[✅] Should 2CP be less frequent?

I loathe Anubis with a burning passion. That is the only 2CP map I outright despise.

So, no, I don’t think 2CP should be less frequent.

You masochist or soemthin

1 Like

why do you always do the :white_check_mark: in your posts.

I am pretty sure that they just cycle through the maps as games are made, so the only outside factor in randomization is the duration of a map being played.
500 games is a fairly small sample compared to the amount of maps there are.

If you like to draw.

Mostly because I’d like to think devs occasionally read the forums, and it’s eye-catching.

Good amount of very specific stuff I asked for keeps ending up on the game. So either it’s working, or I’m just good at guessing.

1 Like

in competitive 2cp has a higher chance just because Paris & Horizon removed so there are less maps

so I think to make up for it having less maps they upped it, or thats how it feels anyway lol

1 Like

Excluding paris and horizon, I much prefer 2cp to koth, which I find not fun at all. Hell, I get too many koth in a short amount of time, I just close out the game and dont play for a week.

I definitely think so. They are the most team based oriented modes. They should have been reworked post 2018 but definitely shouldn’t have existed imo post 222.

Independent play!

I think 2CPs are designed to mimic defense games with old defense heroes like Bastion, Junkrat, etc.

But I think the concept of defense heroes were hard-failed. They are just considered niche heroes and played by some one tricks, except for snipers.(Distanceless oneshottability was/is op in this game.)

There are highgrounds and walls, so people can play some FPS games there and some maps are actually very good, but with the failure of defense heroes, 2CPs are somewhat pointless IMO.

Some things are simply the logical conclusion, but eh, who knows

I think it should be more often because you don’t like it.

Joking aside (sorta) I think it should be an even balance. If you don’t like it then just stop playing. If all these so called 2CP haters stop playing and it makes a big enough impact then maybe Blizz will do something. If there really aren’t as many 2CP haters are these forums make it sound then nothing will be done.

Stop shouting how you hate 2CP and do something, stop playing the game. I on the other hand will keep playing because I don’t mind them.

Is 2CP the generally least liked mode? Yeah

Does that mean we should just remove it? No, it rounds out the game’s modes and allows people to practice skills or strategies that might otherwise be difficult to fathom in other modes.

Making people think is always good and something shouldn’t be removed simply because a majority dislikes it. Otherwise, we would’ve ejected Bastion, Mei, Pharah, and more from the game a long time ago.

If something is to be removed, there needs to be a grounded reason beyond emotional response. This is why Paris and Horizon were removed from comp. Those two maps have legitimate design issues that harm the integrity of the game, Paris moreso.