š“Ÿš“²š“·š““ Mercy (you can get it)

I remember a World of Warcraft example. Blizzard were involved with motorbike T.V. show and did an in-game event which ultimately led to both Alliance and Horde getting a motorcycle mount event.

The Alliance one didnā€™t seem to have much involvement from the TV show folks, however the horde one did from what I read. So when the TV show folks backed out and had a falling out. It forever put the horde bike into a permanent limbo. You can still buy the alliance motor bike, but the Horde one is never coming back because of how the tv show folks own rights to it.

1 Like

Ive seen some asks here and there for other unavailable skins, actually

I have also suggested that someone interested in these other skins open a thread about them

That is a good blizzcon skin, but they canā€™t pull the ā€˜it would be good for the charity to re-run the eventā€™ card with that one.

Also, Mercy+pink+barbie hair: too much of an appeal for some.

1 Like

It was mentioned before in the thread-that the use of ā€œcharityā€ hides the fact of just selfishly wanting it.

2 Likes

I remember that! I buy the blizzcon pass when it has Overwatch skins in it. Usually theyā€™re locked to the pass, but that was an exception, one which took me by surprise because the assumption is what is in the passā€¦ stays in the pass.

They got a lot of flack over that one and likely wonā€™t repeat the mistake of making blizzcon skins be freebies to everyone else later. It also feeds into why they wonā€™t want to re-run Pink Mercy.

1 Like

With the Demon Hunter skin I think the best way to have solved the rabble was to just simply recolor it for the public release.

That way the Blizzcon attendees got unique skins while everyone else got the other-and the ticket holders had a chance to get another of the goodies. Thought it would have been a win all around.

2 Likes

its not really hidden that well, its not like i believe that they really want to donate to charity, or else they would do it without the skin. you dont really need a ā€œchanceā€ to donate to charity, you can do it RIGHT now.

1 Like

I donā€™t get why people like the pink Mercy skin so much. I got it gifted to me, but the pigtails give me young girl cosplaying on twitch energy. Itā€™s slutty. Then again, maybe thatā€™s the appeal

4 Likes

I agree! I have linked where to where the donation page is.

To me I would have no issue if people just kept the transparency of going ā€œI donā€™t care about the cause I just want the skinā€ or ā€œI just want it for the collectionā€.

But trying hide behind the ā€œitā€™s for a good causeā€ has me completely embittered to people wanting it to come back-cause itā€™s the reason of just wanting the skin

2 Likes

i donā€™t judge peopleā€™s value on how charitable they are, itā€™s such a flawed way to measure.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to know where you came to that conclusion. I donā€™t see any * with small text like the demon hunter sombra had to say it will return in future.

How much more evidence do you need that it will not return. Andy himself said ā€¦

3 Likes

I think the gymnastics was already done - even in this thread:

Because people start to invent ā€œcontextā€ to try to contain the inconvenient truth and make it so that thereā€™s still some possibility ā€œif we assume this, this and thatā€.

Itā€™s the same hysteria as when a girl/a man says you ā€œnoā€ and then you think ā€œoh, but if Iā€™m in the last man/girl on Earth scenario - they would go back to me and weā€™ll create a familyā€.

Thereā€™s no logic to win against this kind of stuff, no amount of arguments will be enough and the very attempt of reasoning in such a debate dooms you to fail. The only way to win such a game is not to play it.

2 Likes

Andy made that statement in reference to someone asking whether pink mercy cosmetics would return for the anniversary remix event. Because some people assumed that it would return given that other limited skins were stated to return during the event.

Andy simply clarified that no, there were no plans for pink mercy to return for the event.

He didnā€™t say the words ā€˜for the eventā€™ but that was implied due to the above and the fact that the thread was about the anniversary remix event.

1 Like

its quite simple, actually ā€“ the original offer period was ending.

all that has been said was/is that there are no plans at this time

plans can and do change, especially with Overwatch, and even more especially with the current CEO departing and Microsoft arriving

1 Like

the other way is to buy it from SCALPERS on the net that are selling it for big dollars.

Players will always argue against exclussive skins, but game companies feed the industry because they want to.

Hindsight is 20/20.

If I made a dozen accounts with BCRF Pink mercy skins. I would be rich.

If I kept my 2 BTC , i would have been SUPER rich.

ā€¦ story of my life.

1 Like

ā€œWe have Pink Mercy at home!ā€

Pink Mercy at homeā€¦

1 Like

ā€œAlexa, play Pink Mercy.ā€

:wink:

2 Likes

Well, account trading is illegal according to the EULA, so itā€™s a risky business. One could buy it only to discover a ban after a while - or worse, the claim of account being stolen. I wouldnā€™t recommend engaging in these schemes.

Thanks for the instructions OP. I did this for Torb and got this.

10/10 would do again for another hero.

6 Likes

My god this skin should be a thing. A consolation prize automatically unlocked after 100 posts in any of the ā€œbring back Pink Mercyā€ threads.