10 months later, Torb turret destruct still useless

Torbjorn’s ability to destroy his turret early is the most completely useless ability in the entire game.
For those of who are wondering what I’m talking about, Torbjorn can destroy his turret to reduce the cooldown from 10 seconds to 5 seconds.
UNLESS IT’S FIRING AT SOMETHING. IN THAT CASE THE COOLDOWN STAYS AT 10 SECONDS.
IT ALSO DOESN’T ACTUALLY SPEED UP DEPLOYMENT WHEN NOT FIRING BECAUSE YOU COULD JUST REDEPLOY INSTEAD WITH NO DELAY.

This makes Torb’s turret destruction the only ability in the game that is completely 100% useless in every way. It does nothing. It does LITERALLY nothing. There are no situations where it could ever be useful, unless you’re trying to save something like 0.5 seconds of turret redeployment time off a 13 SECOND REPLOYMENT.

Blizzard, please replace this with something else. (The old armor packs would be nice). There should be no ability in the game that is completely useless at all levels of play.

90 Likes

Umm the few times I’ve gotten him on Mystery heroes, if I place a turret in a bad spot and find a better spot, I will self destruct it so I can re-place it

How is that not helpful to you?

7 Likes

Because if it’s not firing you could just press shift to do it instantly. And if you didn’t, your enemies would likely destroy it before you even could, starting the cooldown anyway.

38 Likes

I was not aware you could re-place it after it’s already put down, I thought it was greyed out or something and you HAD to press the interact key to destroy it first

2 Likes

And that’s why the destruction is useless. The fact that you can just skip over it by redeploying instantly when it’s not firing completely defeats the purpose.

14 Likes

Heck, I would like to point out the long cool down for it dying from enemy fire encourages the crappy way to play Torb, babysitting it. The whole rework was poorly done

6 Likes

Do you like how the turret builds itself though? I thought that was a nice change for Torb players so you don’t have to spend 10 seconds trying to get it to level 2 every time

How would you change his kit if you could?

1 Like

Just lose the cooldown penalty if it dies.

It’s secondary to his kit now anyways, like sym turrets, so not being punished for leaving it would be nice

2 Likes

I do like the fact that the turret builds itself. It makes the setup time much less painful. The only thing I’d really change is replacing turret destruction with armor pack. That way Torb can actually have 3 abilities. Even a nerfed armor pack would be nice.

4 Likes

Disagree, sometimes I want to put the turret in a new position but I am still searching for it, I self destruct it in case while I am searching for that spot the turret shoot anyone that time and i get stuck by 10 sec CD.

2 Likes

Maybe self destruct could make it explode for damage?

5 Likes

The turret only gets a 10 second cooldown if it dies or if you destroy it while its shooting. If it shoots at someone, then stops, it has a 3 second “wait period” before you can redeploy.

Yes, but sometimes that time I am searching for spot, enemy find it and keep spraying it so I self destruct so that doesn’t happen.

1 Like

Yeah just a dropping an armour pack that is on a 20 second cooldown, but is perminent armour while be a better replacement.

Honestly, once I learned that you could just got shift instead of destroying it, I was confused because why would blizzard put it in if you really could just redeploy it when it’s done shooting? Unless it’s really in a spot that’s constantly got someone coming into view, watch honestly is almost ideal, it’s pointless

2 Likes

Make it explode with huge AOE damage and knock back. That will teach those pesky flankers not to touch the turret!

2 Likes

im all for that idea. giving armor packs back would be great.

2 Likes

The only bad thing about bring it it back is the Pantheon cheese meta (aka, Old Symm Shields, Brigitte’s Armor Pack and Rally, and Torbjorn’s Armor Pack). I think the reason they removed it is so they can give it to Brigitte since she’s “technically” support.

1 Like

Let’s have the self-destruct unleash a small explosion or something.
Not because it’ll be something he needs but because it’ll be funny.

turret needs a front shield, a 200 hp stationary target is so easy to deal with right now (assuming lvl 3 wont ever come back)

1 Like

when your turrent does 90% of your elems it needs to have restrictions. AI controlled turrets are silly, and shouldn’t be in this game. If you want kills shoot at something yourself, don’t hide in a corner spamming turret heal racking up kills that feed your ult.

2 Likes