1.30 patch now online! (New Hero Ashe) - IMPORTANT PATCHING INFORMATION!

Guys, I downloaded the patch but I can play without reinstalling, I’ve played about 1 hour maybe? Should I still reinstall?

Dear Bill,

Earlier I posted a message with my question to set off hero limits v.s. AI. But I noticed myself the message got removed and fully ignored…

Now people barely-never get a single chance to pick Ashe and enjoy her. And since I’m not that mean to instalock heroes, I’ll never get a chance playing her. Literally never. That means no hours for Ashe on my career’s profile & Less fun. I think this situation shouldn’t be a competition who picks a hero faster, but in AI it should be peaceful where any person can play what they want.

And indeed as I predicted, I already see people leaving (mid)-game almost every match because my (called) ‘important’ question is just suddenly removed and ignored & Not taken seriously… In the PTR many people enjoyed playing her because many people could make a costum game vs AI.

It is just AI: So for fun, practicing, enjoying with eachother, and no competition that’s about life, death, winning or losing right…? :frowning: I’m even considering maining her. But yeah… how if I can’t play her by the hero limits? :frowning:

Now the only option having a full chance playing Ashe is in Practice Range… actually… I think I’m not speaking for myself only. I hope atleast someone understand and agree.

However, I’m still so thankfu for all the effort working on this awesome and beautiful hero!! Incredible & amazing work. To me, the best and nicest new hero so far! Blizzard simply deserves respect and love endlessly;; No joke about that.

Kind regards,

Suzie

Thank you for providing this information, I was wondering/worrying what would need to be done for the “reinstall” patch. Glad to hear that it has come to pass and nothing had to be done manually (aka actually uninstalling the game).

So for that, WyomingMyst, thank you a thousand times over.

Can we get technical details as to what was changed in the game client and why it required a full reinstall of the game?

Basically to keep it simple, this patch was designed to consolidate and clean up all of the previous patches since 1.21. Basically each time a game is patched, it adds the data on top of the existing patch, they can’t do this infinitely with each new content update, so there are some patches where they sort of rebuild the game from scratch. Patches 1.21 and 1.13 did this.

As I am seeing feedback from other threads, this is allowing the game to run more smoothly and have faster performance.

HIGHLY UPSET WITH THIS UPDATE BLIZZARD. WTF. I HAVE BOUGHT AND PAID MY HARD EARNED MONEY FOR THIS GAME 3 ON 3 SEPERATE OCCASIONS. ADDING UP TO ROUGHLY 100 OR SO US DOLLARS… IM HOPING YOURE GOING TO TELL ME I DIDNT WASTE MY MONEY ON THESE ACCOUNTS BY FIXING THE ISSUE OF “MY PC NOT MEETING MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS”. my computer has run this game PERFECTLY fine up to this point in time with no complaints. so in short… WHAT IS GOING TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS.??? REFUND? OR LET ME PLAY THE GAME?

Hey everyone, there is an important update for the users who are freezing in game:

Nice job with Ashe, wish we didn’t have the abomination that is Mystery Deathmatch for a whole week so I could actually really test her out.

hi, people.
i want to report Ashe problem.
im gone to the training room to learn how to play with the character.
please everyone who read this, try too.
“reload right before shot” . (the enemy doesnt take the damage)
i tested a lot of times, the animation of hit appears but doesnt have any effect.

this character have a huge potential. Thanks developers!!!

1 Like

I’ve been having issues with the game so far, I already downloaded the PTR but when I launched the game I noticed a couple things are very wonky. For 1, the wheel of commands does not appear in chat for me (or it occasionally does), and the critical hit sound is almost completely gone. Along with the killstreak narration. Is this intended, or do I need to reinstall Overwatch for the update? :00

I would recommend it just to be on the safe side.

1 Like

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Don’t make Brig the new Hog! Please!! Stop nerfing her! If you don’t like a hero, I think you guys should just consider to remove it! cough cough symmetra cough cough

the game runs and everything but it hasn’t done an reinstall or downloaded over 6gbs also i didn’t do the background download they mentioned i paused and never did it so i want to know if something is wrong with my game cuz it didn’t reinstall

I’m assuming there were fundamental changes to the client so that when its ready, the Replay Viewer doesn’t require a major update. Just laying the foundations nice and early

Letz be friends k…

My update took only 32 minutes FeelsGoodMan.

The patch video is a nice touch please make these more visible from the game client, it really beats youtubers taking 10 mins to tell you what this did in under a minute.

I’m sure it’s been explained somewhere, but what exactly did the patch do that required a full reinstall?

I like the patch, better UI, esp. the allied borderline.

You didn’t do the preload of the patch?