You’re playing Chromie wrong!

Wanted to join in on the fun with this amazing chromie guide.

Basically you guys need to forget about time traps. They’re too hard to use and dont do anything useful so why bother. Just focus on landing your q (it pierces minions btw!)

Level 1:
Vision is for simps who want to watch their team get beat, just go for q build! Its the hardest to dodge.

Level 2:
Skip this tier its for your stupid time traps

Level 5:
Dragon claws obviously

Level 8:
This one is tricky. Id recommend the loop, but the key is to save your abilities to spam once it ends bc you’re guranteed to land the hits. Dont just use them en masse while they can run away as you’ll just miss.

Level 11:

This is too boring to talk about, none increase your damage.

Level 14:
Keep going q build. You should ideally be about halfway through your q quest by now! Its not too important to finish though.

Level 18:
Double loop, but again wait for the second tp. You need to be sure that you wont miss your q.

6 Likes

But when I try to skip it, game doesn’t let me get to damage talents at level 14 :frowning:

So which trap is least bad to take?

:rofl:

1 Like

FRESH

MEAT

12 Likes

A Proper Greeting. A 25% damage buff that procs on literally anything (you can talent for a Slow on traps if your team doesn’t have a lot of CC but it will have high uptime anyways) and doesn’t only works on autos but also on spells is no joke.

Being dead is zero DPS, so pick one. :eyes:

If you’re going Q build, the quest actually should be your top #1 priority.

Most of the time, Piercing Sands. It’s just too good to pass on. No hitting those pesky minions and summons anymore, their frontline basically stops existing and you can go directly for the backline, multiplicative damage, Piercing Sands (Lv. 14) procs like crazy… Please pick Piercing Sands.

Also!

Absolutely spam your abilities whevener you can even if you’re not guaranteed to hit, especially Q. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take so by all means take all the chances you get to deal damage and increase your quest. Shoot in all the bushes you have the slightest intuition there might be a hero in, it might be a +1 on your quest and save your life when you’re roaming. The cooldown on Chromie’s Q and W is short enough that you’ll very likely have a full round of abilities whevener you decide to Temporal Loop, so saving is a straight loss, just blast away and rack up the damage!

(Just realised I misunderstood what was said but I’m gonna leave this little write-up :eyes:)

Though Temporal Loop is a mini Nanoboost now. Your cooldowns refresh so fast you can barrage the enemy while the loop progresses and have them back right when the target is teleported. A good combo is W/Q > R > Q > W/Q on loop target to get more damage out of the CD reduction.

4 Likes

^^^
This is a parody post, of the guy who said to play Convection Kael’thas. It’s not actual advice.

7 Likes

Yo fam use <br> instead of Enter. :+1:

Damn it, it’s been a long time so I wasn’t there when the thing started, I totally didn’t get the sarcasm. :sob:

Yes the forum can give bad advice and be sarcastic at the same time

I know this is a lot to take in😭

2 Likes

i want to join the funny

2 Likes

Not only were you respectful but you were also right! Still great responses (though i would have been harsher and gone even further to say q build is not recommended most of the time).

3 Likes

These forums are a wild place aren’t they?

Then write a “You’re Playing Tracer Wrong.”

I must admit I recognized your name and was like “wait, Shadowmere is not the type to give blatant bad advice are they?” and reading through I was like

oh

oh no

oh no no no I should come help

And I got myself trapped, still embarrassed tbh :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: but yeah, I did get a sliiiiight feeling something was off but still bodyslammed your joke with advice and ruined it, so sorry :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Pure time trap build! Xd