✅ Shooting DoubleBarrier = UltCharge

It can be adjusted, but the intention here is for the tank to spend the dark blue barrier HP to approach on engagement, while the light blue is a back up always available, eventually when a team fight starts barriers are gonna either have lower HP or let it break to get more HP.

I dunno, letting your barrier break should be something that punishes you, not rewards you

But make it so when it breaks the dark blue regens first

Order from right to left:
Dark blue / light blue

Light blue receives damage first, but can regen if you retreat it, dark blue receives the damage later and only regen after broken.

So if your barrier takes too much damage and it consumes the dark blue HP it won’t get it back until it’s broken, it will get back the light blue though.

I think you’re trying to fix a problem that doesn’t exist.

Really only if that offtank utility is burning down barriers.

But again, if the complaint is making DoubleBarrier still useable, there’s some percentage number between giving 1% of the damage as UltCharge and 100% of the damage as Ult charge that would make DoubleBarrier equivalent to SingleBarrier.

It’s a nice little dial you can tweak until it’s just right.

What if off tanks like roadhog have an extra %damage against barriers?

1 Like

Ultimately I’m trying to fix the problem of Queue Times.
And AnchorTanks being more interesting and fun is the answer.

But this whole “Rein or Lose” problem is getting in the way. As well as the “you could buff barrier tanks, but then it’s too much barrier”.

So it’s a problem that would exist if you fix the other problems.

I’m searching for a way to fix like 4 problems at the same time.

5-10% ult charge might have been possible, 50% would just be ridiculous. You require 0 aim to shoot a barrier, so heroes like Genji would basically be getting their ults for free.

I honestly think the best way to solve Queue times, Double barrier, and tank balancing is simply to make 1-3-2 official,

with 1-3-2:

• You have one tank to choose, the chance that one tank checks out all the boxes necesary is very low

• It balances out with our current role demands

• Prevents double barrier cuz u can only have one tank at a time

50% might be too much, but maybe 5% is too little.

If that’s the case, clearly there’s a balanced number in the middle.

Honestly, I’d rather see 1-2-2

1 Like

we cant really be removing a player though…

Not really, you’re talking about free ult charge with every push. If it was anything beyond minor, it would make barrier tanks basically throwing.

The problem with 1-3-2 is you basically have Healers getting constantly hunted down by excess DPS, and the Tank being locked down by CC or the Tank just plays like a pure DPS and makes no space.

122 is less chaotic and you get better focus on what your teammates are doing, a little more individual impact play.

but then you just buff the healers selfpeel, and give tanks a %resistance to CC passive globally and problem done

that can be solved easily

Yeah, but you’re also talking about cracking through 900+1300+900 barrier, a unmatrixable boulder flashbang, a Matrix that heals, and a near invulnerable Orisa, and a projectile 50% Slow

The idea is to weaken that a lot by giving extra Ults.

As if rebalancing the entire game is easy, but giving some conditional Ult charge is hard :stuck_out_tongue:

This alone would be 2 ults.

i just dont like the idea honestly…the point of barriers is prevent them from dealing damage to me and thus preventing ult charge,

A major design element of barriers is the denial of ult charge, unless you want to grant ult charge to tanks when they recover barrier HP.

1 Like