You're not going to compete with Lol, stop

i agree a zillion percent. the people in forums complaining about exp globes are extremely exaggerating how bad they think they are. people ALWAYS do that with any change in this game. EVERY single time a new hero is released people are in forums the moment that hero comes out claiming that hero is thee most powerful hero in the game, the game is ruined by that character, the character is broken, etc etc etc.
they change anything at all about this game, players go to forums and claim the game is now broke because a slight change. happens every time they make even a slight change to this game. really, it happens to every game. they make a change to wow, players are in forums complaining, LEAGUE of legends makes a tiny change, people are in their forums complaining and saying the game is ruined. lol introduces a new character, people act the same way as they do here.

Then go play League of Legends.

Well, speaking from a personal perspective, I don’t really give a crap about my rank or MMR. I play to win, but I don’t automatically hate the game if I lose.

The main issue, for me, is that XP Globes make the game less fun, win or lose. The constant snowballing means that I alternate between stomping the enemy team after a few good plays in the early game, or being stomped by the enemy team after a few early misplays. There’s little in between; the former is boring because it’s easy, and the latter is boring (And frustrating) because the game’s already been decided at the 5-minute mark, and it will only continue to stack the odds against me from there.

I also can’t play several of my favorite heroes anymore, because bruisers and melee assassins are simply superior.

So, I’m not under duress because I was at a rank or MMR where I didn’t belong; I’m under duress because I don’t like these changes.

They weren’t the sole deciding factor in the laning phase. They were something that you could play around, and adjust to. But when squishy mages are forced to move into melee range to collect EXP, there’s really not much they can do to respond a lane bully who freezes the wave. Especially once the lane bully inevitably gets an EXP lead, and keeps it.

Or they could just drop the change. Much simpler.

Ignoring them won’t help. And many of those people complain that Tracer and Deathwing are just not fun to play against, regardless of how much effort they put into learning how to play against them. And you can’t tell someone that they should be having fun when they’re not. If your playerbase isn’t having fun, that’s on the devs, not the players.

Attempting to undermine my argument by bringing up my rank, even though that’s irrelevant to the topic at hand. It doesn’t matter if my arguments came from a Bronze player or a T500 player. If someone sees fit to attack your character instead of your arguments, they’re simply not worth listening to, because the argument will never move in a productive direction.

Not really. I know of several changes that were welcomed by the majority on the forums, such as the changes to fort EXP, buffs and reworks to underused heroes, and most of the changes geared toward reducing snowballing in general.

And if you honestly think you should ignore negative feedback because “someone will always complain no matter what”, you’d make a terrible businessman. Ignoring negative feedback is a surefire way to run your business into the ground.

ya really, i can show forum posts (i can link them) about every time a change happens, every time a new hero is released, people complain. you act like the whining justify’s trying new stuff.
quick, you and a few other people whined in forums about something new added, quick delete it and not let the rest of the player base get used to the new change. that’s how you act like it should happen

The Blizzard devs asked for feedback about this change, saying they may or may not keep it depending on feedback.

So here’s my feedback: I do not like this change, I enjoyed the game more before this change was implemented, I believe this change causes more problems than it solves, and I view this change as a failed experiment that should be reverted.

Ask and ye shall receive.

2 Likes

YOUR THE ONE CLAIMING TO BE HIGH RANKED. maybe ya know, you shouldn’t make grand claims if you don’t want to be called out for it then. YOU LITERALLY CLAIMED YOU ARE HIGH RANKING. i want to see it. i find it HILARIOUS that when called out and offered a way for you to prove your rank, now you cry about that and claim its a personal attack. NO ITS NOT. YOUR THE ONE CLAIMING TO BE HIGH RANKED.

I was in Diamond, a long time ago. I stopped playing Ranked because I don’t care that much about increasing my personal rank. But you don’t need to be high-ranked in order to make comments about high-ranking play. Ever heard of coaches? Pro play channels? eSports? Statistics?

So, I hope you’re satisfied. Now why don’t you move on to making an argument that isn’t a waste of time for both of us?

ya sure you were. how about this. you log into the game right this second. you obviously are on a computer, so log into the game and give me your i.d., i’ll send you a message and i’ll view your profile. i don’t think you were ever ranked that high.
however, that has absolutely nothing to do with your bold claims though. YOU LITERALLY SAID THIS:
“Well, in the lower ranks, that might be true. I haven’t seen much of that in the higher ranks, aside from rotating gank squads and pushing to eliminate a fort/keep.”
so you are either lying about being in higher ranks now and not seeing that because YOU AREN’T RANKED, or you are only comparing what you are seeing in QM and basing your judgement against exp globes in QM. so in other words, YOU ARE MAKING CRAP UP.
OH, i don’t care what rank you are honestly, i just think it’s hilarious that you tried saying that what i said about the exp globes not snow balling only happens in low ranks but in “higher ranks” it snow balls all the time. YOU OBVIOUSLY LIED ABOUT YOUR RANK and are using that to justify your complaining about exp globes. the fact you don’t even comprehend what you said is rather amusing.

