10 min DPS wait time in comp

its still asinine to say 80% of the player base is the least important.

you most definitely are not.

this is such an uninformed statement. The “match quality” doesn’t go up because people start playing multiple roles, if anything it goes down because now they are mediocre at all roles rather than a master of one.

overwatch has been on a downward trend since the launch of doomfist, and has never seen a spike in players. Im using trends how they should be used, to predict what would happen.

“losing players doesn’t mean losing players” what are you even talking about?

1 Like

You have no way to know this. None of us do.

1 Like

“mama says stupid is as stupid does” -Forrest Gump

blizzard stock trends, and value in specific game stocks?

Professional analyst being hired to help blizzard figure out what to do about their game state?

twitch numbers constantly going down for the game over the years? OWL numbers going down?

just because the game isn’t showing you numbers, doesn’t mean the obvious indicators aren’t there.

1 Like

You probably feel like most arguments you have are pointless. That’s probably because you twist what other people say into something you can use to make a point that they’re not arguing against in the first place.

I didn’t say this. You just refuse to read/understand. Good luck with that attitude.

complain about issue all you want. but dont suggest reverting a good change back to a trashy old system because you cant wait for 10 mins for a game that gives you 2 tanks 2 dps and 2 heals.

1 Like

Overwatch isn’t Blizzard’s only game, so nope.

Citation please.

Twitch is nothing, and not significant in any way shape or form. If twitch went off tomorrow video games would not suddenly cease to exist.

Overwatch League is its own entity and has no bearing on the games health.

They are only obvious to you, if you are forcing them to be.

1 Like

I don’t, I feel like you try and change what you are saying everytime a point is put against it, or argue semantics of what was said as can be seen here:

instead of addressing the statement you argued what was said. YOU are the one using non arguments, not me.

just like you are doing right here, rather than addressing and countering the points ive made you are trying to write it off, because you cant address it.

again writing things off and arguing what was said rather than addressing the point.

not what he said actually. He said some dps players leaving because they dont want to que with anyone else from another role or because they dont want to play other roles to mix up their experience then they can go right ahead they are not really that needed and they are still a whole ton of other dps players. and dont give me the statement everybody who plays dps will leave. because we all know that wont happen.

ooo ps they made their moneys worth out of you already.

1 Like

The solution is to stop being a selfish jerk and actually be willing to play the tanks and supports every other game instead of insisting on only playing DPS.

Some people are willing to do that and que for multiple roles - these people never get to play DPS.
The only people who get to play DPS are the ones who que for ONLY DPS.
That’s the problem right now.

its the only game that isn’t a massive success right now.

Diablo has had nothing but hype because of D4s anticipated release

WOW classic just made WOW the most popular game in media

HOTS is hiring people back after its fall, indicating the game is in a better state

then theres overwatch, which is cutting content, changing the entire way the game is played, and losing viewership on twitch, with only negative content from content creators for the most part.

ill do you one better. ill show you the job listings.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/insights-analyst-at-blizzard-entertainment-1448113844?refId=bf6efbd2-84c0-414d-9564-6c70240e1b40&trk=guest_job_details_topcard_title

it has been proven that stream numbers directly correlate with game popularity, people aren’t streaming what doesn’t get views or has no player base, there is literally an entire section of twitch to show game trends so content creators can know what to play

If you want more proof just look at WOW, a game that has been out for over 15 years, and when the classic releases and the game skyrockets in popularity, so does its twitch numbers.

are you seriously not smart enough to see that players aren’t watching it if they aren’t playing it?

no they are obvious to people like me who has worked in video games for the past 10 years and understands how to see what is happening to a game.

3 Likes

Well considering the old system did provide me of 2 healers, 2 tanks and 2 dps; whether it’s reverted or kept does not make much of difference to me. also it’s not even 10 anymore, it has increased to 20+ minutes.

First, with the implementation of roleq, playing dps/checking on the dps role is nowhere near selfish and you’re throwing the word around wrongly.

the forums logic actually shocks me. obviously checking for all three roles you’ll get a game of the desired roles. Someone checking for only dps want to only play dps. Stop victimizing where it is not needed?

You are a liar.

None of what you say should be placed in the forums. Everything you write breaks the Forum Code of Conduct.

Never has there been a person so wrong in the history of this forums. Just as I finished my coffee, I am finished with you.

lol I literally posted the proof of it, and since you cant disprove it you resort to calling me a liar? alright my dude. whatever you say.

nothing ive said here is against the CoC either, but what YOU are doing, trying to incite a witch hunt on me by claiming it is, is against the CoC, even if what I said WAS against CoC it is against CoC to witch hunt someone.

You are the only one breaking CoC here.

1 Like

“Blizzard needs to fix this” No they dont, the community needs to stop just maining that role, this has so little to do with blizzard.

When we got role selection this was to be expected everyone should have known this would happen.

2 Likes

If an issue happens at ones company, do you blame the customers and tell them to fix it themselves?

So you’re saying “stop playing what you enjoy”?

It was expected but not to this degree, bud.

1 Like

Really? I’ve had more problems now than before. People are supposedly ranked where they should be but I’m tired of tanks and healers that have 0 gamesense.

Examples :
Sitting at 40 hp in front of an Ana (5 meters away) and her focusing on dealing dmg.

Tanks that stand behind when the team pushes.

This is just 2 examples of stuff that happened extremely recently (the tank thingy happened today 2 times)

1 Like

I actually expected worse. Having played WoW where 3/5 of every dungeon group is DPS and queue times for DPS were still often 25-45 minutes for me, ten minutes is way better than I thought it would be. People really shouldn’t be surprised or upset by the queue times if they wanted role queue at all in the first place.

I mean streamers are waiting so long for one match.

It was to be expected however they need to find a solution.

Depends on how many. Right now It wouldn’t hurt me to lose 10-20% of them.

Blizzard is owned by Activision which is owned by shareholders… They don’t just drop 20% of revenues to fix a problem with the game design.