You were removed from lobby due to inactivity

Everyone here will just call you out.

Untill it happens to them.

Oh, and it will happen to them.

2 Likes

It was a bug, a lot of the people here have no clue how the system works. At worst I should have received a random hero. Might be a glitch cause I switched from my hero to an unowned hero at the last sec. Either way it was the second round of picks and the 3 of us remaining all had picks shown. Definite bug.

no, pretty sure it was not.

If you don’t have a hero selected, it will kick you.
If you have an invalid hero selected, it will kick you.

What’s the bug?

And hence kick the person who was unaware enough to pick or have a valid hero selected, creating an even worse environment/overall experience for 9 other players.

By doing what that, it might actually give all 10 people a sub-par experience. It might not. PERSONALLY I would rather requeue than have someone play a hero they don’t know how to play but own in ranked.

That’s why it happened, but that isn’t a glitch.
It’s intended.

now this part of it, could be a glitch. provided the other two people had valid heroes selected. In which case I would agree on that part being a bug.

But given the game correctly works if two people have different valid heroes selected and others have no hero selected, it seems like it wouldn’t work as you describe.

based on… your thoughts of how it should work?

Report it as a bug in Bug Report and if it is a bug–cool, we’ll know.

But I suspect it is not, at least in terms of kicking someone who has an invalid/no hero selected, instead of giving them a random hero.

It seeing you had a not-okay hero selected and kicking you when two people on your team who had not locked both had separate valid heroes… that would be a bug.

4 Likes

The game normally force picks on whoever has selected a valid hero first.

No it doesn’t. Source: I hover banned/not-owned heroes all the time to force auto-lock onto someone else when I’m picking late. If no one else is hovering then it will pick a random hero for you, it only kicks you if you weren’t hovering anything.

The OP has been vague and unable to confirm that the two people on his team had valid heroes locked.

Or they both had the same Hero.
Or one also changed to try to avoid auto-lock.

I know it used to, but i’m pretty Sure that is not the case anymore.

I’ll see how custom draft interacts with that.

2 Likes

Its ok Jamuro, they have their opinion and then there is fact. Let em have this.

It was very clear in the 2nd post… 2nd round, 2 heroes already locked, 3 heroes showing and last sec me turning to a unowned hero to make sure those 2 lock and not me. Then bam pts lost and leaver games. That is not how it works. Lets hope they did not change anything or many people will learn this harsh lesson.

No, it doesn’t work like that

Let me bring out the quote:
If you are hovering or pre-selecting a Hero that is not available to be locked in when the timer runs out, the draft is ended and leaver penalties are given.

Yes, that is exactly not how it works. Which is why it seems very odd that it did work like that. Which probably means that you were incorrect, or did not tell the full story, or most likely, someone else tried to force you and other person to lock in at the last second also!

Nope, you never confirmed that the two heroes that they showed were valid heroes to lock.
Or if they switched at the last second also.

Also, HOW ABOUT YOU FILE A BUG REPORT ABOUT IT IF IT IS A BUG?

Good thing the game kicked you , like it is a good thing for your teamates that you hovered whatever so that the game would pick a random hero and you gave no care about it.
Hope it is not a bug.

Prove it, because it does work like that, i do it every game :eyes:

Well, it was just Heroes of the Storm QA telling someone who was reporting it kicking them as a bug.

I’m not sure what more proof you want.
please read both posts by Huginncord in that thread before dismissing it as a Cho’Gall thing.

I’m not disputing that it will lock other players if they have valid choices, skipping you.

I’m stating it will not random you a hero and will kick you if you are the last person or pair of people who needs to have a valid pick selected and you do not.

But this here is wrong:

And if it is doing that for you, it is a bug.

The amount of people freeking out over inactivity punishment is amazing. Goes to show how badly the community decayed.

It’s sad you don’t even understand… No wonder games are so horrible these days. This is the type of people us normal people have to deal with.

Crazy. Thanks. I haven’t seen anyone run out the clock as last pick with invalid hover in months, last I checked it randomed you (saw it happen twice), but I’ll trust the blue post.

1 Like

I’m very sure it did used to random you also.

I think they changed it because they found/believe that it is less frustrating to requeue instead of play with someone who probably will leave and if they stay, is likely to not know how to play the hero they were selected. If that was their reasoning, I agree with it.

1 Like

No idea who you or nor do i care about you. Bye bye

You are 100% right, they did do random picks when no pick/invalid pick. But IMO, random pick is far, far worse than just stopping the game at draft. If you randomly get a hero that’s hard countered by the enemy team, or a hero you can’t play, you may as well AFK for the rest of the game.

Yes, this change is undocumented, but it is a good change.

1 Like

Never once understood why people post things like this. If you don’t care, don’t post. Look and move on, like everyone else who actually don’t care.

Sometimes it does, it did to me recently.
Though they’ve been refunding me the points they took away.

People need to learn that 99.9% of the internet does not care what you do on it. You want to leave go for it. In a day from now you wont remember who this is or this post.