We criticise because we love this game

Unironically based.

1 Like

OW was like a drug when it first came out… now 7 years later and OW2 can’t give us the same high. It never evolved and nearly every way that counts has became a worse product all together.

The day another AAA studio comes out with a similar hero shooter to OW would truly be the day OW2 dies while Blizzard stupidly treads water. Season 6 they touted to be the biggest season ever 2 weeks in I’m already bored lol.

The game itself is fine, the matchmaking is the worst in human history. That’s why they have 1 billion negative reviews on steam, no one can stand this matchmaking, and yet they never fix it. It’s such a trash system, they force losses upon you and when you’re done deranking 2 ranks at least, it still continues to give you trash. Forever a sh!t system.

I don’t know if you are implying me or not, but I feel like you have a bit misunderstanding. Cuz nobody ever tried to hide their disdain to overwatch ever, no matter what platform. so

I feel like you are a bit detached from the reality here. Cuz nobody needs to masquerade or hide anything, (if I understood you correctly).

Exactly, but these people think we hate the game and tell us to “quit”

I mean everyone should hate Blizzard, they suck, but the game was good and has the potential to be so again if they fix it.

It dosent matter blizzard as a whole killed their game not just bobby.

I’m referring to anyone who’s participating in or in support of the review ‘bomb’ rather than reviewing with a shred of integrity.

No joke

I’m definitely not.

The general consensus is that the review bomb is legitimate criticism rather than the chaotic derailment it actually is.

I don’t support reviewing it in this particular manner, but even if the scenario went differently, people would still come up to horrible reviews eventually. It doesn’t matter if it happened in a day or a week or in a year. This is the way I think.

I think people disagree with it being a review bomb because it was not an organized attack by a group, and it was natural. It was a mass demonstration of frustration in my eyes. Review bombing is when a product gets bad reviews with organized attack, but I believe almost all the people who rate it very low. Again, this is the way I see it.

2 Likes

Thats just cope from trando tho review bombing is there but, there is constructive criticism by people. Maybe he cant handle negative reviews what a clown.

2 Likes

I heard a lot of people call it review bombing, and I understand that people had hopes for steam launch, but at the same time, I hope people can understand other players frustration as well, even if it was done in such destructive manner. Nobody forced all these people, nobody organized them, it was a natural mass protest.

1 Like

Yeah, only other thing I’d suggest is to make it so that requeueing can’t put you back into that lobby

On that note we can agree

How isn’t it an organized event? There are posts all over the internet inciting the action?

I totally understand reviewing something negatively, I didn’t expect anything less especially from what we’ve all been seeing and participating in for years. It’s the chaotic nonsense reviews (both positive and negative) and the calls for negative reviews (biased incitement) that do the entire thing a disservice.

This must be the first post you’ve seen from me. I recognize and accept the valid reviews (minority constructive criticism) and disavow the review bombing (majority disruption tactic).

I never said anywhere that constructive criticism doesn’t exist, just that the vitriolic incited/organized memeing is diminishing it.

I expected the backlash, the game has been hated by the community that continues to play since it launched. It’s only natural that the game would’ve gotten overwhelmingly negative reviews.

However I never expected a community that loves to simultaneously call out its toxicity and project the intention of fixing it to embody that very toxicity in the most egregious public manner possible.

Even the majority of the positive reviews are terrible. Very little of the total sum of it has any merit whatsoever.

It wasn’t organized in a way that there was a competitor or a centralized attack attempt. Almost all attacks were individual, and they happened all together because people knew the release date and were waiting for them. They were prepared for that, but not organized in a centralized way. And then later, it became a trend, and a lot of people just follow the masses.

That doesn’t mean for a second any other sort of organization was attempted or encouraged though.

Posts have been popping up weeks prior on all public forums inciting, influencing and encouraging people to review in a negative manner.

Let’s look at another example of decentralized organization. Remember the “storm area 51” meme from 2019/2020?

And 90% of them had the unique ‘collective’ idea to ****post the launch of the title independently of each other?

That it was just a spontaneous anomaly that everyone had a **** reference they wanted to post to help “review” the title?

Absolutely not.

It was a trend right off the bat not even later, because people admitted on these forums (any many others) their intent to review bomb the game lol and people virally followed along. Centralized planning doesn’t need to occur in order for something to be considered “organized”.

For an ‘unorganized’ event, ~150k reviews about a ‘dead game’ seems a little disproportionate don’t you think?

Let’s say if 100 of the reviews were planned, still it’s not bombing. Because people are not sheep to just blindly give low score to the game they love. Like I said, you make many people upset, many people can come and give low score. Simple truth.

Also, I already mentioned that steam has review-bombing protection. They will remove negative reviews that are fake, off-topic, or being bombed. They will also tag the game’s reviews, so people can be more sceptical towards the negative reviews.

Overwatch is not in this list. Steam does not recognize it as review bombing.

You can go read through 400+ comments on the Director’s Take article posted on Steam if that helps, Trando.

Lots of people there explaining their actual issues instead of “meme” reviews. Not that you’ll read it or acknowledge it.

Be silent or be loud. The devs / people calling the shots really don’t care.

Is money being made with what they’re currently doing? Yes? Okay, then they will proceed.

Bobby literally went into the Overwatch development area and told them to do stuff. CEOs don’t usually insert themselves directly into game development like this in a company as big as Blizzard is. It’s extremely unprofessional.

Kinda dosent matter game is going to die one way or another.