And here is my feedback:

While not being perfect, in general, I find that the exp change is good. It encourages a more balanced comp and people working together for optimum result. Not a clown fiesta when ranged assassins can do everything on their own.

With that said, I do believe that some tweaks are needed. Therefore, I here by suggest:

• Extend the range and the duration of the orbs.
  • Once tethered, the orb does not expire. So long as there is a friendly hero within range for collection.
  • Allow stealth hero to collect normally.
  • And yes, I do support last hitting NOT GRANTING xp.

And what a surprise, you instantly shift to insults. Calling me a liar and an idiot because I follow high-ranking play, and arguing over one sentence I said several posts ago, instead of the actual point I was trying to make.

And no, I’m not going to give you my ID. This conversation is over.

Unbalanced, ranged-centric comps haven’t been a problem in a long time, based on the guides/websites I’ve been following. The most recent tier list on Icy Veins, for example, lists ETC, Diablo, Garrosh, Johanna, Alarak, Qhira, Zeratul, Jaina, Kael’thas, Sylvanas, Abathur, Ana, Anduin, and Uther in the equivalent of A-tier. And in the previous tier list, A-tier looked largely the same.

Based on that tier list, ranged assassins exist in the meta, but aren’t a dominating force that prevents melee characters from seeing play.

Also, in addition to making life more difficult for ranged assassins, things can quickly become a nightmare for squishy ranged Support characters; they are now all totally dependent on teammates to soak EXP if an enemy is present in the lane.

I would support the first 3 changes, if the collection range was increased to its former distance. I do not support the last change, because it’s an unneeded nerf to characters whose kits contain long-ranged waveclear, like Abathur, Sgt. Hammer, Azmodan, Murky, and others.

sure ya won’t. so in other words, you want to claim to be high ranked and use that to justify attacking exp globes. when confronted about your bold claims, you act like that is a personal insult (here’s a hint, MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, DON’T CLAIM TO BE HIGH RANKED THEN AND USE THAT CLAIM TO JUSTIFY ATTACKING SOMETHING).
again, i’m not the one who lied about my rank to make bold claims. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO DID THAT. oh, and you then now claim you know that because you follow high ranked play. lmfao. ya, gotta clean that up anyway you can don’t ya.
and of course you won’t show me your i.d. or ya know, show each others profiles, why? because you know very well your profile doesn’t contain all the bold crap you’ve claimed here.
all i am saying is this. if you don’t like exp globes, cool. say so. don’t act like your this high ranking player and use that to justify your not liking something when you clearly aren’t. also, don’t later say “i was talking about following high ranks” because you don’t know that either. just ya know, say you don’t like something. would make it easier on yourself yo.

this thread is going into places~

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Master in EU for a year now iirc, you can find proof for this claim in the Heroes Message Boards thread or I can provide yet another picture here once I’ll get home.

I dislike this change for many reasons:

• “doesn’t do anything” where I play, tb more precise: it strengthen the already stall laner meta, removing options from the RA role
  • it makes soaking easier, since you have extra 6 sec to collect xp you’d lose previously (this means that leaving your lane to get a camp takes less skill than before and that ppl can double soak with more success)
  • it makes QM harder, more unfair than it was (and ppl already complained about that)
  • it makes the “xp soaked” stat less meaningful and informative, since doesn’t matter who did whay to get the xp, only the collector gets the numbers
  • it was made so ppl can see that they should get xp but it’s not really more visible than it was before, so imo it seems to fail at the reason it was advertised to be made
2 Likes

Nothing has changed for them.

They are the supports. They are supposed to stay with their teammates. Not wandering off soloing lanes.

“Increased” as in “slightly increased“, not from one end of the map to the other.

It’s the most important one and the best change ever happened in this game. Of course it’s gonna stay.

Wave clear, not soaker. Which means their job is to clear waves, leave the soaking to other. In other word, cooperate with their team. Instead of acting like it’s their personal solo concert to show off.

1 Like

Yes. It has. You need to get closer to the minion wave than before if you want to collect EXP. That leaves you more vulnerable.

You don’t always have that luxury, especially if you’re in solo queue. Sometimes there’s no one else available to soak a lane, and you need the EXP.

I assumed that’s what you meant. I’m just telling you what I’d do with your suggestion.

Why? It’s just an alternate way to collect EXP if you’re out of range. It’s not game-breaking by any means.

Well, again, you don’t always have the luxury of teammates who can do the soaking for you. There are 3 lanes on most maps, and you need to assign one person to each lane. The remaining 2 people won’t always be available to babysit your lane, especially if they’re rotating like a good team should.

I don’t consider soaking EXP to be my personal solo concert to show off. I just like killing minions, and I do my job of collecting EXP, pressuring forts and harassing the enemy to the best of my ability. From my point of view, it was good game design, because it made a fun part of the game (Clearing minion waves with AoE, and pushing bases) also a good strategy to win.

I don’t appreciate having my ability to collect EXP for my team crippled, or having the game punish me for clearing distant minion waves. It adds extra steps to the process of EXP collection, allowing my enemies to easily undo my work, which doesn’t add to the fun of the game at all for me. I want to kill minions and push forts instead of having to freeze the lane forever. And if XP globes turn a fun aspect of the game into a frustrating chore, I’m going to complain about it.

