“Relativistic PBSR” better than “PBSR”

The sample size is the same, thats a mute point. Also worries me that you do not understand, and at this point I can get the feeling you do not WANT to understand.

Please show me the “many times”, does it out number the “matchmaker sucks” type of threads? Do they get those?

Perhaps with a more detailed analysis a better system can be made or even just help people out.

I do understand though, you want to compare your stats against your teams and i guess others who had similar stats.

Its better to just go by the whole rank, that is indeed a bigger sample.

Stop worrying about pbsr so much in general, you are missing the point of the game. You are not supposed to obsess over this system like you are doing

2 Likes

Its the same sample size.

Relative System:
Widow plays a game. On map M, Widows tank does x damage, widows dps partner does y damage, support 1 does z healing, support 2 does “A” healing. The average elims for widow with variables of M,X,Y,Z,A is only … 5. You did 12 elims with those variables. You showed you how much “better” skilled YOU are. All Widows in this rank are being compared.

Someone asked for a better system. Here, I present a better, detailed system that measures team dynamics passed wins / losses.

This is interesting and I think the discussion has a lot of merit. It sounds like you are suggesting a more fine-tuned version of PBSR which factors in other players’ performances. But do we know for sure that PBSR does not take factors like these into account? These systems are largely secretive and shrouded in mystery.

It makes sense that if we are going to have something like PBSR, it should be tuned as finely as possible. But I’m still against these systems in principle because they will never be fair, objective, or transparent. They are necessarily relativistic, subjective, and obfuscated. And they are a distraction from the match result which is what everybody really cares about and what should matter at the end of the day. It’s a travesty that match results are determined by MMR/algorithmic handicapping, but that is another subject as we know :wink:

1 Like

that is not at all how the system works LOL

2 Likes

By all means enlighten me.

I’m pretty sure whatever system you describe is still one dimensional to 1 person on the team. But go ahead I want to get my facts straight.

Apparently not because regressive ladder mobility is nothing like positive PBSR gains.

I mean… To some degree it does work like this but definitely not entirely.

If all that was required for PBSR gains was 2 extra elims, then every DPS player who’s ever gotten all golds would barely lose any SR when the match is over.

Yet as many (bob yourself) have reported, losing more like 20-30 SR even when you’ve performed well (relative to what you perceive as playing well).

Do I know how EXACTLY the system works?

• Of course not.

But I’d wager APM has a LARGE impact on it when compared to simply being top fragger.

1 Like

I dumbed it wayyy down. The major point was comparing 1 toon across the board while ignoring who my teammates are and my enemies.

Not pbsr, relativistic pbsr.

Full picture Relative System:
Widow plays a game. On map M,

Widows tank does x damage, widows dps partner does y damage, support 1 does z healing, support 2 does “A” healing.

Enemy tank does B damage, enemy dps 1 damage c, enemy dps 2 damage d, enemy supports (e,f).

The average elims for widow with average variables of M,X,Y,Z,A,b,c,d,e,f is only … 10. You did 12 elims with those variables. You showed you how much “better” skilled YOU are. All Widows in this rank are being compared.

The real issue is it’s so complex they just threw their hands up and said pbsr is “good enough”. The worst words in history.

Well you’re making kind of a lot of assumptions (which is fine considering we don’t have a lot of “confirmed” data to go off of).

However, simply putting up 2 kills more than average would in no way be enough to trigger a large PBSR gain (at least not in the current system).

• If you were to double it, that’d be another story all together.

But in general, I’d go as far to say that PBSR mobility could be a lot more lenient and that’d be good (for both smurfs, good players and average players seeing improvement).

I’m still not on board with giving someone a participation trophy because they had one or two pop-off games.

1 Like

Again, I dumbed it down. Not sure how it works, but the point is it takes 1 toon you play irregardless of any other toon in the game, or performance of anybody else.

And the point is, that’s wrong. That’s what it’s minimal sr because it is a terrible way of identifying “skill”.

That’s what’s happening now! With less data!

Care to elaborate? :thinking:

1 Like

Pbsr gives a bonus off of 1 game and it does that without any other input except the person.

I rather give bonus with more variables involved relative to my teammates and enemies.

Pretty sure it already does that. And for REAL PBSR to take effect it takes like 3 to 5 games.

1 Like

We don’t know that for certain.

Okay, but you also don’t know for certain that your above claims are valid either.

1 Like

You forgot about the SR gains on your account? If you take a look you can see it took around 4 games before the PBSR started kicking in HARD.

https://imgur.com/SEC8BID

I have noticed that on every account I play on

You claimed pbsr I just thought it was the streak bonus.

I guess we’ll never know!

Streak Bonus doesn’t exist anymore.

I was never around in the time of the streak bonus but people have shown me video recordings of going up hundreds of SR compared to now where it’s capped pretty much between 50-100 (150 if you’re rolling bronze kids).

1 Like

Streak Bonus doesn’t exist anymore.

I was never around in the time of the streak bonus, but people have shown me video footage of going up hundreds of SR.

• Compared to today where you’re pretty much capped at 50-100 SR (150 if you’re rolling bronze kids).
1 Like

You mean ‘to take effect.’