“Applying update” Bug

I’ve gotten an “Applying Update” when I load into comp for the first time everyday. I’ve had it happen 2-3 times now which has brought me up to a longer suspend time(also losses I assume). It sucks that players get penalized for playing, and most won’t have any form of compensation such as loss forgiveness.
(Edit: I completed my placements with a total of 1 loss and 2 penalty leave because of the glitch. This made me go up only one rank to gold1.)

31 Likes

This has been happening to me too! I’m not sure what it is but I’ve tried reporting it hopefully things will be resolved soon. :frowning:

1 Like

You are not alone in this regarding this matter my friend.
I am too affected by this nefarious bug/issue.
Has happen even more lately. I believe about 8 times today.

Has found some guides to do if this happen. But it is the usual standard what to do if something goes awry.
Restart your computer.
Restart your router.
Check your firewall/anti-virus software.
Repair overwatch installation.
Re-install overwatch.

I have seen about 5-6 post regarding this as well on the forum so far. Many people are having the same issue.

So happy times to see what actually fix it…
ps. I have just repaired the game and it still hasnt fixed the issue…

Never the less. I wish you all the luck you may find my friend.
Live long and prosper.

1 Like

This literally just happened to me and I likewise want to appeal. This is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Same here. This bug has now caused suspension twice when trying to join competitive play (always when playing healing).

It’s actually dumb that players get penalized for the countless errors in this game.

Please remove the ban and penalty from my account!

1 Like

Anyone know how to appeal I have 7 hours left on my suspension ??

1 Like

I am also having this issue.

1 Like

This issue also happens to me multiple times a day

2 Likes

I had this Issue, and then it was magically fixed, and now I just got it again. Everyone on here should report the bug not just reply.

3 Likes

Yup, this just happened for me too while queuing for Competitive, suspended for 15 minutes and I assume treated the game as a loss for myself.

1 Like

does this only happen to support or is this an all role problem? because I just got this bug when queueing as support but played multiple games as dps fine.

1 Like

Just got suspended for 15 minutes for this as well. Kinda wondering if I should just not play for a little bit.

1 Like

happend to me samething now i need to wait 8 hours to play a game i dont know if it will happen again its happend today 3 times never had this issue before

1 Like

I have had this issue 3 times in 2 days. Very disappointed to lose comp score like this and be banned. Small indie developer btw.

1 Like

Got this “applying bugs” today several times and got suspended from comp. After that I played couple more games and was ready for rank adjustment. My score was 7-2 and I expected to rank up at least 2 levels. But instead I stayed at the same level and received message: “Game leaves: X”.
Total BS

1 Like

Same issue here. This has happened over the past 3 days on my first game of the night, expecting a significant rank drop because of it. It seems to be related to waking my PS from sleep and not having closed OW then starting game from the disconnected OW instance.

Also, Overwatch “2” is the literal satire “sequel” described in The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe. Please consider reverting all changes since October and introducing a bucket weapon skin.

2 Likes

Why is this issue not being worked on??? Im on x box so it means is going on on all platforms

2 Likes

Two days straight tried to play a competitive match soon as the game is about to start the game says it’s a applying an update then I take a loss because I didn’t load into the game and now I’ve been suspended twice for eight hours? For a game that’s free don’t understand how you can get suspended that long for that but is there anyway to actually appeal this before the eight hours. Also I’m down to seven hours and 45 minutes at this point but if anyone knows if you’re gonna Appeal this in the next seven hours I would really like to know because I’m probably gonna delete this game which really makes me sad. But I refuse to go through this again and there’s way too many games out there I could actually play and not waste my time. After working 10 to 12 hours 5 to 6 days a week. It ain’t right or fair

2 Likes

Had this same thing just happen to me and now I too am suspended from Comp. I’m hoping this isn’t going to increase my chance of getting banned from OW.

2 Likes

Mine happened in Open Queue.

1 Like