buy it. It’s really that simple. Quit while you’re at it, you’ll make more of a statement by taking a tick off of the player count than misusing the words you chose to use.

1 Like

Is $15 too much for them though? Some people, myself included, have no use for coins, whether it’s to buy the battlepass or a skin.

If you got it effectively for $5, that’s great for you. But for some people, it’s $15 for those missions and nothing else they’ll use. And while I don’t think a dollar per hour rate is a good way to look at media, I will say that I don’t think the Archives events I’ve played before would be worth $15 for 5 total hours of playtime with no real replayability to me personally.

3 Likes

Then “It’s only $20”
Then “it’s only $25”
Then “it’s only $30”
Then “it’s only $35”

etc. etc. Why can’t I buy the PVE missions by themself without any stupid coins? Because Blizzard. It’s scum marketing. Oh you want this banana? Well, you gotta buy a chocolate bar with it. This is stupid.

3 Likes

You seemed to have missed the rest of the quote that addressed your point.

Don’t buy it to make a point, or quit to make an even bigger point.

Sheep will be sheep. Some people quitting quietly doesn’t make any actual difference.

2 Likes

It makes a bigger difference than you would care to admit.

Don’t buy the PvE, it makes a statement. Don’t play the game, makes a bigger statement.

Circling back to the main point, the word “scam” is a misnomer.

1 Like

i dont want to play devil’s advocate buuuuut
if you bought the “pve” pack after seeing everything that has happened since OW2 launch…

you walked right into that one chief.

Overwatch’s mistake was being paid with everything free within the game.

If it was free from the beginning with this monetization system, nobody would complain.

The game will only go forward when first of all, remove that number 2 in front of the name.

2 Likes

I hate the stupid argument I keep seeing over and over in response to people not liking the monetization in this game.
“Just don’t buy it if you don’t like it”

We’re allowed to complain about stinky garbage.

1 Like

wdym, this was the best approach lmao

I wouldn’t bother talking to Trando on any topic. They’re a contrarian. They disagree to disagree. I have never seen them agree with anything on the forums even once.

You’re allowed to complain, nobody is saying you’re not allowed to complain.

The argument of “don’t buy it if you don’t like it” is an extension upon that. You’re being encouraged not to participate in something you disagree with.

It’s also why I keep encouraging that you (koboldoggo) leave the game and the forums (every time I see a post about leaving for good from you), because all you’re doing is interacting to a product you despise and keeping the machine turning against your best interests and stated desires.

This isn’t nice, constructive or true my friend.

There, you can’t lie anymore lol

I’m fine with it. at least it ain’t “muh exwusivee” and everyone has access to it.

Can’t say they didn’t try.

$15 is the cost of Battlebit Remastered.

Go buy that instead

1 Like

I bought Borderlands 3 and all its DLC for $12.50 a month ago, when I get the urge to play some FPS PvE I’m going to ask my friends to reinstall it and give it a go with me.

2 Likes

While i agree its very mid. I assume most of the time was spent on the hero talents which has all been scraped.

Yep.

Apparently you can’t even queue for pve atm. Already a dead mode. No one cares that Flats & Co. did legendary as a group of superfriend nolifes. Nice vod, but that’s not the reality of solo queue or people looking to play OW without a proper LFG.

There isn’t even access to this PrEmIuM content. Queues are just too long + backfill with bots. Take money at ripoff $15/90mins rate, and not even offer playability with actuals within a reasonable timeframe and/or hosting.

Nice scam. 150k downvotes. Review bombed or not, this director with their chatGPT blog posts was on watch during those 150k negatives. Where is the accountability?

2 Likes

Yeap, true that you cant find a single soul and all is filled with stupid bots.

1 Like