đź““ Heroes that need changes

It seems like he’s one of those im always right & everyone else who disagrees with them are wrong kinda posters.

3 Likes

This isn’t realy a discussion starter regarding balance.

Anyways keep bumping the post as you do, both of you.

You mean torbjorn projectiles becoming hitscan??? Are you crazy lol, he’d be a better version of mcree with a turret, 100 armor boost on a 10 sec cooldown and a better ult.
Nerfing steadfast changes almost nothing in the meta really.
If you are really watching OWL you wouldn’t want a symmetra rework (if you are talking about the ones she got or the mercy one, changing abilities like TP and turret would be fine for me), as she is a non throw pick for the first time ever.

I feel like widow isn’t that good right now, ofc it’s annoying to get one shotted, but with dva 3 second boosters widow can be almost a throw pick agains’t a organized team.

1 Like

The only thing i disagree with entirely here is:

In fact, i believe that all Tanks should have this passive, and Orisa’s very similar ability should be altered to provide something else alongside full CC immunity, something… flashy.

2 Likes

As for Mercy, I kinda wish they would put a little version of Valkyrie on cooldown and put Resurrect back to being an ultimate in some very different form. The infamous “dragonblade rez” idea really stuck with me.

I love the Bastion suggestions, great job.

3 Likes

It may be out of date, and a little… rusty… But here’s the original post:
[New year, new Bastion. 🤖]

And as for Mercy, i can see the Rez working only in one way… and that is providing instant resurrections for any number around her (In line of sight), but with a status effect… such as capped health which would be lower than normal.

(Or simply lower health upon return.)

1 Like

I once had this idea too. I don’t know how much would it fit with very mobile tanks like Hammond, D.Va or Winston… That wouldn’t be great for them.

All tanks who don’t rely on mobility could definitely have this, it makes sense for big targets to be pushed around less.

2 Likes

You made the post. Expect people to comment on it. Your arrogance is shocking, and this might be why pretty much no one agreed with your last virtual slam-poem regarding Mercy.

Not only that, but I wrote my own response…which you promptly ignored. Guess you don’t want a discussion unless it’s people agreeing with you, or you telling someone else how they apparently don’t want a discussion.

If you don’t want to play a character that plays like Mercy, there are 6 other healers waiting for you. I get it, you like her looks…but it’s a video game. Take what you have, or pick something else.

2 Likes

As much as some would immediately hate the idea… i personally think some Tanks should be moved to the DPS roster, and vice verse.

Unless you have anything to say regarding the balance changes I proposed, don’t say anything. I’m not here to to talk about your feelings towards me.

Or actually, keep talking. It gains the post visibility.

Who specifically? I don’t really see any of them in the DPS category. They would all need player model size reductions so they can have their health pool lowered… it would imo be a lot of work.

3 Likes

This is the only thing holding me back from actually suggesting it… the player models.

But if we gave all Tanks steadfast, they’d at least be… Tanks.

So i guess i’d much rather see something tweaked such as limiters on mobility, enhancements on certain mobility, and an increase in gravity to all players… and yes i said that.

Too often do i see Tanks like Reinhardt flying miles into the air, and doomfists abusing the skybox.

Oh, and let’s change D,Va while we’re at it.

Boosters and DM are now on the same resource, a much larger one, and infinite as long as it’s allowed to regen.

Why?

A good D,Va would know when to use more of one than the other, and would know how to get the best use out of it…

A bad D,Va would abuse both, and be punished.

1 Like

Stop trying to nerf Rein and Lucio just because people like then and they’re fun, Rein is a tank that now get’s to actually tank some of the CC that’s always flying around. And Lucio is a support that supports his team through speedboost, it’s either useful or it’s garbage. If you want to see more Lucio competition, think of something to compete with speedboost instead of just making it less fun and impactful

2 Likes

Roadhog could very well be a dps, but he’s too big, and I’m not too sure how positive would the community reactions be to Roadhog being 50% smaller to fit into the roster. (no pun intended)

Some realistic properties in this game would be truly welcome, but we have a talking monkey and a giant hamster… ironic.

Doesn’t sound bad, but imo it would be very hard to find a soft spot where the resources wouldn’t be too high nor too low for D.Va to comfortably use the abilities.

I love them both, I prefer this meta much much much more over double shield. Let’s be honest, though. Reinhardt is a little overtuned, and the Lúcio nerf isn’t very drastic. It’s only to reduce the power a little, I find Reinhardt to be quite unstoppable while speed boosted.

2 Likes

Well let’s say she needs to burn DM to block a massive amount of damage, now you’ve basically given her a choice… keep burning it and stay where she is, or take the chance of repositioning and having the resources enough to do so.

And if she does commit, she’s going to be juggling that meter… which means she could easily have her DM faked out, and would give more chances to actually bypass it.

If she burns her boosters, she’d need to be careful of where she’s going, not just diving directly into fire with the full intent of staying there.

It would become up to her how to use her abilities… either one would be strong if she committed to using more of it than the other, but that’s all up to the player.

Right now DM feels like a cooldown ability with extra flashy steps… i’d like for it to almost always be available, with a cost.

Same as her boosters… i’d love it if you could fly from one end of the map to the other… but it would come at a clear cost.

A simple way to balance this interaction is…

Make DM burn the resource much faster than the boosters.
With this in place, she could DM for a few longer seconds and burn it all, or boost for a while… but using too much of one punishes use of the other.

(And by boost for a while, i mean like… 30 seconds of free flight.)

1 Like

This wouldn’t actually be that hard to recreate in the workshop. Let me get on that.

oh I forgot we can’t adjust DM and boosters duration… ok this will be clunky (if it even works…)

1 Like

I also have a whole hero concept that i wish to someday create in the workshop…

(And would love feedback on. >3>)

Sadly i’m horrible with the tool, and can’t even make basic changes.
In case you’re bored and interested in my ramblings:

[Hero Concept: "V" (Big read) 🦾]

fixed it for you, and now this is the only good change in the list, good job

2 Likes

Sorry,but I can’t say I agree with any of those changes.

Sigma: Probably needs a Brigitte style mini-rework instead.
Torb: I don’t know what he needs,but that’s definitely not it.
Baptiste: It would be better if his nerfs to IF and his primary fire were reverted.
Reinhardt: I’m not a Rein main,but 50% to 30% seems a bit much.
Mei: Primary fire nerf seems fair,but the Wall CD? Nope.
Widowmaker: Sure,increase ammo consumption,but revert her recent charge time nerf in return.
Lúcio: I mean,sure,Lúcio tends to be a staple in the meta,but he’s pretty balanced.

Reworks: Bastion is the only hero out of those three that needs one. Sym needs her double shield nerfs + infinite TP reverted and she’ll be fine. In my opinion, Mercy is fine and pretty balanced,so as the say saying goes “if it ain’t broke,don’t fix it”.

3 Likes

Turns out not being able to modify the duration of boosters is a much larger issue than anything when trying to bring this D.va idea to life.

also the freaking inconsistencies… it’s impossible to change the cooldown of DM, but possible with other abilities…

1 Like

Widow should have to reload after each shot, with a longer reload, and not be hit scan. You know, how more competent FPS balance sniper rifles.