And, again, it’s not as if ranged assassins were forcing melee assassins or bruisers out of the meta. Plenty of melee characters were quite viable and powerful before this change.

This is actually one of the more sensefull comments on the forum thus far.

When you are that “Classic” that you wanna reroll the Ammo on the towers, then theres just “original” QQ.
Some people just litteraly just want to reroll to the old purely based on it being the original.
Actually abit tragic, that’s the whole classic WoW right back again.
I played it and i found it horrible, it was fun back then, but rerolling to it was like losing all the good parts about the MMORPG; ofc some things was good to get back like the mobs ACTUALLY being hard to defeat so it didn’t feel AS MUCH of a grind, but like spending 30days to level to max level… bleh.

1 Like

Well, the EXP system was already fundamentally different from most other MoBAs. It didn’t force you to micromanage your minion wave to get as many last hits as possible; it simply rewarded you for clearing minion waves efficiently and trading with your enemy.

Which is another reason I don’t like this change. It pushes you to adopt a similar playstyle to other MoBAs when laning, where the game rewards you for not attacking minions, and discourages you from pushing the enemy’s base in the early game.

I enjoyed the tower ammo system because it did the same thing; encouraging you to kill minions and push your lane instead of sitting back and watching minions die, one by one.

The objective of the game is destroy the core, not competing who has more xp.

That’s intended. Make the game more fun. Rather than a camp fest.

That’s not luxury, that’s what a support supposed to do.

That’s not an excuse for a support to wandering off.

Then people should stop complaining about it and adapt to changes.

Then there is always someone to soak after the wave has been cleared.

That’s not the goal of this game.

This, neither.

Nothing is crippled. The players simply have to think more.

It’s fun now. When people actually move around and contest. Unlike before, when people just spam their abilities from two or three galaxies away and call it a day. That’s what one would call “boring”.

I’m well aware of that. But collecting EXP is vital if you want to destroy the core. It’s extremely difficult to win when your team is level 1 and the enemy team is level 20.

Fun for whom? Certainly not me. And if anything, this change encourages camping by freezing your lane and sitting back instead of actually killing minions and keeping the game moving.

So supports are supposed to be completely useless outside of healing people, and have no ability to take initiative or accomplish things on their own? Not even able to soak EXP from an empty lane? Are you trying to get all the support mains to quit?

So if the support sees an empty lane that needs soaking, and all of their teammates refuse to soak it, the Support is supposed to just sit there and do nothing?

Or maybe people should swallow their pride, see a failed experiment for what it is, revert it, and move on.

Rotating doesn’t mean that your teammates can be everywhere at once. Sometimes they’ll be busy doing something else. Like doing merc camps, pushing forts, ganking another lane, or soaking EXP from another lane, because apparently soaking EXP has to always be a team effort now.

And? To me, it sounds like you’re suggesting that destroying the core should be the only fun part of this game, and the only part of the game’s design that actually matters.

Last time I checked, I can’t soak EXP from other lanes with a long-range Q just by “thinking more”. And if I’m being zoned out from all of my EXP by a lane bully, that’s not a problem I can solve just by “thinking more”.

Well, that’s your subjective perception of “fun”. I find it fun to kill minions, push lanes and harass enemies instead of freezing the lane forever, feeling totally useless because I’ve been zoned out of all my EXP by a lane bully, and/or having the match devolve into a one-sided slaughter because we’re 2 levels behind due to not being able to win the lane against a Rexxar.

It stil does.
The only “downside” is that you gotta take XP by force now, risk the trade or simply decide to let some of it go.
If anything, even more so now.

To be fair, i couldn’t care less if it resembles other MOBAs, what matters to me is if it feels rewarding/fun, and it does, even more so than the previous XP system that felt really passive.
I was able to grind my way to master 3000 with the old system, but i found the lanes being passive, the only times you really did something proper was when you ran out of lane to pick up camps to quickly return to the lane or when the objectives are up.
With this system i feel active all the time even during laning.

The tower ammo system was horrendous, what you did was push a wave to the towers, drained the towers for ammo, then free sieged.
Blizzard even stated in the interview during this years Blizzcon that the Ammo system was adjusted so many times to not have the players just push freely that the towers were LITTERALY just like they are today apart from the visual ammo below the tower that never drained.
So to sum it up, pick a super sustained hero like Leoric, walk to the towers, watch the enemy cry.

No, it really doesn’t. It rewards you for freezing the lane and not attacking minions, so the EXP globes will spawn as close to you as possible.

Letting EXP globes go is usually a death sentence. That’s how you end up with a 2-level disadvantage.

Well, that’s another point where I have to disagree. Beforehand, I could kill minions to my heart’s content and take a very active role in pushing my lane and sieging forts. Now the game punishes me for that, and instead encourages me to sit back and wait for the minions to drop dead, never daring to actually push the lane unless there are no enemy heroes present.

…And that’s what I liked about it. It rewarded you for pushing your lane by making it easier to take out the forts if you made a sustained push. If the enemy just sits there and lets you drain the tower ammo, then freely siege the towers, then that’s on them.