“HaMmOnD iS bAd FoR tHe GaMe”

Says the player who mains busted snipers or who expects to pick Widowmaker and comfortably one-shot everyone without being contested. Also the Hanzo player melting enemies from a distance with spam.

These people come and tell me that Hammond, one of the most easily countered heroes in the game (who has never been a must pick anywhere) is “toxic”? Lulz. Please, look at your own hero choices first before criticizing any design. Look at their current and past stats and only then tell me which one is the broken, toxic one.

22 Likes

or anyone who plays zenyatta

9 Likes

This is a common thing. People who main heros always cry about the heros who counter them to be OP.

I love hearing Chipsa complain about Widow. Just makes me laugh every time.

7 Likes

You know what makes you so upset? It’s the fact that deep down you know that hammond is an annoying ball of cc trash.

11 Likes

Hammond is a bad concept that should’ve never been introduced to the game.

3 Likes

TBF Zen gets annihilated by almost every hero

9 Likes

Hammonds fine. If he’s really bothering your team that much there’s several easy counters to him.

1. Sombra. Can’t go fast if you’re hacked. He becomes completely useless.

2. Mei. Can’t go fast if you’re frozen. She does a great job of countering ball, makes him have to switch usually.

3. Stuns. Of any kind. Just stun him and he stops moving.

Honestly if you’re dps refuse to switch to a stun hero sombra or mei to counter ball, you deserve to lose. Tanks can’t counter ball as well, hog kinda can, rein and sigma sort of can, but ball is countered best by dps. So dps. If balls annoying you, SWITCH HEROS.

1 Like

Okay, but what if someone playing a hero you respected said it? Responding to that would make for a much stronger point. Using hypocrisy to devalue an opinion is worthless beyond making yourself feel good.

Hammond is very creative and has very clear counters that cripple him if present.

I wish my DPS would switch to them sometimes instead of just complaining. As it stands I usually shield bash him to stop his point spinning or have to land a sleep dart.

I’m a Doomfist main and while I enjoy when ChipSa used to play Doomfist (he’s functionally a Mei main) it always made me laugh when he’d call Widowmaker op but then he plays Hanzo all the time. Come on, Chippers.

1 Like

I just hit him with Rein’s Charge.

Hammond who?

1 Like

if i play Rein i like having ball around me, especially if im swinging mah hamma’!

People don’t like Hammond because of the massive amount of CCs, which most people hate. He’s like a tougher and but less lethal Doom.

It’s a shame because Hammond is a super fun hero, but Blizzard got themselves in a corner. Without CCs hammond is trash and can’t do his job of disrupting, but with CC people just hate him.

1 Like

I just had a trash dps blaming me for the loss on Busan.

He is Soldier 76 and they have a Pharmercy, anyway, our other DPS had to switch to hit scan also to help our Soldier 76 DEAL with the pharah.

Our Soldier 76 sits there in the text chat BLAMING me and the other tank for being bad…

Yes ok sweetie it’s not the fact that our other DPS had to switch to help you kill a pharah. Totally was Hammond fault and Reinhardt lmao.

1 Like

Hammond though is bad for the overall health of the game for various reasons and I’m pretty dumbounded that anyone at Blizzard though that his implementation was a good idea in the first place…

2 Likes

Hammond isn’t OP. He’s just sorta… useless. Like I generally think that Blizzard added him into the game because they wanted to please casual players with ‘funny lol meme hamster! XD rawr!’. He hasn’t been meta ever and is really just an annoyance to Zenyatta players. But he’s fun to play, I guess, so Blizz succeeded in doing that.

Please don’t tell me you play Sombra.

2 Likes

??? Hammond is one of the best and most original ideas Blizz has ever had in a while!

Would you have preferred another boring hero like Ashe?

4 Likes

What? Why do you think that?
He’s one of the most interesting mechanical designs and one of the most engaging characters to play.

1 Like

I don’t think so. His abilities are very creative if you look at them from a developer view. Like his grapple ability combined with a movement speed which also Boops people so he can create space, and also capable of vertical movement and is hard to master. Now compare his creative mechanic to Rein or Orisa: hold right click and press W to create space, press E and hold down M1 until you have another E.

Besides: it’s soft CC which means it won’t take away your ability to play the game like stuns, Boop will only affects your movement.
He doesn’t have a CC like Orisa where She can exactly drag you where She wants to. You can boop someone and hope that it Will be somewhat good.

Overall he can be countered easily with any form of CC, his hitbox is even bigger than Roadhog’s #ss and he is a high skill hero:

-Hard to learn mechanics (Managing to boop just the right person to the front of your team, then piledrive combo is hard to master) Plus he is a hit-scan with a weaker damage so you need to have a somewhat good aim.

-Insanely hard to learn positioning and timing. Knowing when and from where to engage otherwise you’ll just feed.

1 Like